Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Riko is still Best Girl

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I won't go as far as to say RID is nothing but a dissapointment through. As someone who (Unironically) like some aspects of that show, the toyline did give us some pretty good Warrior class figures.

IMG_20181109_095355.jpg

Also, the Legion class figures from the toyline are also pretty well-done for the most part.

IMG_20181109_095333.jpg

Yes, I like some aspects of RID, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Well, that's just Prime...Oh yeees

You like what you like, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But for me, for them to go from Prime to RID, it was like when Teen Titans turned into Teen Titans Go. Granted, RID had better storylines than TTG, but it was very kiddish compared to the source material.

As far as the toys. RID had decent toys, but I personally passed on every single toy. I hold my toys to a certain standard, and having arms and hands covered in panels, hollow parts all over the toys, they just weren't my cup of tea.

But like I said, you like what you like, and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Like Like x 3
  3. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 Studio Series muscle car Dropkick = ESSENTIAL

News Credits:
    I'm gonna go left field and say if you want the MPM figure, go with the KO (Wei Jiang's LT-02 to be exact, not the other millions of upsized/modified ones there are). Challenger is downright amazing, but probably will not fit the 1st movie/trilogy aesthetic (you can request from users like @Lukelbs for comparison pics). I presume you do not own MPM-7 as of right now

Reasons for going with KO
    #1. KO tabs in better than the official versions at the front window/arms section. YMMV, but I've had this happen twice. The LT-02 has a redesigned smokestack hook that keeps everything nicely wrapped

#2. Better paint apps. Holy wowzers does this thing sparkle. It'll sparkle even more if you pick up the Mr. Bucket kit (MR01B for silver hands) complete with more weapon accessories

#3. Rubber wheels that don't feel like phonies = easy victory

Personally, the KO was practically perfect because I already liked the engineering and idea of MPM-4 and did not think it needed any more significant improvements, but thought that the figure wasn't represented to its full potential (tabbing issues, the roof hinges being installed backwards, crooked antenna, etc). The KO cleans up all of these issues for me, and seeing how it is a direct knockoff, my experience with the figure still feels the same as it would with the "actual product". Most problem you will encounter I think is the smokestacks not tabbing in for robot mode, though again, YMMV

Here's Benscollectables's review if you have any more inquiries

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 10:55 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  4. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The Diam0ndknyt3

The Diam0ndknyt3 Active Member

Instagram:
    Yes I agree with you as some of the toys I own from RID are pretty solid especially in 2016 and 2017. This is a bit off topic but do you recommend the Soundwave and Blurr? They are on clearance now and I'm not sure if they are worth it when siege and Studio series are coming out soon.

6. Scott8797

Scott8797 Well-Known Member

Ill have to check out the video and see if I like the size, I know a lot of time they make them way too big for my taste. And I do not have mpm 7, don’t plan on getting that one cause I love the original mpm bee. I do have ironhide on preorder though so I can’t wait for that. But I appreciate your insight I will look into the ko and check it out. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 6:37 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Lockon Prime

My wife owns Soundwave, and he's pretty decent. I can't comment on Blurr though, as no one in my house owns him

8. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Guys I got Siege Optimus and he's a super solid and fun figure but I just don't think I can go back to G1 stuff after living in the movieverse for so long. He feels so.... simple and cartoony. Makes me feel childish and not in a good way (cause I fucking love toys I would never look down on something for being childish). I think I'm ruined on G1 stuff forever. I love the details and interesting and weird look of the movieverse stuff too much to go back to the blocky and simple designs of the cartoons. Like I said, Siege Optimus is a very solid figure with a cool alt mode and he's VERY posable and he will be my go-to "classics" OP but I just feel let down for some reason. The creativity of the movie designs never makes me feel this way.

How do you guys feel about this? Since you're in this thread you clearly like movie figures, but do you collect other lines as well? Are you only into movie designs?

• Like Like x 11
  9. Lockon Prime

I agree with you 100%!! I had budgeted for all these figures, but after watching one review after another on Prime, I changed my mind on all of them.

I personally need more streamlined looking bots. I love a transformation that leaves you wondering how they managed to fit the robot into a smaller alt mode. And while I was pretty impressed with Prime's transformation, it just doesn't do that for me.

• Like Like x 2
  10. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

So, any word of a studio series car mode dropkick?

11. Gallade

Gallade Active Member

News Credits:
    Nope.

12. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is exactly how I feel. Every time we have a gap in SS releases I dabble in POTP or TR and I end up regretting my purchases. I love how unique the movie designs are and honestly I'm a bit over the constant G1 rehashes from the last few years.

• Like Like x 4
  13. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi i’m in love with my car

I only collect movie toys because that’s what I grew up with and because I don’t have enough money for investing in other series, even outside of Transformers whoops :oops: 

Anyway I think you shouldn’t feel bad for liking G1 because it’s “childish”. Childishness is subjective. What person X says is childish is completely normal for person Y. And in this case, there is an entire community of person Ys, millions around the world, in fact, who band together to discuss and share their love for a cartoon from the 80s they all grew up with.

While I can’t guarantee that people won’t judge you for liking something, just let those who do fuck off. Don’t antagonise them, just ask them respect your hobby and go on. If they can’t then they aren’t worth being around.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    All of the deluxes for ss have been leaked
    Maybe 2020

15. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Aspie :)

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Tumblr:
    Not yet. This will probably be like what happened with the Wreckers, where we got only two of them in their "stealth force" modes.

16. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Yeah same. Recently I’ve turned to getting older movie figures over newer G1 stuff but I’ve decided to not even do that anymore. I’m glad that third party has finally turned towards the movie designs cause that will help fill in the gaps for studio series.

I just can’t help but feel super duper bored with G1 and seeing all these “new” lines with “new” concepts like headmasters and stuff basically just turn into G1 over and over.
    Maybe “childish” wasn’t the right word, cause I know when you are into nerdy stuff that word can be a trigger. I’m not worried about what other people think at all, it’s just how I feel inside. When I look at my siege Optimus I don’t get the feeling that I bought something that satisfies the adult collector in me.

The reason why I love studio series so much is the accuracy and unique designs satisfy the adult collector in me and the posability and FUN factor satisfies the kid collector in me.

• Like Like x 2
  17. zzzyen

zzzyen Active Member

9A821DB6-5F94-4A39-A3F5-DF3F2F119AAF.jpeg KSI bots. Officially ran out of shelf space..

• Like Like x 16
  18. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This pic looked better in my head when I was planning it out than the actual execution of it
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  19. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 Studio Series muscle car Dropkick = ESSENTIAL

News Credits:
    did you lose your train of thought?

• Like Like x 12
  20. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi i’m in love with my car

KSI sentry looks good for a repaint, so good... ahhhhhh, I feel tempted...