Minor/Repaint: Movieverse Insecticons Kickback & Shrapnel (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by 12bulkhead, Oct 11, 2011.

1. 12bulkhead

12bulkhead Artist

The Kickback's completed; the Shrapnel isn't. I tried to keep as TV-accurate as possible with the paintjobs. I just reattached Kickback's left door, don't worry.

I've been aching to execute the idea for months now and, after much debating, I've decided to use a TF1 Bonecrusher. He looks like a bug, doesn't he? He probably hates bugs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

I always thought of Sideways as Kickback.

The paint seems ...splotchy and unclean. Is this done on purpose? Because if so, it looks bloody great.

3. 12bulkhead

12bulkhead Artist

Aaaaawwwwwwwwwww...

Let's see your customs.

4. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

I didn't say anything bad, did I? I've been trying to customize this damn Gairyuki Zoid for almost 7 years now. Spraypainted the undercarriage, handpainted the CSA VERY uber carefully, but these pieces are bigger than a TF's separate pieces. I can't imagine myself handpainting anything with testors or anything on a TF. The results would be too splotchy and thick. I've heard thinners work wonders.

Also, insecticons are supposed to look poisonous. If anything they look realistic. The paint effects look great.

5. C2567

C2567 Well-Known Member

the paint slop on the windows does look bad. maybe you should touch those up? nice ideas tho :) 

6. azdragon58

azdragon58 Well-Known Member

I agree nice idea on the characters... Paint job does need a lot of work...

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I like these guys... I've been working on a similar "buggy Bayformer/Insecticon" project, though I ended up working with different molds.

If you're using Crankcase as Shrapnel, I'd cut down or swap his head, since it's the part that feels less "Shrapnel" like to me (in terms of general shape)... and maybe some antenna-like protrusions on Kickback's head.

For Bombshell, I'll just throw out the HFTD Brawn mold... he's got that sort of recessed head, and the cannon on top can fold over his head in robot mode, just like G1 Bombshell. :) 

I agree that the paint applications are sort of rough, but at the same time, the style of them really works, giving them a more "organic" weathered look.

zmog

8. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Always like seeing movie style insecticons. The colors look great but the paint seem a little thick though.