[Movieverse] Life Flashing

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by 0JazzMeister0, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    anymore coming?

2. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Yes, actually... I just finished writing Chapter 9. Typing it soon, so watch this space, it should be up in a few hours.

Terribly sorry for the delay, been swamped with real-life stuff the whole of Dec, what with Christmas, choir, cosplay, internship, New Years, etc etc...

But I've started to pick up my ficcing again... so here goes nothing...

3. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    As promised, Chapter 9
    ------------------

I looked at Ratchet. No two ways about it, with Megatron here and Optimus still missing we were all – as the humans so nicely put it – sitting ducks. If we didn’t do something, he’d blow us all to the Pit and Earth would be doomed. The soldiers, the children, Bumblebee – they’d all be killed if no one did anything to stall Megatron now and keep his attention away from the Allspark; and there was no way in the Pit I was letting that monster near my little buddy again. Ratchet looked back at me.

“Jazz, don’t you even think it!” he snapped in Cybertronian. “Prime ordered us not to face him!”

“Well Optimus ain’t here now, is he?! You may as well just hand Megatron the Allspark then,” I shot back.

“We’ll find another way to stall him till Prime arrives.”

“We don’t even know if he’s functional. We’re gonna have to assume the worst, ‘cause we’re out of time.”

“He’ll kill you, Jazz.”

“Then find a way to bring me back! For now, just get Bee, the kids and the Allspark outta here!”

“Jazz…”

“That’s an order! Go, now! Cover the soldiers and fall back immediately!” At the same time I shouted in English to the humans. “It’s Megatron, retreat! Move!”

“Fall back!” Ratchet yelled, herding the humans away.

I was glad he finally gave in. If I’d spent any longer trying to convince him, I don’t think I could have gone through with it. Even now I fought the urge to turn and run with them. Optimus was right, he would destroy me, but I had to try anyway.

I glanced back to see how the retreat was faring, and when I looked around again Megatron was there – right in front of me. Well, no turning back now, it was all or nothing. I brought my gun up and fired, hoping I nailed a few areas that would give him trouble later, even if I couldn’t bring him down, but the fragger had that fusion cannon of his and that sucker packed a punch.

Next thing I knew I was flying through the air, and hit the dirt face-first a few feet away. The force-field had barely held, protecting vitals, paint-job be damned. I could feel my armor melting on me as I tried to get up, fusing to various parts underneath, and the pain was unbelievable. My survival instincts screamed at me to stay down and play dead and then maybe he’d leave me alone, but since when had I taken survival into this crazy one-mech stalling mission? I couldn’t fall, not yet anyway. Too many were counting on me.

So this was it, then…

I kept them alive, Optimus, the rest is up to you, now. Wherever you are, you’d better get here fast. I’m not gonna last much longer and someone’s gotta protect them when I’m gone. I still think you were wrong for leaving Bee back on the bridge, and you’re still an idiot if you think sacrificing yourself is gonna stop Megatron – that’s for mechs like me to do… But you’ve been a good leader overall. Don’t take my death personally, s’not your fault. I did what had to be done. Been an honor serving you, sir.

Don’t beat yourself up about this Ratchet. I gave you an order, and I out-rank you. I know I said find a way to bring me back, but don’t work yourself into the ground over it. Fix the ones you can save first – like Bee, he needs you more. Take good care of ‘em all for me, Doc; don’t let ‘em mourn too much. They gotta move on, and you gotta help ‘em, heal ‘em. I know you’re tougher than you look, it’s time they realized it, too. Thanks for all those patch-jobs. I’m sorry I had to be the one you couldn’t save.

Ironhide, you gave me so many invaluable lessons back at the Academy that I know I’d have never learned anywhere else, like there’s nothing stupid about taking hits for the ones you care about. I didn’t mean to be such a hellion back then. No… that’s not true – I did; and here I am about to put you through slag again, but I know you’ll be strong. You have to be strong. They’ll need you when I’m gone. Ratch’ll need you to tell him to take a break, Bee’ll need you to help him get his strength back, and Optimus… he’ll need you to club him over the head and tell him what happened to me was not his fault. I chose this, make him see that. Guard them well, old friend.

Sam, Mikaela, I’m sorry you wont get to know me. I’m more sorry that I wont get to know you or your beautiful planet. We involved you in our war and wrecked your world. I can only promise that if the Decepticons are defeated, the others will find a way to help you out. Sorry fer callin’ ya bitches back there. Take care of Bumblebee for me – he’s gonna need some good friends to help him through what’s coming next.

I’m sorry, Bumblebee. Looks like I’m letting you down again. Please don’t hate me for doing this, it’s the only way I know to keep you safe. You were my responsibility, I hope you understand. I know this is going to be hard for you, and I wont ask you not to mourn, but don’t overdo it. I’m all for living life to the fullest – you do that for me now. Go do all the things I would do and even the stuff I wouldn’t. Y’ain’t alone, li’l Bee, you’ve got the kids now. Throw a party for me, play music loud enough for Ironhide to threaten you with dismemberment, and ask the kids to teach you to dance. You’re gonna be fine, buddy. I’m so proud of you.

“Jazz!”

I’d somehow managed to get back on my feet again while I ran all those goodbyes through my processor and stored them in my memory for Ratchet to recover later. Ratchet himself was now much farther down the street, and was staring horrified at my condition, even as Megatron loomed towards me.

“Just GO!” I snarled. “Save the kids!”

It must have been hard for him to do what he did. I can't even begin to imagine the conflict that had to be going on in his head – his logical side knowing he had others to protect versus his medic’s oath to heal. In the end though, logic won out and he fled. Good. Optimus couldn’t blame me for getting anyone killed. I set my feet – for all the good it would do – and fired at Megatron, trying again to strike between his armor plating. I think it just pissed him off.

“Out of my way, insect,” he growled.

Oh, now that was just low. “Insect, eh? Taken a look at y’self lately, huh ugly? What chewed you up and spat ya out, bitch?”

He swiped at me and I dodged on instinct, but that cursed pain must have dulled my reflexes somehow because I moved a second too late. He missed knocking my head from my shoulders, but those pit-spawned claws caught me across the shoulder and chest, leaving some pretty deep furrows. I lashed back with my own clawed hands at the same time and left a few gouges that squirted burning fluid from them.

I dropped to a knee. “That the best ya got?! Pathetic! I’m still standin’, c’mon!”

He ignored me and started towards the others again. No! I couldn’t allow that. I had to stall him as long as I could, but short of jumping on his back and swatting him about the head… wait a tic, I still had my magnetics! It would drain the slag out of me, but what the frag did I care?!

I picked up the nearest wrecked car and hurled it at him. It hit him behind the knees and he stumbled. He turned around with a snarl as I staggered back up to both feet.

“See? Still standin’, ya crazy punk!”

I tossed another car at him that he sliced in half, and a few more for good measure that went the same way. I thought about using a bigger vehicle, but knew that would drain too much from me, and I had to keep going for as long as possible. Another pulse from his cannon just missed me and the force-field flickered. It couldn’t keep taking this kind of abuse.

His mace struck me square in the torso and sent me flying back, and it was only the failing force-field and my magnetics that saved me from deactivation right there. As I hit the ground again, I managed to pick up a rather large van and let it fly at him, actually connecting with his chest.

My body called me seven different kinds of idiot as I crawled towards him. He kept looking back in the direction of the others and it scared me more than anything he could do to me. When he tried to turn I caught him in a magnetic field, shutting down all other unneeded systems to direct power to the net, but I knew even that wouldn’t hold forever. He was just too big, and I, too weak. I was nothing more than a turbofly to him.

But even a turbofly had a sting.

“Tell me why I should put you out of your misery, insect,” he growled. “Answer me well and maybe I’ll even make it painless.” He resumed stalking towards me, pushing against the field.

“I’m an insect?” I couldn’t help myself. “I ain’t the one who got stuck in the ice and experimented on by a buncha organics no bigger than m’finger.” I think humans called it gallows humor. “For over a century, no less, not countin’ the time ya spent nappin’. Some ‘Con overlord you turned out t’be.” Though it probably wasn’t too smart of me t’slag ‘im off. “Punk.” I blamed it on too many blows to the CPU.

He charged. I had just enough juice left in my magnetics to swing myself over and onto his back. Caution be fragged, I was beyond it now. I pounded on his armor in the hopes that I could break through enough to rip out a few wires and cables before he killed me. He transformed and took to the air, and I clung on as he tried to shake me off. I had to stay on, the others weren’t ready yet.

Then, somewhere beyond the sound of Megatron’s roar, and the noise of the chaos on the streets, my scanners picked up a blip – a very familiar blip. About time he got here. I smiled a little. This could all end now.

That moment of distraction was all Megatron needed to toss me off his back. I slammed into a building just as his foot came down on me. The force-field shattered and I could feel lines and systems rupturing. I used the last remaining dredges of my magnetic field to repel that chunk of metal off me and crawl out, clawing my way up his leg.

“Come here, cretin,” he snarled and grabbed me by my leg.

I fired the last of my weapons’ rounds at him. “You want a piece of me?!” I yelled. “You wanna piece?!”

Static started making my vision hazy. I couldn’t make out what was in front of me, let alone what he was saying. The blip grew stronger, even as I felt cables snap and metal buckle and rip along my torso. The pain was off the charts, but yet I choked out a laugh as I said to him in Cybertronian.

“You stupid fragger. You’ll burn in the Pit before the day is over, bitch… And an insect will send you there.”

The others would live, I could feel it in my spark. Optimus was almost here, which meant I could let go now. They would live, and I could rest peacefully knowing that.

It was over…

I was over.

------------------------------

One more to go...

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love your writing

5. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fantastic. Love all the insults.

6. jazz_00

jazz_00 legen wait 4 it dary

im back!!! time to get some drawing done agtain. love it fellow jazz

7. FireStar 2007

FireStar 2007 Active Member

please more

please please write more i love how you done that from jazz's point of view.

i would love to see it from ther other point of view from the autobots

it's wicked cool and very funny love how the jazz does his relationship with sam girl

keep it up that would make an awsome moive

8. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

Jazz! NOOO...!!!!

Loved the goodbye sequence. Sarcastic to te very end C:<

9. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Aahhh this is done at last! I feel all accomplished now, like yay! To all who've followed this story, hope it's helped deepen Movie Jazz's character beyond the few moments Michael Bay gave him on-screen; and thanks for sticking with it. Will there be a sequel? Maaaaaaaaybe.

---------------------------------------------

The pain stops just like that. I’m not sure where I am, but it feels comfortable. It feels like I’m floating and yet solid in a way though I can't see anything – nothing with my optics anyway. I’m not too sure what to make of all this. I mean, the last thing I remember was dying. I sense a shift and then I hear voices – distant voices as if carried to me on a wind from a world away… but there’s no wind here. None that I can feel at least.

“One shall stand, one shall fall.”

“No Sam!”

“You left me no choice.”

“We couldn’t save him.”

“Lost a good comrade.”

“I wish to stay with the boy.”

“No sacrifice, no victory.”

“I ordered him not to do it, and then I left him with no other choice. I was too late. Failed him.”

No, I say, you didn’t fail me. I made that choice on my own. I knew what I was doing.

“I’ve fixed his structural damage, but without his spark, I can't bring him back.”

“Then you’ve done all you can. Get some rest, Ratchet. There’s still Bumblebee who needs you, and Prime. Jazz is dead, leave him be.”

“I saved his memory component.”

“We’ll listen to it later. Rest first.”

I only wish I could make him hear me. I don’t think you’re meant to save me this time. I hear one of the children crying – Mikaela I think – and I feel a sense of pity for them. Please don’t cry. If only there was some way I could comfort them. I hear a sad keening and know it’s Bumblebee. There’s a tingle that runs over my consciousness – the closest thing to pain on this level I suppose – when I hear it.

I want to tell them I’m alright here, please don’t worry about me. You all have your own lives to continue living, so don’t let what I did be for nothing, go live!

“They will heal with time.”

That voice is new. I hear it not only from the outside, but within me as well. It seems familiar, and yet I don’t think I’ve heard it anywhere else before.

“Who are you?” I ask. “I didn’t think there was anyone else around here.”

“I am everywhere… and you know me.”

I hear Sam’s voice.

“Bumblebee, it’ll be okay.”

“He was my best friend, Sam.”

“Yeah, and it’s okay to miss him, but you heard what he said. He wants you to celebrate his life, not mourn his death.”

“I don’t think I’m ready for that yet.”

“Not now maybe, but you will be.”

The voices, everything, start to fade. I feel my consciousness start to go with it, but I don’t want to go yet. I want to make sure they’ll all still be okay when I’m gone. That’s why I did this in the first place, so that they’ll have a second chance to make things right.

“It’s up to them now, Autobot Jazz. Your task is finished.”

“I’m not leaving until I know they’ll be alright.”

“That is also not up to you to decide.”

I can still hear Ironhide’s cannons booming in the distance. He’s shooting at something and I want to know what it is. Did I leave too soon? What if there are others still out there? They need me.

I hear something like a sigh.

“You’re a stubborn one aren't you?”

“You bet your insubstantial aft I am.”

“But the path you chose cannot be reversed by me. You can't walk on that plane now.”

“Just tell me they’ll be okay, and I’ll shut it an’ go with ya.”

“Neither can they be forced onto a particular train of thought. That is why you have free will, to make your own choices.”

“I could choose to stay here and keep an optic on ‘em.”

“Only, once you die, that choice is not longer up to you, or to me. This place is one of transition. I am here to guide you on. no one can stay here however much they may want to.”

I’m barely listening, instead, trying to focus on Ironhide. Damn my insatiable curiosity, but I have to know just what the frag is going on.

“Ironhide, enough. You’re wearing out your cannons.”

“I should have hauled that piece of scrap away by the horns on his head, Ratchet!”

“I know, old friend. I should have done the same, but it’s too late now. Leave him be.”

“It should have been me. He was still young!”

“Don’t you DARE go down that road. I get enough of the self-pity from Prime.”

“I thought I beat it out of him.”

“Not enough apparently. He still thinks he got there too late to save Jazz.”

“Fine, I’ll go beat some more out of him. Wanna help?”

“Gladly. Someone needs to make sure you do it right.”

I feel the other presence growing a little impatient. “Is that enough for you?”

“One more?”

“The others were not half as troublesome as you.”

“Not my fault. It’s how you made me.”

“Don’t make me regret it.”

“You’re a supreme being, you should be more patient than this.”

“Too much vocalizer, too.”

“Again, your fault, not mine.”

“One more, and then we leave.”

“Deal. Y’take requests?”

I hear a bit of a growl before it’s drowned out by Bee’s and the children’s voices. Ah yes, this is what I want to hear. Bee’s voice sounds slightly stronger now. It’s good he’s healing. I realize I’m going to miss that little yellow bot. All the slag we did together and the pranks we played. I hope he keeps those memories even if I may lose them after this.

“We buried Jazz on the hilltop,” Mikaela was saying. “Since he said he quite liked Earth and all, we followed human custom.”

“That is good. I think he would like that better than being blasted into space,”
    Bumblebee replies.

Damn right I would. I’m tired of drifting in space.

“We’re lucky Secretary Keller managed to pull some strings in the government and let us claim Jazz’s body,” I hear Optimus say. “Or I fear he would have been disposed of like the Decepticons.”

“But you wouldn’t have allowed that!”
    Sam says.

“I would have opposed it very strongly.”

“Who came?”
    Bee asks quietly.

“Everyone who knew about you guys,” Mikaela replies. “He got full military honors eventhough we had to keep it low-key.” Her voice shakes a bit. “He got this, too… here, you should keep it.”

“I don’t understand.”

“It’s another Earth custom,"
    Sam explains. “Well, military custom. Jazz died in the line of duty, to protect this world from hostile forces. The flag says that we respect that and honor what he did.”

“You were closest to him. It’s only right you keep it, Bumblebee.”

“Yes, sir. I’ll keep it safe.”

I hear him sigh, but not as heavily as the last time.

And again the voices start to fade. Guess I can't really ask for anymore. Don’t want to slag off a higher being and all that, ‘cause I really don’t want to be dumped where Megatron and the lot ended up. So I start to let myself drift.

“Finally ready to go?” the voice asks me.

“Yeah. I’ll just have to trust that they’ll all be okay.”

“They managed before you came to them, they’ll manage now that you are no more.”

“Not one to fluff an ego, are you?”

“Not particularly.”

“So, where’re we going?”

“Somewhere you can rest after all your toils.”

“They have free wax-jobs there?”

“Now I understand why some of your comrades have threatened to send you to me before your time.”

“They love me, really.”

“So I have noticed.”

“Love ‘em all, too.”

“I am aware. Else you would not have chosen to make that ultimate sacrifice for them.”

I pause for a moment to let that digest, but only for a moment.

“So… where’re we going?”

“To put it quite simply, Autobot Jazz, a divine realm. Humans would call it Heaven, Cybertronians, the Well of Allsparks.”

“Oh… sounds nice. What’s in Heaven?”

“Peace.”

Somehow, I can feel it as he says it. I know I’ve crossed into something that… I can't explain. It just feels as if there’s nothing wrong anymore. No more worrying, or pain, or fear. Just a soothing, healing calm.

“I think I like that,” I say.

“I thought you would, for this is where your journey ends.”

“Thanks, Primus.”

“Rest in peace, Autobot Jazz.”

~END.

10. ironkaty

ironkaty mystery warrior

that was a nice ending for jazz peace at last i will miss jazz but he fought like a turn autobot