Moving TFs

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimus Kharnal, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

So I've been in my current Apt for 2.5 years and now it is time to move again.. I've established most of my collection in those last 2.5 years and now for the daunting task of repacking them in original boxes if I have them or just putting into regular boxes if I don't. its just incredible how much stuff I've accumulated and my collection isn't even that big compared to some on the board. Have y'all ever had to pack all for a move? any tips?

2. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

2 years ago--used newspaper around the really valuable stuff.went pretty well.most,being plastic,should be fine.tip: double-bag or -box them so no loose pieces get lost.

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you moving the stuff or are movers? If movers, you can do the bubble wrap thing but if you are moving, just don't throw the boxes around and they will be fine without padding since you will be moving them.

Just put them in normal boxes. I got a bunch of the priority boxes from the post office & just put them in there. I have them in robot mode and just stand them in the boxes. Put enough in so they don't shake around. This way, no weight is pushing on them since they are on their own feet. Never had any damage ot them.

4. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I always put mine back in their boxes, and the carded ones in ziplock freezer bags (the one with the slider on it). I've never lost a piece yet, even when I moved to Florida.

5. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

my thoughts exactly.

6. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I moved a little over a 1.5 years ago and for loose figures, I just lined the boxes with bubble wrap and padded the different layers with more bubblewrap, putting the heavier figures on the bottom. I also moved them myself (only about 15 miles) so I was somewhat more gentle with them than the movers would be.

For boxed and carded figures, I just put them in big boxes I got from work.

Im still amazed how much crap I had stored up in one 700 sqft apartment.

7. Zakna

Zakna Flames Fan! :)

shove em all in a box.. did this like 2 yrs ago

[​IMG]

:eek: 

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Fairly standard method:
    If it has its box, it goes in its box.
    Otherwise, it goes in the most compact mode with the least possibility of something breaking off.
    Easily broken parts and such should be packed away from the figure (Unicron's ring is making me cringe, Zakna)
    Wrap everything in newspaper. Bubble wrap is better, but due to price, go with newspaper. Plastic and brown-paper grocery bags also work.
    Heavy stuff on the bottom, light stuff on top.

Just a whole bunch of common sense. Anything post-RID should probably be OK in a box, though (with the exception of Alts and Reissues). Parts should probably be kept in a separate box, just so nothing gets lost.