Movieverse figures AFTER TF3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dinobot747, Dec 4, 2010.

?

Do you think Hasbro will continue making movie figures after DOTM is completed?

1. YES, I sure hope so!

29 vote(s)
    45.3%
  2. Yes, but I hope they don't

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. No, but I hope they will

9 vote(s)
    14.1%
  4. No, and I hope they don't

15 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Do you think Hasbro will continue to make movie-verse figures after the live-action movie trilogy is completed? I, for one, hope so, as the movies are what got me into TFs in the first place, and I love their look. What do you guys think?

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Probably hybrids like in HFTD. It's obvious that the movies have had an impact on TF designs. Just look at Prime.

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    No :( .....But i hope they make Moar!!!

4. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

I hope yes... I mean It's cool to have some figures that aren't 100% "box-like arms/legs"

5. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    yes in a uni 4.0 line if it happens

6. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I think they'll make them for about a year afterwards, but I honestly hope they stop after that. I LOVE the movie figures, but I ALSO love classics, G1, Animated, Prime, etc. and things like movie figures are getting in the way of those at the moment. I think they would've been able to release Prime toys beside TF3 toys if they stick to only characters in the movie, not random ones that don't make an appearance in any TF media. :2c: 

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Why is there no option for "Yes, but don't mind if they don't?", becuase that's what I'm kind of thinking. I wouldn't outright boo Hasbro for releasing them, but if there were no more movie toys I wouldn't be mad about that either. I answered the first option because I'm more towards actually wanting more movie characters in later lines.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    If that's the only way we're going to get Scapper, Hightower, and Overload, I say yes.

9. spamo123

spamo123 Artist. Contact me.

The toys are good and all but I do need a break from them. We have had them for three years now. Its time for a change of pace. On to newer and better!

10. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Probably.... at least for a little bit. But I hope not. I'm SOOO tired of the movie stuff. I liked it at first, but it all got VERY old VERY fast.

11. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I refuse to vote because not all of the stuff from movieverse has been bad. There have been some cool figures and some cool things have come from the movieverse. I would love to see the continuation of some things such the automorph and some of the mechalive. The other thing i like is the more organic look of some. I would love to see that to continue to be incorporated to a degree some of the new HFTD figures. So i am kind of in between i like some aspects of the movieverse i want to see stay and the rest i dont care much about.

The bad of movie figures chicken legs i mean wtf there. Floppy figures due to attempts at screen accuracy for designs of characters that were created without considering they would be made into toys. Movieverse Megatron designs. I know a real gun alt mode wont fly but what we got was bad.

And one more good thing from movie verse Scout class figures.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  12. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

I liked my favourite characters to be re-imagined into movie-style guys. There's just a lot they can do to create homages, like badass Lockdown.

Legacy of Bayformers?

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't want the look to dissapear completely, but once the movies go I don't think we need movie-style figures to stay. Other styles can be explored at that point. Hopefully TF: Prime will still be around then, and that's good enough. (I am assuming that by then we'll have deffinative versions of all movie characters to keep us content :D )

14. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

I prefer if there is a nice gap and hasbro issues 10th anv. Redux. New sculpts of the biggest characters with all the future tech and design.

15. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I only buy movie toys to save money.
    I am still waiting for the TF2 constructicons to be completed with Scrapper, Hightower and Overload.
    I would also like to have a Leader Fallen.
    I try to avoid buying Generations or Animated or Prime toys which usually have cartoony faces.

16. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about the I don't care unless we get TF 4 option (and it certainly could happen- whether or not bay's involved).

I like a fair amount of the actual movie designs (especially when they get really nice toys- which doesn't happen half the time), but have generally not been anywhere near as fond of the movie inspired designs. They never seem quite the same for some reason- and their tendency not to use licensed vehicles doesn't help either.

17. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Once the movie line ends I hope not. But I wouldn't be surprised to see something like anniversary releases or something. Hopefully they can do what tehy want to do with the movie line (however long that'll be) and then get back to other bussiness.

18. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

They're hardly re-making the BW or UT figures, so I don't think so, but it'll be nice to have Scrapper, Overload or Hightower, or an improved Blackout or Bonecrusher.

19. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I'm sure we'll be swimming in repaint waves for a long time. I'd rather not have more movie stuff after the dotm stuff comes out.

20. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This! . I mean no offense to those love the movie aesthetic but i am over it and ready for the next new thing.