Customs: MP-03 Starscream Repaint Resource Page

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Matrix Soul, Sep 26, 2006.

1. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Very impressed---metallic and super-gloss red are among the hardest paints to get looking nice, and you did both well.

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    We (nicely) demand more pictures!! :D 

3. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

The point was to say I prefer his factory color scheme, but to mention that I liked the amount of effort it took to paint SS up like that.

Paint more, be a dick less.

:throw 

4. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guys, keep it on topic.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    Is there any way to unscrew the shoulders or arms? I really want to remove those white stripes on his shoulders, as mine were in a poor shape straight out of the box:

[​IMG]

7. cybertron2006

cybertron2006 Fly By Clockwork Pictures

YOU CANT CONTROL ME!!!

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I understand his paint is supposed to be "damaged" ?

9. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know what you mean, but I found the 'missing' paint apps; the paint rubbed off the shoulder on those blue pieces where the display stand attaches in jet mode.

10. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    LOL, he can ban you :lol 

Unfortunately, even though I started this thread, I had fallen in love with the color schemes of MP-03 (and the fact that I don't trust my painting/spraying skills), and I'm seriously considering keeping the other one I have instead of selling it off. the best I can hope at this point is for Hasbro to do a version with accurate colors and then display the Takara one in Jet mode and Hasbro in bot mode

11. TFmaster

TFmaster Lord of the Scalple

Geeze guys it was just a joke.

As for making it about me that's not my intent...but this is a MP Starscream repaint thread is it not?

Anyway, to those that asked I did not totally diassemble him for fear of breaking something. It is almost near impossible to take compleately apart as the screw holes are covered by "hide tabs" to make the vehical mode look more realistic.

I hated it all green but a little bit showing was ok with me as long as the end result looked good. You'll notice green peeking through here and there and I'd rather it show in unifrom then have random paint scrapes popping up all the time.

If my sarcastic humor makes me a dick then so be it i'm a dick. It wasn't anything personal and as someone obviousely stated what was the point of my rebuttle?

Simple.There wasn't one.

Man, humor is just lost on some of you people... :D 

Anyhoo, here's alt mode for those who asked. I still need to paint the silver ribs though...

[​IMG]

TFM

12. TFmaster

Um, the best advice I can give you is to put a drop or two of Paint thinner or Lighter Fluid on a cloth and just rub it off. The only problem with that is that the indents/grooves that the paint is on will stay in the cracks in the end. Maybe use the point of a scalple when the paint is clear to scratch the rest of it away out of the grooves? It's what I would do but i'm sure there has to be easier ways.

TFM

13. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Fantastic! What kind of paint did you use? Although I would prefer grey that looks 100 times better than the green. How's about taking commissions to correct my MP SS?

14. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    It would probably be a costly one to commission, although I can't speak for the man. However, I will tell you from past and present experience with TFMaster, his work is top-notch (he did the MP-01 in my sig) and he's really not a dick, actually he's rather nice guy. Of course, that's just MY .02 ;) 

Awesome paint job, btw :thumb 

Anyway, I am still awaiting my MP-03 and depending on how involved it is, I may touch up mine. I hate the color like most of you, but I don't like the sound of hidden screws, though. and the rubbing of plastic seems to be an issue here as well. what paints can be used? I'm sure you have to maybe thin it a little? I'm eager to learn more on this as I'd really like to do another custom. And MP SS is BEGGING me to spice him up :D 

15. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    Damn... that looks good too... like one of those jets at an airshow, I'm torn, absolutely torn...

16. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

ey nice repaint. Though to be honest, I prefer flat colours so a flat grey would have looked nicer IMO. But how did you get rid of the gap in the vehicle mode as described in this thread?
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=112347

Did you have to do any work on it or is it just a matter of transforming some parts a certain way?

17. TFmaster

I don't think i'd want to do it again unless it's just for me. The thing is a big bitch to get apart that you have to paint it in sections. I like my works totally dissassembled to each peice can be painted and it's just not possible with this one unless you want peices clogged from paint scrapings and not transform properly.

I try to use All types of Krylon. It's the best to work with if shaken well before use.

Hope that helps.

TFM

18. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

I'd like to try duracoating a transformer like this. It's a extremely, ie a few microns, thick coating that self levels, lubricates, and is exceptionally chip resistant. It is a firearm finish, and is used to paint even the exposed internal parts of the guns. It's tough, and it's thin. It adheres to plastic...might be perfect for a challenging transformer like this.

It'd be expensive, though. And it requires an airbrush, meaning artistically iliterate types like me won't be able to try it out.

19. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :rock  awesome TFMaster!

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    damnit, that is sexy!