Movies vs AHM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Kungfu Dinobot, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

Eh, I have come across people who complain about the shittiness about the movies(I thought it was pretty shitty too, but I liked it anyways), but like AHM, which from what I read on the nets, is alot more badly-written than the movies, with and added dose of LIEKOMGTOTALLYNEWCHARACTER(*cough*drift*cough*).Mostly their reasons for liking AHM boils down to:

1:It's GEEWUN, even more GEEWUN than the preceding stories Furman wrote.

2:More transformers interaction.

3:The decepticons are more "Badass", as in, Megatron could wreck an entire country, by himself(God mode, much?)

4:The humans,with the glorious exception of S.W.I.N.O.(Spike Witwicky In Name Only)and that other guy are so pussy they can't even scratch the 'con's paintjobs.And they are also complete idiots("What movie is this for?").

I didn't read AHM, and I plan on giving it the Twilight treatment(avoid at all cost!), so I might miss out on the finer details, so correct me if I'm wrong.

thoughts?

EDIT: I just remembered another reason.

5:AHM is alot more serious than the movies.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  2. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Huh, interesting thread. :) 

I don't know, AHM is a little different from the movies, in the fact that it's tolerable. Much better than ROTF, or at least from what I've read.

3. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    WTF is AHM???

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think they might be talking about the comic book series All Hail Megatron.

Or at least it hit on why I like it over the movies because the Decepticons were not push overs, kicked the butt of the human military even though they were not totally immune to the weapons, and there was some nice art work with an old school look.

To be honest while All Hail Megatron is not the best comic book ever and it's way too geek heavy for the general public I still wish the movie could be nudged a bit more that way. It would be so nice at the end of the movie to feel like wow the way the Decepticons were kicking everything's butt it's a good thing that Prime and the Autobots came to save the day.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hate AHM, it's just the pipedream of the youtube member cumonass style G1 fan that "remembers" the 80's show exactly like that, wants to see every human character ever dead because DURR THEYRE ANNOYING and somehow saw character development and deep personalities in all those generic old cartoon villain buffoons.

Still bummed that they canned a longer Revelations for that, IDW Galvatron and buddies needed more panel-time, period.

6. Kungfu Dinobot

Really? Last I recall they were all god moded(At least, 'til the end of AHM 10),Otherwise Megatron would've needed backup in Isarael.

Edit:Oh and I remember at the end of ROTF, The Fallen was nigh untouchable for the humans and Optimus Prime(Wearing pieces of an old man)was needed to save the day.

7. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked AHM, but I can see why some don't. However if AHM contained scenes where dogs were humping for no reason, Spike rips off his pants to reveal a close up of a thong before attacking Megatron, Devastator teabagging the statue of liberty with giant robo-balls in the final battle, one of Spike's allies repeatedly tasering himself in the nuts, a human refuge eating a single pot brownie and acting like she's on LSD,etc. I would think it's a shitty, shitty comic.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Am I the only one that really enjoyed AHM? I dunno. Maybe it's because I read it in TPB form.

9. Kungfu Dinobot

Eh I've been dying to say this:

Whinge all you want about Devastator getting killed by a railgun, at least it was a hugeass naval cannon, not some carbine-sized firearm like the KO Shockwave from AHM.

Also, all the whinging about the decepticons being "weak".Megatron in ROTF got half his head blown off, by his own gun, and he's still conscious.Megatron form AHM got shot by the KO Shockwave and punted in the face without any visible damage, and he's in a coma.

10. Ash from Carolina

Bah, the movie Decepticons are so weak Waspinator could take them all out by himself.

11. Kungfu Dinobot

as usual, you need hyperbole to support your arguments, because you know I'm right:rolleyes: 

Look, it's ok to not like something that does not fit your taste, but don't hide behind a veneer of sophistication by blaming ROTF's shitty plot for your HAET of it when you don't mind the greater shittiness in AHM becauise it's more GEEWUN:wink: 

Besides, the AHM decepticons are only "badass" because they had God Mode on.When their God More expired, some cheap knockoff could kill them.

12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Depends opn wich movie Decepticons you are using. Brawl had horrible, horrible things done to him and kept fighting for a long part of the final battle.

Oh, and I rather watch Revenge of the Fallen over and over again than reading AHM a second time.

13. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Nope, I like it too. Mainly, I think, because I read the first six in trade paperbacks and flicked through the next while they were on the stands but never buying them as I was waiting for the second TPB.

I agree with you on that one. Optimus should have been the one to "dispatch" Megatron, not Spike and his stolen Shockwave arm! While, as you point out, movie Megatron gets a hell of a lot firepower sent right to his face and he still manages to walk around and speak.

:lolol  Funny, but not always accurate.

It takes a fair amount of F-22s, Optimus, and the power of the Allspark to take down Megatron in TF1. Brawl has arms ripped off. As you say, the Decepticons are a pretty strong bunch of guys in the movies.

All Hail Megatron is really not that bad.

14. Ash from Carolina

So you are just going to totally ignore the issues where Ravage is stopped by a Molotov Cocktail, Megatron orders Soundwave to jam the missiles so they don't get hit, or when the Decepticons are debating who has the risky task of cannon fodder until they hit on the idea of send Frenzy.

Yes AHM is a badly written comic book but some of bad ideas are still better than the horrible ideas of let's kill Blackout with one crotch shot. Frenzy can kill highly trained Secret Service agents but can't handle a fat guy, an idiot, and an old guy because it's near the end of the movie. The biggest thing the Decepticons can come up with is killed by one shot from a ship we never heard of until they needed a rail gun. Or the really great idea of instead of the Autobots doing something lets wipe out the Constructicon clone army with an air strike.

The movies and AHM are poorly written plots that never should have seen the light of day. But at least one gives you the feeling that the Decepticons stand some chance at actually winning instead of let's have the good guys beat them too easily.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please, AHM never gives such feeling, everytime we get a VILLAINS 4EVER story somewhere everybody know it ALWAYS ENDS with the guys who got hyped as biggest badasses ever getting defeated in a very disappointing way.

I mean, that happened with ROTF too, but at least Optimus going bananas on Megatron and The Fallen looked cooler than any actual battle-scene in AHM.

16. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Don't forget the numerous Decepticons that were easily downed in one or two shots from light infantry vehicles and tanks in ROTF at the end. Yes, there are a few moments when the movie Decepticons take a lot of punishment, but on the whole, they are easily crushed by the humans. Megatron being forced back by a machine-gun was another example of this..

17. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

Nope, I thought AHM was fantastically written. The plot was excellent, "What if the Decepticons actually won?"

My only gripe about AHM was how large the cassette 'cons were and how big Devastator was. I think AHM would've made an excellent convertable movie plot. Except, in the movie-verse, there would have to be a lot more Autobots and Decepticons to be able to stand a chance against the US military.

18. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I was really disapointed with the decepticon side of All Hail Megatron and the human story was horrible. Why have a Spike that is nothin' like Spike? Just call him Bob or whatever, also I don't like badass humans in my Transformer fiction, leave the badassery to the 'bots and 'cons.

But the downtrodden Autobots rocked! I loved it, that part was great in my opinion and thanks to that it kicked ROTF's ass.

19. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

Cliffjumper watching for the split second blip was priceless.

20. Kungfu Dinobot

1)Ravage is a midget, so I'll cut him slack

2)That was unnessary, considering the megatron-vs-Isarael moment.

3)They didn't need to, the humans there are too stupid to fire a damn pistol.