mp-01 reissue differences?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ssjautobot, Sep 16, 2006.

1. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    once again, title is pretty self explanatory. i just ordered the japanese mp-01 convoy reissue, and i was wondering if there are any differences? like in the packaging or in the toy itself?

i never had the chance to get the first run of mp-01

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    larger smokestacks, no battle damage

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Between the two Japanese releases, not sure. Think it's just the addition of a trailer and that's it.

4. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

The first one had those already. I believe you're thinking of the Hasbro 20th Anniversary Movie Prime, which won't have the battle damage but will have short stacks, even though the proto showed long stacks. Also, I think it has silver paint instead of chrome.

5. spiritbreaker

spiritbreaker why do squirrels bug me??

so is this the 22nd Anniversary MP-OP? lol.......

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Nope. There's the Japanese "Masterpiece Convoy" and its re-release with a newly added transforming trailer, called "masterpiece Convoy Complete Edition", neither of which uses the "20th Anniversary" moniker.
    Hasbro-wise, there was the original "20th Anniversary Optimus Prime" (without the "Masterpiece" or "MP" moniker), and soon there will be the re-release, 20th Anniversary DVD Edition Optimus Prime". They simply use the 20th Anniversary of the movie and the release of Sony's DVD edition to use the "20th Anniversary" moniker without making it contradictory.

7. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Oh my, Nevermore missed a detail?

There was a straight-up re-release of Masterpiece Convoy as well, without the trailer. I don't own the original, but from searching other people's pictures, it doesn't look like there's any difference at all between MP Convoy the first, and MP Convoy the second without trailer. Even comes with the same cardboard bendy trailer box.

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I own MP-01 and the re-release is exactly the same. Same mold, same accessories, same box, etc.

And as already mentioned, MP-04 is essentially just MP-01 in a new box but also with the bonus trailer to make it "complete".

Rumour is that the Takara versions also have more diecast than the Hasbro 20th Anniversary edition(s). Not 100% sure on that, however.

9. Hyperion

Hyperion Well-Known Member

It's just that, a rumor. It's not true at all. Both of them are exactly the same in terms of diecast.

Oh, and from the looks MP-04 has blue tinted windows. However, that might just be from the lighting or photoshop.

10. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    thanks. thats exactly what i needed. ive always anted one of the japanese ones, i got the american one when it first came out. but i guess because of its re-release, its easier and cheaper to find now

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Right. That was a Hong Kong-only release, no?

12. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Very possible. All I know is you could order it from BBTS, so I did. And it was exactly the same as the original MP Convoy, down to the box.

13. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

According to BBTS, Yes.

14. voltron2008

voltron2008 TFW2005 4 LIFE

ya, cause I think mp-01 is gonna be packed in the "complete" mp-4 edition, no change there. Hasbro's op gun in the 20th ann was black, now i think the gun is grey, op's grill looks diff from mp-1 to hasbros, his chest color I think is diff, the lights on his feet I think is diff.

15. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Various Bandai and Takara collector pieces, most notably the Chogokin figures, often get re-releases for the Hong Kong market despite the difference in time between the two releases (MP-01 is a longer release than I've seen with Chogokin figures, though). Aside from certain Chogokin figures containing special extras for the Hong Kong versions, these re-releases have always been identical.

In the case of MP-01, definitely should be an exact match.