Minor/Repaint: MP-03 Starscream - Again - attempt #3

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by agesthreeandup, Feb 23, 2007.

1. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    Well, this is now my third Starscream figure I have done and I do believe I like this one even better than my last one. It does have a little more added detail than my last and I changed the wing bits a little bit as well.

I am quite happy with this one and will just be doing a few small touch ups and then start on #4. I am going to keep doing this until they are perfect.

I did a few mods on this one, just some sanding to minimise the wear that will come from Transforming. I have altered the shoulder joints so that they don't wear on the sides of the figure. I have also altered the sides of the nose cone to help stop any wear there as well. I think there are a few places on the next one that I will consider sanding more to stop more wear.

Spencer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks pretty damn good to me!

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks pretty damn good to me!

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's pretty good. One question. Why all the attempts? I've never seen someone do so many repaints of the same expensive figure, and get about the same reslut in each one. Are you rich or something? Peace out.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's pretty good. One question. Why all the attempts? I've never seen someone do so many repaints of the same expensive figure, and get about the same reslut in each one. Are you rich or something? Peace out.

6. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

I agree. I wish they would have done that to begin with.

7. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

I agree. I wish they would have done that to begin with.

8. IOIIOOO

IOIIOOO Botographer to the Stars

Looks great! Think you'll detail the null rays like the last one?

9. IOIIOOO

IOIIOOO Botographer to the Stars

Looks great! Think you'll detail the null rays like the last one?

10. agesthreeandup

News Credits:
    Well, not rich or anything but I do own a store which does sell TFs so basicly I get these for cost. The first one I did because I was bored. It was OK and I ended up selling it. I did a Skywarp next and it turned out quite good but I ended up selling that one too. I do want to do another Skywarp because I think I can do better than the first one. I did a second Starscream because I knew I could do better than the first one and someone pointed out all the things I did wrong like the waist and the wing stripes (or lack there of). I had that one on display in the store for a while but someone bought it. The third one I have done for someone who asked me to do one.

I like to paint when I have spare time and I do a lot of Gundam work as well. With the Starscream I feel I can always do better and will continue to try until I get one exactly right and then I will keep that one. I do the same with Gundam figures a lot of the time as well. End up building the same one 3 or 4 times just to make sure it comes out right. You learn something new each time you do one.

I forgot to detail the null ray before I brought it in to work to take some pictures. It is one of the details I am going to take care of with this one.

I can't wait to get in the Megatron. I am going to paint a bunch of those as well in all kinds of different versions.

You can see some of the differences in the three figures with these images.

Starscream #1
    [​IMG]

Starscream #2
    [​IMG]

Starscream #3
    [​IMG]

And this is the Skywarp. Man, looking at this one just makes me sad. So many things that can be changed.
    [​IMG]

Spencer.

11. agesthreeandup

News Credits:
    Well, not rich or anything but I do own a store which does sell TFs so basicly I get these for cost. The first one I did because I was bored. It was OK and I ended up selling it. I did a Skywarp next and it turned out quite good but I ended up selling that one too. I do want to do another Skywarp because I think I can do better than the first one. I did a second Starscream because I knew I could do better than the first one and someone pointed out all the things I did wrong like the waist and the wing stripes (or lack there of). I had that one on display in the store for a while but someone bought it. The third one I have done for someone who asked me to do one.

I like to paint when I have spare time and I do a lot of Gundam work as well. With the Starscream I feel I can always do better and will continue to try until I get one exactly right and then I will keep that one. I do the same with Gundam figures a lot of the time as well. End up building the same one 3 or 4 times just to make sure it comes out right. You learn something new each time you do one.

I forgot to detail the null ray before I brought it in to work to take some pictures. It is one of the details I am going to take care of with this one.

I can't wait to get in the Megatron. I am going to paint a bunch of those as well in all kinds of different versions.

You can see some of the differences in the three figures with these images.

Starscream #1
    [​IMG]

Starscream #2
    [​IMG]

Starscream #3
    [​IMG]

And this is the Skywarp. Man, looking at this one just makes me sad. So many things that can be changed.
    [​IMG]

Spencer.

12. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Hmm well good luck and hope you get what you want soon enough. As far as the megatron goes then awesome i might even buy one.. i want a classic megatron repaint of the g1 megatron =)

13. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Hmm well good luck and hope you get what you want soon enough. As far as the megatron goes then awesome i might even buy one.. i want a classic megatron repaint of the g1 megatron =)

14. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Ebay:
    If you don't mind my asking, what kind of paint are you using, and how are you applying it?

How much are you selling these for? Skywarp and starscream? I have never seen them on your website.

15. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Ebay:
    If you don't mind my asking, what kind of paint are you using, and how are you applying it?

How much are you selling these for? Skywarp and starscream? I have never seen them on your website.

16. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    So that's what you were doing those past 2 weeks instead of shipping my order? :)  Just bugging you. It looks great. The grey-red-blue are all perfect, nothing too dark, too light or too bright.

17. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    So that's what you were doing those past 2 weeks instead of shipping my order? :)  Just bugging you. It looks great. The grey-red-blue are all perfect, nothing too dark, too light or too bright.

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Version 3's definitely looking best, Spencer. HoweverI do agree that itneeds detailing; the problem with such light colours is that you end up with large empty looking areas.

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Version 3's definitely looking best, Spencer. HoweverI do agree that itneeds detailing; the problem with such light colours is that you end up with large empty looking areas.

20. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, do a little detailing and bladow, it'll be rocking. Great so far, and number 3 definitely is the best.