MP-01/04 Trailer Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Incepticon, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    For anyone that has one of the unoffical MP trailers, from Just Toys or whoever, and the official MP-04 trailer, can you advise which is the better quality?

I ask because, even though I already have MP-01, I still like the idea of having a trailer to go with him. Originally I was going to order 2 x MP-04 so that I could have a complete edition MISB and one to take out and display, but the more I thought about it, the more sense it seemed to make just getting 1 x MP-04 to keep MISB and instead buy one of the unofficial trailers to go with my current MP-01... simply so I don't have 3 MP Prime's in total, 2 of which would be out on display. Seems to be a bit of overkill doing it that way.

Trying to compare pics on the net is hard, hence me asking for help here. From what I can tell, the Just Toys trailer looks pretty awesome, even a bit better than the official MP-04 trailer does. I don't care about it opening (does it open?) and having shit like Roller inside, but I do want to know if it's worth the $80 (CDN) to get instead of the $250.00 (CDN) x 2 for the official MP-04 version.

Thanks for any help... and I hope that actually made some sense.

2. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I don't have MP-04 to compair, but I do have the JustIToys trailer. No, it doesn't split open, but the back door opens so an Alternator can roll in/out.

I love the JustIToys trailer. It's all plastic for all intents and purposes, but it's extreemly high quality and very nicely detailed.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Thanks, Cheebs.

Just to be clear, does the trailer fit one or two Alternators? The site I'm looking to possibly buy this thing from says two, but your post makes it sound like just one. And does the back door actually fold down so they can "drive" in?

Thanks man!

4. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

I've got the Justitoys trailer and dalianj's trailer. The Justitoys one is nice, but has some ribs on the inside that make fitting the wider alt/BT's hard. Dalianj's is fricken awesome, comes with roller (can be upgraded to a show-accurate silver roller for like ten bucks), sticker sheet and is longer than the Justitoys trailer. My only gripe with it is that the turret hinges are a little loose, making posing it difficult at times. I don't have MP-04 yet, but I've handled the trailer, and it is of incredible quality. It has tons of detailing like panel lines and stuff like that, the turret is on ratchet hinges, and it has places for his accesories. It does not, however, as you know, come with roller.

I'd have to say that if you don't want to open your MP-04, dalianj's trailer is a mighty fine piece. It's good quality, roller can be launched out (although mine is not super responsive) and it really completes Prime.

5. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Was Roller silver in the G1 cartoon? I always thought he was blue/purple and that's why they changed the color of Roller in the later editions of G1 Prime?

6. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Thanks for the responses so far. Sadly, this process of finding info is becoming VERY defeating.

I cannot find a single review anywhere of MP-04 that explains the differences to MP-01 (if there are indeed any), gives the dimensions of the trailer, confirms or disputes the rumor of a crappier paint job than MP-01, confirms whether or not the trailer also has shocks... nothing. It's like it doesn't exist OR that literally no one actually owns it.

Add to that, I can't find anywhere that gives the dimensions of the JustIToys trailer either. All I know is that the JustIToys trailer supposedly works better if you use the hinge clip from the MP-01 box (which I threw away), it has no shocks, and that it (along with the MP-04 trailer) is apparently shorter compared to the Dalianj trailer - which is 17" long or something.

Gah, what an ordeal.

7. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

I have MP-04 here's some info for you. The red paint doesn't match on the chest and has factory touch up spots, it is definitely off and not a rumor.

The trailer is 13" long and 4" tall, 4" wide. It fits one alternator because of the battle droid inside. It has shocks on the rear that allow the tires to move up and down and has stabilizers that fold out on both sides to support it when opened up.

from another post,
    Overall the paint apps are cleaner on MP-01 figure, MP-04 figure has some sloppiness to the paint apps in some areas like the Autobot symbol on arm.
    MP-01 Prime figure is better than MP-04 figure. The only thing better about MP-04 is the trailer. Its almost like Takara took all the paint rejects from the MP-01 release and slapped a trailer on it.
    MP-04 has cool blue windows.
    MP-04 has the trailer and new wrist com images.

pics, (with a Hasbro gun)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I have been going through the same dilemma, there is a thread for it somewhere in the toyark, with a lot of helpful responses. In the end, while all have advantages and disadvantages, I decided to go with MP-04 mainly because it seems easiest and it is an official release. I havent purchased one yet, I'm waiting for a sale or perhaps just a good deal somewhere, but I'll break down and buy him eventually.
    And no one answered my Roller question! ;)