Movies that have G1 Toys in them somewhere

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Usmcloady, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Usmcloady

Usmcloady Well-Known Member

I have searched this on google and have found nothing. Does anyone know of any movies (probably 80s movies) that "advertise" or show a G1 transformer toy in them (like in the background or being played with)? I was watching a movie the other day called "Flight of the Navigator", it is a disney movie I used to watch as a kid. In this one scene, the main star of the movie, a kid is given a bunch on toys as a gift from NASA. Low and behold one of the toys laying there on the bed as a gift is a brand new Shrapnel (I know it was an insecticon, I'm thinking Shrapnel) in the box. Looks as mint as could be. Of course this film was made in the mid-80s, about the time Shrapnel would have been released from Hasbro. Check it out yourself. Does anyone know of any other apperances of G1 TF toys in a movie?

2. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

The entire opening credits of "Kickin it Old School" with Jamie Kennedy is a montage of nothing but 80s toys GIjoe, Star Wars, Smurfs, and Transformers.

The lone toy mistake to my knowledge is the placement of Beast Wars B'boom a 90s toy.

3. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you have ever seen "The Great Outdoors" with Dan Akroyd and John Candy, there is a part towards the end of the movie when everyone is sitting around in the cabin and john Candy's youngest son is on the sofa fiddling with a G1 Sixshot. I never realised it until a couple weeks back when I grabbed the DVD at wal-mart on sale. Worth a look!

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah. 'Shot looks freakin massive in that kid's hands too

5. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't know if this quite counts or not, but in "The Professional", she changes the channel on the TV to Transformers a couple different times.
    Trying to remember some of the movies I'd seen TF's in. I know there's a crap load.

6. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In Top Gun , Goose gives his kid a G1 Starscream when he pics his wife and son up at the airport

7. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

Flight of the Navigator. When david arrives at NASA, the room they have set up for him, on the bed there is a pile of toys, there is some transformers boxed on the bed

8. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Pssst. The original poster already talked about that one :D 

9. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

didn't even bother reading his post, LOL. i was so excited i knew a movie to list, i just went to it.

10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    In the scenes of The Princess Bride (1987) that take place in the Grandson's bedroom, on the headboard shelf of the bed there are misc. He-Man figures and what resembles Sideswipe in vehicle mode. Could be wrong on that one though since the scale doesn't quite look right for that toy. If someone has ZOOM on their DVD player they might be able to verify this either way.

Also, the movie Big (1988) starrring Tom Hanks mentions Transformers by name during a scene involving pitching a new product during a board meeting: a transforming skyscraper, which Tom's character doesn't "get". I thought it was cool though, mainly 'cuz it was so freakin' huge. But even as many times as I've watched that flick, I've never bothered to see if any TF toys appear in the background during any other scenes (especially those in the kid bedrooms or the toy store). What's amusing about the scene in "Big" with the robot skyscraper is that Tom's character suggests transforming bugs and animals and dinosaurs that turn into robots. Hasbro had already made the Dinobots, Insecticons, and Predacons at that time.

We discussed Kickin It Old School earlier this year in this thread. Even though it's a crappy and forgettable film, it does at least have the distinction of having the most TF toy cameos in a single movie. This film at least deserves mention in TFWIKI.net for this.

I haven't watched Flight of the Navigator in ages. And I guess I never caught the Sixshot "cameo" in The Great Outdoors. Thanks for mentioning these, guys!

11. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Something that's bugged me for 20 years is there's a movie where there is a Prowl kite on the wall of a bedroom, but I don't remember what movie it was. I keep thinking it was 'About Last Night...' but I haven't seen the film since '86 or whenever it was it came out.

Wish I had one of those kites!

--Moony

12. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    In that movie when, when he gets out of bed he nearly steps on a G.I Joe Devilfish :) 

13. scarnivac

scarnivac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Didn't they also have the 'city-transformers' where a robot transformed into a huge building?

also, in 'ninja terminator' we get to see the blue and yellow omega supreme knock off known as mechabot-1

YouTube - ninja terminator - messenger robot

14. Silent Bob

Silent Bob Well-Known Member

Not transformer toys but in “Leon” there are two points when Mathilda is watching transformers cartoons.
    Strange thing is it’s supposed to be two completely different days although I think both clips are from the same episode.
    I just thought it was great that the coolest kid ever to appear in any film ( in my opinion)was a transformers fan !!!

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

OMG, I didn't realize there were that many films that mentions or shows Transformers.

16. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe there was an appearance by a Tansformers toy in the Sex and the City movie this past summer, but don't remember what it was.

17. Papasmoak

Papasmoak Well-Known Member

Not a movie but, the other day when watching an episode of growing pains (don't laugh) Ben was on the couch playing with Omega Supreme....even Alan Thicke tosses the rocket/arm of Omega off the couch!

18. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

In the Robert Townsend film "Hollywood Shuffle" there is a shot in the little boys bedroom and a G1 Jetfire is standing on his dresser.

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There is an episode of MacGyver with a bunch of Grey Shockwaves in it... I mentioned it in a post a while back here. Just don't bump that thread...

20. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and