2D Artwork: Movieverse Alpha Trion and Sentinel Prime (not mine)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by TylerMirage, Aug 2, 2012.

1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    *Let it first be noted that this is not my art. All credit goes to darefi on DeviantArt (darefi on deviantART). I'm sorry if this goes against the rules of posting fan-art since it's not something I created, but I really wanted to share this.

Here the artist has drawn Alpha Trion in movieverse aesthetic. And I ABSOLUTELY love it! :D  When designs of Sentinel Prime first came around, I felt that he was the "missing link" (in terms of designs) that bridged the gap between the likes of the very alien and organic Ancient Primes and the modern bots like Optimus. Well here, Alpha Trion seems to be the design that bridges the gap between the Ancient Primes and Sentinel (Ancient Primes --> Alpha Trion --> Sentinel Prime --> Optimus Prime). He's got the bigger, angled-pieces arms of the Ancient Primes, but the less alien face, similar to Sentinel. He's got similar shoulder epaulettes and the "collar" as Sentinel. It really feels to me that Alpha Trion is to Sentinel as Sentinel is to Optimus, the older and wiser robot that would've taught Sentinel Prime.

I'm honestly in love with that design. And if it weren't for the fact that if Alpha Trion were in the movies it might feel like a rehashed Sentinel story (depending on what they did, I guess), I would love for AT to be in TF4. That design is a great balance of alien, solid and complexity.

Attached Files:

2. Slipstreamer 8

Slipstreamer 8 Well-Known Member

Wow

3. SwerveGears

SwerveGears The King of Victory

News Credits:
    Forgive me for being a nerd, but Alpha Trion is an Ancient Prime. But this design is cool, no matter how many continuity :bay 's it causes me.

4. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    That's absolutely amazing.

5. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    When I say "Ancient Prime" I mean one of the original seven from RotF. You know, with design like The Fallen; giant egyptian-esque head piece and whatnot. Of which Alpha Trion is not one of the original seven.

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TM...If you know the artist, you should pass on for us here, just how awesome this piece of artwork is. I enlarged the picture and just can't stop looking at the shades, colors and the actual figures too. I'm an Alpha Trion fan and the details on him are gorgeous to say the least.
    An amazing piece. :thumb  x 1000!!

7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    That could work out.