Moving/Packing - Isn't it fun?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Network, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Network

Network Well-Known Member

Edit - Arrrggg I'm sorry I thought I was in the transformers general discussion not just general.

I'm finally moving out for the first time soon and in preparation I'm getting alllllll my stuff packed and sorted. I'm only tacking a core selection of figures (which includes lots more than just transformers) and everything else is getting stored.

However, the task is much harder than I initially thought. I'm pretty paranoid of my figures so each one is getting cleaned and dusted. After that, each one is transformed into it's alt mode, just cause it's easier to pack. There is the rare occasion where bot mode is the better one to pack though. Then individually wrapped and put in a box. Also every single accessory (things like missiles, guns, fins - anything that can detach) is put into a Tupperware container to keep em all together.

Those of you that have moved before, are you as paranoid as I am, or do you just toss em all in a Rubbermaid tub? I've paid a lot of money into this hobby, as most of you have too, and I don't want to just toss em around. I still have no clue as how to pack my Skyquake or TM Megatron T^T

2. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I'm close to your level. I've had to move many times. My sub is doing a change of home port soon so I'll be moving as well. I've put them all into tupperware, but I've wrapped each one in bubble wrap and made sure to fill in all the voids in the container with more bubble wrap, paper wads, or those air bladders. Everything is nice and snug and ready for the move. Now if science could just get hot on transporters getting to my new barracks would be a lot easier.

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Try a permanent move overseas. Everything needs to be consolidated because I may never be moving back. It sucks butt and I have 2 days left to do all this.

4. Network

Network Well-Known Member

I wish i could get my hands on bubble wrap actually. All i have is endless packing paper. filling in the empty space is definitely a concern of mine. Dad tells me to pack it right to the top buuuuuuut that a'int happening. other boxes are going on top and there needs to be room for compression D:

ouch! that really does suck. I hope it works out for you!

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I bought Rubbermaid tubs for the fragile/expensive stuff, the rest in cardboard boxes.

And I hate moving, we just moved in June (sold our house), it was the 7th time in 8 years, and the 8th time is coming soon!

2003 (september): from bachelor to appartment with my GF
    2004 (march): from Quebec to BC
    2005 (july): still in BC, to a bigger appartment
    2006 (october): back to Quebec with the in-laws
    2007 (january): to a new city when my wife got her new job
    2007 (june): our first house
    2011 (june): sold the house, back with the in-laws while we wait for the new house to be finished
    2011 (august or september): new house

I don't want to move again for at least 10 years!

6. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    Yeah I am moving end of Aug and my figures are going to be a pain to pack and move but I have to do it or loose them.