Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A user.

2. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Blissed off his chonk, apparently.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Riddler

Riddler Soundwave superior, Autobots inferior.

You see, i dont know what that means either.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Backbeat

Backbeat Well-Known Member

It means crazier than a barrel full of terrorcons.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    A very unloved user who has seemingly fallen off the face of the boards for good, oddly enough.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

What'd he do?

7. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    By today’s standards Lockdown is actually a HUGE deluxe.
    He, TLK Hot Rod, & Ratchet are the biggest Deluxes of recent time and yet they barely come as tall as Sideways (an average sized Deluxe for his time).

It’s kinda sad to see we’re paying more for less plastic and paint.

• Like Like x 2
  8. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    He constantly filled the boards up with random people's pictures with no obvious sign it was from another source, the links with the photos not really clarifying that. Sometimes literal pages were just posts from him, each featuring probably a dozen images.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

Yeah I remember him now, good riddance. Let's back to positive stuff shall we?

With the earlier discussion in mind I started messing around with Brawl and I'm astounded that they jammed as much articulation as they did into such a weird, stocky, short and also lankey form.
    IMG_1011.JPG
    Brawl is a character that no matter which version should be a Voyager, his nature as a limb in G1 prevents that and his past figure suffered for it. This Brawl however radiates power and conveys his nature as an engine of destruction, no matter which universe he's from.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    Studio series Brawl as a figure is quite good, and he's loaded with some pretty good articulation which is a bit surprising.

Studio series Brawl:

IMG_20180725_182105.jpg
    IMG_20180728_122542.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  11. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    AOE was such a laughably bad toyline... :lol  figures that weren’t shellformers where made with large amounts of rubber.

G1= flatnose, movies=extended cab. Trying to go half and half just doesn’t work imo. The whole reason movie Optimus was an extended cab was so that he had enough mass for a sizable robot mode. (As a cab-over would just be too small).

• Like Like x 2
  12. ObakaChanTachi

News Credits:
    Evasion Prime would like to have a chat with you.
    But yeah most of the toys were legit garbage because of AOE’s over complicated aesthetic (very humanoid, almost no vehicle parts, lego-forming).

• Like Like x 4
  13. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

The lack of paint and weird colour choices didn't help. Those box sets were pretty cool though.

• Like Like x 2
  14. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 "Boy, you returned for me" - me when MPMs

News Credits:
    What sucks is this is an appreciation thread...and I agree with you 300%. Even though Age of Extinction is what I would say rebuilt my hype for the franchise taking a new direction, the movie didn't quite do it for me, and the toys dissipated a lot of interest (super tunnel vision just recalling being on this site when AOE Leader Class Optimus was revealed). I only picked up AOE High Octane BB and Crosshairs, and by all accounts High Octane is more of a DOTM reshell than a new figure, and Crosshairs was only purchased due to my newfound appreciation for the novelty of the trenchcoat wearing buckshot. Figure ultimately served the design not enough justice, with the bloated Corvette and lack of another gun

I recall attending Botcon 2014 of that year, and thinking the Autobots United 5-pack was an exclusive to the event of sorts. It was, as a relief, not the case, but also far too late to attract my interest once it actually did come out.

But you know what I didn't touch but totally rocked? The Takara Movie Advanced toyline series. Jolt, Dispensor, Darkside Soundwave, just to name a few look like friggin winners.

• Like Like x 3
  15. ObakaChanTachi

News Credits:
    I’ll let most of the color choices (Evasion, Dinobots, etc.) pass because their base colours were too monochromatic to attract kids. After all, Transformers’s target audience is children.

Hasbro clearly didn’t put as much care into this line as they did with ROTF (imo the quality dipped since DOTM and got worse ever since).
    Instead of improving for TLK, they half-assed it even further and completely fucked up Transformers’s public image.

Also, I find it ironic that AOE had no Robot Replica-style toys (non-transforming CGI accurate toys) despite their aesthetic being incredibly suit for it.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu Professional Chain Yanker TFW2005 Supporter

Hound was pretty dope. Lockdown had a cool alt. mode too.

Shame a vital leg screw for Hound broke after I unscrewed it. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  17. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 "Boy, you returned for me" - me when MPMs

News Credits:
    I think AOE was my first exposure to "toys designed before character designs were finalized". If any toyline suffered significantly from that, it was AOE

I feel almost like TLK skimped out on purpose to avoid dreaded cancelled figures. The DOTM debacle with Soundwave, Que, and Leadfoot still stings

• Like Like x 7
  18. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Well, now that we know Studio Series is going to keep going and we’ve seen some of the Bee stuff, I’ve really been itchin’ to get into it. All I have are Blackout and Stinger, and I had Bumblebee for a time until he broke.

I got the Vol.2 set on pre-order so I can get that glorious not-Goldbug. I think I want to pick up Lockdown, Jazz, Optimus and Brawl too. They all look great IMO, and I have fond memories of Brawl as a kid. I still have the leader class figure and I would play with that thing for hours as a kid.

EDIT: Beyond thosd three, I want to get DOTM Ratchet(wish he came with his saw), KSI Sentry(so sexy), Shadow Raider(SO SEXY), Dropkick, and Ironhide. I don’t think I’m going to be able to resist the rumored Bonecrusher and Shockwave coming nex year.

I just hope we get a SS Barricade based off of his Bee Movie design, and that we get a Hot Rod repaint of it like the Legends class figures. I really, really, like that design. Heres hoping we get a new Optimus and “Blitzwing” too for the movie, cause I’m buyin’ em.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

TLK was pretty bad, between the repaints, crap molds (Steelbane), weird exclusives (Cybertron), characters getting toys that shouldn't have toys while characters who deserved toys not getting any. The Cons were pretty great even though their ranks were shorted but that's the movie's fault more than anything.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Bringer of Sorrow

Bringer of Sorrow Well-Known Member

Found this hunter boi last night. Kinda weird shoulders and hips but it looks great just standing there. The only negatives I have is that now I kinda want the repaint just for the mask... Anybody interested on a decapitated drone? There's probably gonna be a lot of those on eBay anyway

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5