Movieverse collectors who DO NOT collect Human Alliance?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by stepsongrapes, Jan 24, 2011.

1. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

In a lot of threads, I see people mention that they don't buy HA.

I always wonder if these are people who don't collect movieverse at all, or if they do collect movieverse, but not HA. If you don't collect movieverse, I get skipping HA. But for those who skip HA but buy other movieverse figures, what's your reasoning?

Personally, I think that the HA without a doubt, are the best of the movieverse bots, by far. Even sad Sideswipe is really only bad when compared with the other HA. Barricade, Jazz, and BB are extrodinary and Mudflap and Skids are pretty good.

So, anyone have any particular reasons why they don't like HA in particular, other than a general aversion to the movieverse?

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i don't collect movieverse, but still buy ha, (except herp and derp, they can stay on the shelves)

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love HAs, and have them displayed with other movie toys, but I have to admit I would prefer hypothetical Deluxe figures of similar quality. I like the human figures themselves and I like many of the flip-out weapons and features, but I just don't pick up and play with them THAT much. They are juuuust too complex to want to transform all the time and take advantage of all the play features. Conversely, the features inhibit the "holy grails" of accuracy and posability.

They also play havoc with the scale of my movie display. I don't have enough HAs to give them a display of their own, and don't really want to besides.

4. stepsongrapes

Interesting. I find that the HA's (other than Sideswipe) are some of the most posable of the movie bots.

On accuracy, I really have no complaints other than Sidewipe's waist (major), BB's seat-on-arms (minor) and Skid's door wings (minor). I find it remarkable just how little the seatable cabin actually affects the bot modes.

5. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I collect movieverse figures but not the HA.

The reasons are simple: excepted for Barricade and Jazz, they just don't look good IMO and are less accurate than their Deluxe versions. Plus, when it's possible, I like to keep my collection in scale so Deluxes are better for that.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I buy all the HA. Sideswipe's terrible but at least he can stand. And if you do his mod, he actually looks pretty badass.

7. fa11enwing

fa11enwing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I collect movieverse but not HA simply because of space and $$ (I do want HA given to me as a present though) :D 

Just limiting my purchases so I have money for other things.

8. stepsongrapes

Scale is an interesting topic with respect to deluxes. While all the deluxes on your shelf are generally at the same height, they are certainly not in scale, if we take on-screen bot size into account.

Scale is, in fact, one of the reasons I like the HA's. It's cool to see Barricade standing next to Jazz or Skids and see just how much bigger he is. In deluxes, everyone is just roughly equal in height (or at least weight of plastic).

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would say the biggest issue after price ($50 in Canada) would be scale. HA Bumblebee is almost as tall as leader Prime.

Personally when I collected movie toys I got them all.

10. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Human Alliance figures = Autobots....

and the Autobots are often already oversized in the Deluxe & Voyager class, compared to DLX & VYGR class Decepticons.

11. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not THAT much into scale. :p  What I wanted to say is that I like my Bumblebee not to be as tall than Ironhide. I don't really care for perfect scale since it will always be impossible to achieve, what I like is just keeping the really bigger ones bigger than the really small ones. But I do admit that I'm perfectly okay with Bumblebee, Barricade, Jazz and the twins having similar height.

Anyway, HA car robots are absolutely not more in scale with each other than Deluxes are, they just have different scale issues, that doesn't mean less or more in scale.

12. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to disagree, at least on Barricade and Bumblebee. They look really nice but their arms are a little disappointing when it comes to posing. Also, their waists are both quite bizarre.

This isn't so true of Jazz, he's pretty much excellent all around (you will not read a bad review of him ANYWHERE, even from a movie-hater, lol). About the only really silly thing on him are foot-seats but folded up you'd never know they are there.

13. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I collect movieverse but not HA. I was going to at first since I am a fan of Alternators but for some reason I was turned off. I just didn't like the aesthetic for some reason. I think it is a combination of having the regular figures all in a closer scale; I didn't really like how the humans ended up looking; and the fact that I was satisfied with the mainline toy releases of the figures that I didn't need to get another version of said vehicle.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I collect movie verse but not HA ( or at least not to this point) mainly due to several factors:

1. cost I collect on a tighter budget than some ( perhaps most) so I must be cost conscious in the figures i buy.

2. character overlap : I try not to get more than one figure of a character from a single series. so with factor #1 its usually usually the deluxe class figures of the ones represented in the HA line to this point. ( meaning have it retail)

3. the extra features to extra cost ratio : for me at least the HA figures just don't have the right stuff to warrant the upgrade in price from other class(es). The extra weapons in bot mode are nice but not screen accurate, the human figures almost seem like after thoughts. the only HA figure who has something i like is HA Jazz with the Motorcycle Gun.

all that said I may pick up one or more of the upcoming HA Basics or what ever they will end up being called but i may wait for a review.

15. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i have a full run of movie-verse toys for my son, i had already bought most of them when human alliance came out. im not rebuying the same figures, so we'll just stick with deluxe, voyager and leader classes.

i dont buy him scouts either, although he got a wheelie legends cause it fits... and i got 4 ravage legends for my cobra troops to use. : )

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That's only at TRU but yeah it is a ripoff.

I only own 2, HA BB and Skids, the latter is still MIB.

They just don't appeal to me at all.

17. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I don't have any yet because only Barricade and Jazz are interesting to me, and since they're not available in stores here, I'd have to import them or order them from a webstore. Either way I'm looking at 50 euros per figure, and whether they're worth THAT much...Eeeh. I'll try and get them some day though when I see them for a far more reasonable price, and hopefully the TF3 HA will be sold here.

18. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not even close. He's about 2/3 the height. Too tall, yes, but not actually anywhere near Prime's size.

19. Cliffbee

Cliffbee Well-Known Member

I like HA toys. I dislike most other movie toys. So far all of the DOTM toys look like crap, so I don't expect to buy many more movie toys in the near future.

20. longhorn35

longhorn35 40 Something Fan

didnt get into the HA until recently... picked up all of them to add to the collection...
    HA BB
    HA Sideswipe
    HA Skidz
    HA Mudlfap
    HA Barricade
    HA Shadowblade Sideswipe
    HA Jazz