Moving to TX

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rumble02, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

as many of you know my father has alzhiemers, so my parents are moving to pampa texas, and my wife daughter and i are moving to Amarillo TX. if any of you are in those areas, get in touch with me, i dont know anyone around there and my wife and i would love to meet some new people.

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I've been to Pampa a couple of times. I hated it with a passion. There was pretty much nothing out there but dust and buildings made of aluminum siding. I'm sure Amarillo is much better.

3. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just got back from Borger TX near Pampa and I can agree with this statement.

4. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Never even heard of Pampa before, I've driven through Amarillo, but never stopped. It was an interesting looking town, I kind of wished I had the chance to stop and check some things out.

Be warned about the Panhandle though, weather and temperatures will change dramatically. Clear skies one minute, a severe thunderstorm the next. Sand storms one part of the year, snow storms the next. It's an interesting climate to live in for sure.

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

yeah im not very excited about the area