Moving..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rattrap007, Mar 6, 2012.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm moving into an apartment next week so the past few weeks I've been packing up all my stuff. DVDs are spread across 3 GIANT rubbermade storage containers. X Box and games fit in a smaller one, TFs are spread across many many tubs. My shelves are bare and sad.

But Monday is going to be ever so fun. Move in, get unpacked, get cable/internet hooked up, power turned on, get food for kitchen...

Tuesday it is time to get bills and such put into new address. Then need to renew license and registration with new address... and more unpacking.

The place is pretty nice. Got to see an apartment like mine.. same section of the complex just different end. First floor so I get a bonus closet under the stairs. I should give me lots of storage for TFs. Small bedroom, but huge walk in closet. Good size kitchen and main room. Nice thing is I am like a block from work and can easily go home for lunches. Also I'll be about 40 yards or so from the pool. Perfect for a quick dip to cool off this summer.

Looked at a lot of places past few months. Most of the places were built in the 70s or early 80s and showed their age. This one was only built about 7-8 years ago. Very nice.

Well gotta run out to do a few things then it is back to boxing up stuff for storage. The storage place is also extremely close. They are right across from where i work.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Display & storage space.

... easily the most important feat after cost. Well, and parking if you have a car, but that kinda fits in with display & storage haha. :) 

3. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Congrats on the new place! :thumb 

4. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Pics?

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Chinese food and paper plates on monday and possibly tuesday. Grocery shopping wednesday. A much easier state of affairs.

6. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

Seconded. Last time I helped a buddy move, it was a mass Subway run.

@OP, congrats.

7. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Congrats, eat cold-cuts for a couple of days.

Just a suggestion: what ever you don't want or need call the Salvation Army and they will pick it up for you, you can put it on your income tax, and its one less box to carry.

Hope your doing all the address changes on line because its so much faster and easier than calling everyone up.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  8. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

Have fun on your move

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Congrats.

10. rattrap007

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Figures filling boxes and a Xbox in one. The top right is a ultra Jetstorm. All/Most of the chrome has fallen off. May toss. Debating..

[​IMG]
    The blue ones are filled with DVDs. Those are 45gal containers.. Grey is another TF tub.

[​IMG]
    Had to switch a giant container of TFs for these two so my dad can have the large one. The large grey one in the first pic will need to be switched as well. I got a giant tub like the grey one in the last picture to switch them over to.

[​IMG]
    This is stuff going to storage. the tupperware things are full of TF boxes.

You never realize how much crap you have till you move. I look at the DVDs and think "I got a good collection" Put all them in the containers and it becomes "Dear god these things weigh a ton!"

Have to snap a few picture of the apartment tomorrow. Going to go remeasure to plan out what goes where. Then need to make arrangements for cable and power.

11. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

Damn that's a lot of TF's. Congrats on the new place! Moving is exciting, especially when it isn't really far from your last place. Have fun settling in and unpacking!

12. rattrap007

News Credits:
    yeah been collecting since BW. Gonna take me forever. No room to display everything, Gonna pick and choose a lot. Masterpieces will be on my dresser, Leader class movie figures in a shelving unit, etc..

13. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    how many boxes do you have?

14. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Packed? What you see there.

Already put all the Marvel Legends and such in storage. Most of what is left is stuff like clothes and a few kitchen things around the house. Those will be all last minute packing the night before.

I'm moving and then my parents are moving about five minutes from the house we live in now to a smaller place. I'm moving about 10 minutes away from where we are now in the opposite direction.

as for my dinner Monday night.. Probably just order some Little Caesar's pizza. I find it hilarious that all I need is now within about 5-10min drives. Work is a 5 min drive so I can come home for lunches. The library is right across the street so I can walk there. There is a grocery store around the corner as well. Several fast food places along the strip which is just around the corner.

15. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Do they take big ass TVs? I got a monster of an old box TV. Think it is 52in and it weighs a ton! When my parents move I get their "old" LCD (or LED) tv that is 34in or so and flat screen. Might just get SA to take my old TV for me. I'll need the big guy till they move.

16. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

Very true.

When I bought my house a few years ago, I cleaned out three K-Marts of their storage bins. Most of the stuff in the U-Haul was toy-related and I thought I got most of my stuff. A couple years later, my parents were renovating their house and I had to move more stuff. Every day for two weeks I was carting over four or five bins at a time in my car and wondering if it'd ever end. It's nice to know WTF all my money went though!

17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If all you have is what's in the photo (besides furniture), that's going to be an easy move.

18. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sure; you can call them or go on their website; if they can't come out, call habitat for humanity.

19. rattrap007

News Credits:
    well furniture, clothes, etc.

The bedroom is a little small, but I'm just using it for sleep. All I need is my dresser, night stand, bed, and maybe a small shelf. Main room is where I need the space. Gotta put up two massive DVD racks, TV and stand, sofa, chair, table, coffee table, etc.

20. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Well moved in and am still setting up. Mostly it is getting DVDs put up. Got 75% of them up on the shelves.
    Kitchen is set up, bed room is set up (Clothes still need to be brought over and put away though), Furniture is set up. I was amazed. I actually got all my shelves and such in. Got all my TFs in totes stored in one closet. Yeah.. all those tubs fit nicely in one closet! I'll try to get pics later this week or next week.

Then comes the fun of picking which TFs to display. A little cramped here and there in some spots, but very nice. Only minor problem is that they are fixing the pool and it is kinda loud with them jack hammering most of the day. No biggie.