Moving is a pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OGoldwings, Jun 16, 2006.

1. OGoldwings

OGoldwings The Lost Little Autobot

So I am finding out the hard way what a pain it is to pack an autobot army. I am moving in a week (June 23, yay) and this is my first time moving out. I've got them all wrapped in newspaper and packed in their own boxes away from anything heavy. Some of the more fragile ones I will most likey pack in the car when I drive it up there with my birds.

Anyways, the mess to be packed:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v17/OGoldwings1/Room/

I even have more tfs since that has been taken. Also alot more Knight Rider models. ^^'

Edit: Actually there is alot missing just in general out of that picture, I think I have filled up five large boxes so far...still have a few more to go too.

I am going to drive my Jetta up, but the Firebird (KITT) will be put on a rented flatbed and towed, I fear that my 305 will not do well over Pacheco Pass. All this while looking for a job and I will be taking a much needed three day vacation Monday...I have not had a vacation in like years....;_;

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I usually try to transform as many of them that I can. Its easier to pack them if they're more compact. Also less likely to break, which is always good.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have so much random stuff I dread the eventual day I will have to pack up to move out of my crappy apt. Good luck on your trip!

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i just yell TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I just pay midgets to move stuff for me.

Preferably midgets with English accents.

6. OGoldwings

I should have done that...shit. :banghead:  We're not hiring anyone else to move our stuff...and everything is marked so we know what to be really careful with.

7. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    I usually transform the one I don't have boxes for also. It seems in vehicle mode they tend to stay together better, also get yourself some zip-lock freezer bags (gallon size), it will help keep everything together. I normally put 1-2 in each bag with their accesories, that way nothing gets lost.

Good Luck!

8. OGoldwings

Well I got about half of it packed now, can't beleive how bare my walls are now...its such a strange feeling after living 22 years in this room/house. Hopefully I will get it all done so that when I come back from my mini vacation I'll have time to work on KITT a tad.

9. Arcee

Arcee Optimus Scourge Forever TFW2005 Supporter

I hate moving. I stess over the thought of it. Then you think you can fit everything into a small space and you realize that you really need a bigger truck. :mad 

10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah Im just starting to go through that now. I just closed on my townhouse yesterday. Fortunately Ive got 6 weeks before Im out of my apartment so Ive got plenty of time to pack and move.

Good luck :thumb 

11. butz

butz slippery when wet

Heh, I got a house back in January and I still haven't gotten around to unpacking all the junk I brought over here (especially the stuff for my toy room).