MP-03 SS out of box Pic

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Matrix Soul, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Shit, I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it.

Ehhh... now I *am* starting to rethink buying this one. Between all the kibble they blatantly try to hide from the pics (notice virtually so side shots of this figure anywhere), the amount of parts that have to be detached during transformation and clicked on elsewhere in robot form, and the wrong colors intentionally being used, this shoulder-mounted wings thing could very well be the deal breaker for me now. Might have to hop on the bandwagon and just wait for a version that is at least color accurate.

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I have never heard that mentioned before. What parts have t be removed and reattached?

3. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Can we see the Gerwalk Mode?

4. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think his armguns do. The Kawamoritech "teenyarms to move stuff" bit didn't make it to the redesign, far as I've seen.

5. GogDog

News Credits:
    The wings are not actually attached at the shoulders. They are attached at the back, but just at a higher point than normal. The parts of the back that they attach to fold up from the back, and the wings are on a screw, so it looks to me that they do not seperate from the body at all. I haven't seen any evidence that any parts have to be removed during transformation, except for the standard null rays.

6. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hmmm the wings still seem to be attached to the back as far as I can see.. Always have been, they're just on a swivel so they move outward like that.

I love the mold but I just can't get over those colours. I've always liked Skywarp the best out of the seekers so I'll just wait for the eventual repaint.

Edit: GogDog beat me to it

7. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm so torn. I preordered this guy immediately following the announcement. I love the mold and the jet-mode looks amazing, even in the different colors. The thing I can't get over is the blue in his chest -- why not make it red???? WHY?

So, now I have to decide if I hold out for a better color scheme and potentially miss him.

Argh. :( 

Though, given the response perhaps I could hold out and pick him up on the cheap since it seems that not a lot of people are interested. Choices, choices. I'm leaning towards cancelling.

8. GogDog

News Credits:
    An honest question: If color is the biggest issue, how hard is it to repaint it yourself? If it was easy, I would consider doing it.

9. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The paint wash details i quite like.

However the stripes on the arms contine to irk me, and the fact they come pre worn looking irks me even more.

10. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I still think it looks great and the best looking starscream to date.

11. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dont care if the colors are crap, I still plan on getting one, he just wont be named Starscream, he will be named something else.

12. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

If I were to repaint it myself it'd come out looking worse for wear. LOL.

13. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Just out of morbid curiousity, what's their problem with it? The paint or something about the design?

14. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

That looks seriously good. I can't wait until mine arrives.

I'm afraid I don't trust any transfan's version of the Japanese opinion, it almost always seems to mirror their own. I'd rather hear it from someone impartial.

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I would prefer slightly more traditional colors, too, but it's not a deal-breaker for me. Honestly, I'm more irked by how small he is..... I really would have preferred they leave out a few gadgets (like the opening nosecone) and just make him a couple inches taller. The Masterpiece series doesn't necessarily have to follow G1 perfectly, design-wise, but I kinda feel they should at least be in scale with each other.... and he feels too small compared to Prime.

Still getting him, though.... it's just too cool a toy to pass up, even with reservations. And hey, if they bow to fan demand (or, more likely, smell an opportunity for greater profit) and release a more traditionally-colored one, well, then I'll get that one too and just have an extra, as-yet-unnamed Seeker.

16. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I'm pretty sure we'll end up with a BT Tracks scenario. A few months after the yellow Tracks release and after all the fans bitching, they released a blue Tracks anyway. And I ended up with both of them. Yep, exactly the same scenario!

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    HA! qft.

18. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I go back and forth on it. I think if it were only $50, it wouldn't be much of an issue. But $100 is just too much for something that is so far off from the intended character.

On the other hand, it seems they went back to the core philosophy of "take a real vehicle, turn it into a robot" as opposed to "design a robot, put a decent looking vehicle into it" such as MP-01.

19. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Mostly about the design, since they also saw the first version of the prototype, they feel that Kawamori "Schumacher-ed" it.

I'm just relaying what I read, it is in fact, not my view, since I'm getting it, and has been looking forward to it.

some examples:

"After, the design whose first next prototype is close to original animation
    Because was, as for this river forest edition feeling that it was worsened,"

"everyone complaint saying, you probably will buy, but...
    As for we pass"

"In the future we want the river Mori (Kawamori - babel fish is funny that way) person removing from development."

Original Link with the responses in Japanese http://nov.2chan.net/y/res/612371.htm
    Japanese Image Board, need ot copy and paste in new window.

20. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Best Starscream ever. Love those colours.

This mold is just awesome and it looks like the only problem a lot of people have with it is due to the scheme. Give it time and they will milk different schemes, its not the end of the world, people will just have to hold on to their money a bit longer until Takara comes out with colours they like.