Movies NOT by who you might think...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by SaberPrime, Aug 13, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

So I just realized that ParaNorman was NOT a Tim Burton film which is weird because it has the same animation and sort of vibe as "Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Corpse Bride".

And I also found out recently that there was a spoof "Genre Movie" that is not made by the same people as Scary Movie. I put Genre Movie in quotes because that's how all these movies are actually named. Scary Movie, Super Hero Movie, Action Movie, ect. But there's one, I think it was "Not Another Teen Movie" that although it has the same title and humor is not actually made by the same people as all the others.

So are there any movies that have a certain style that make you think someone made them when they actually had nothing to do with it?

On the other side of things there are also movies like Blade and Jonah Hex that if you've never heard of the characters before you'd have no idea they were actually super hero movies. Blade is owned by Marvel and Jonah Hex is DC but most people don't even know that and would never guess that either of them were super hero movies.

Oh yeah... I also found out after seeing the movie that Kick Ass was an actual comic book. I thought it was a spoof of the super hero genre and not an actual comic book movie because it has the same kind of crude humor as Super Hero Movie. Actually Super Hero Movie was a lot better because at least the main hero could actually do something, that's how bad Kick Ass actually was. I didn't think there was any possible way this movie could be based on an actual comic book because the title character is such a looser that it had to be a spoof but no. If it was a spoof it's a really bad spoof.

That's kind of a tougher one to answer because unless someone told you then you could of seen several movies and still not even know that they fit into a specific genre or were made by certain directors because the style is so different from what you'd normally expect. So for this one have you noticed any movies that you think other people who aren't hard core fans wouldn't know who actually made it?

2. Driskull98

Driskull98 World's Only Snarler Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I had no idea Men In Black or Cowboys and Aliens were originally comic books.

3. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    I had thought that Miramax made Bionicle Legends Reborn..But man was I wrong... (which ever the studio that made the original first 3 bionicles movies...Another thing is I had thought Final Fantasy Advent children was a stand alone movie based on another Final Fantasy universe at the time I didn't know Advent Children belong within Final Fantasy 7 since well I didn't know what FF7 was at the time.

4. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Event Horizon.

I didn't realize until a couple of weeks ago it was directed by Paul W.S. Anderson. I see no similarities between it and his other films.

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    "I had no idea that Transformers existed before the movies"

75% of the site.

6. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

I thought the film Metal Man (an Iron Man rip-off) was by The Asylum.

Nope, Midnight Releasing.

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

no i think asylum has an iron man movie. i think it was called "sherlock holmes" where he fights dinos and a man in a giant robot suit :lol 

8. Honey-Flash

Honey-Flash Yes, I'm a girl.

Some of my former classmates had no idea that Scott Pilgrim was originally a series of graphic novels. Normally, this wouldn't surprise me, but this was an art class full of students who were obviously hipsters. So, I'd assume they would have known.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I still can't believe Men in Black and Kick-Ass are Marvel Comics.

10. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

I couldn't believe that Howard the Duck was by George "Money-Sucker" Lucas.

11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I didn't know that either until you pointed it out.

Cowboys and Aliens actually very oddly was only created in 2006, only 5 years before the movie was made. It's odd because most comics have been around a lot longer before they're turned into movies.

I still can't believe Kick-Ass is ANY comic let alone Marvel. I would of thought Dark Horse if anything. Dark Horse also made Hellboy which is the first movie I seen that I didn't know was a comic book character.

Oh I've also discovered that a lot of people, including apparently the actor in the movie, didn't know Judge Dredd was a comic book character. Sylvester Stallone who played the title character when doing an interview for The Expendables he stated that Super Hero movies were the worst action films because the actors don't have to work out to get the role. The abs are built into the suit. The interview didn't mention it because I don't think she even knew but I was sitting there watching going "Um... you were in super hero movie!" The babbled on for like 5 min. about how he'd never do a super hero movie and no one seemed to know that he had already done one.

Anyway... as I was looking up Men in Black, I had no idea Marvel owned the rights to it but they didn't create it. Men in Black went threw 3 other publishers before Marvel bought them out. It's no wander you didn't know about it, they didn't create it.