Moviefone Predicts Oscars (Transformers predicted to win all 3 nominations)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TJOmega, Feb 24, 2008.

1. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    http://movies.aol.com/oscars-academy-awards/photos/oscar-predictions

According to the article, most experts are calling Transformers a lock in Best Visual Effects, but what I thought was cool were a few facts about the audio category.

The sound mixer for the movie, Kevin O'Connell, has been nominated 19 times for Best Sound Mixing without winning! This is #20, and expected to be his first. The other category, Best Sound Editing, has been won by the same film that wins Best Sound Mixing 40 years in a row, so if it wins one, expect it to win the other.

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Does Moviefone have a pretty good track record with this stuff?

Either way, cool for Transformers. Looking forward to a Blu-ray edition with a bunch of Oscar taglines on the package.

3. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

That's an assload of bad luck! XD I mean, with so many nominations you'd think that the odds would have given'im one by now...

It'll be interesting to see how the Oscars go... nah, I only care for the same three nominations as as most likely quite a few others here XD

4. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Transformers better win those awards. Especially the one for Best Visual Effects.

5. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

I don't care what the Oscars say, the sound effects and editing are the best I have heard in any movie thus far, in terms of clarity, quality and quantity. There could have easily been hundreds of sounds on screen, from Prime's "teeth" moving around, to the slightest mechanical twisting and moving sound - You can clearly hear them all without it all turning into a cluster of noise.

The more you watch the movie, the more sounds you hear.
    TF is the one movie which truly gives my sound system a good workout.

Also.. What about best score? TF and Pirates should be there. Once again Hans & Co's excellent work being ignored, further proving the point that the Oscars are only politically driven and not artistically.

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    If TF doesn't get the visual effects award, then you know it's just because the academy wants anything but to give an oscar to a Michael Bay movie.

7. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

...and...EPIC FAIL.

8. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I'd be much more comfortable if it were at least beaten by PotC 3, there were some pretty good effects going on in that, but The Golden Compass? And the footage they use to display its visual superiority is superimposing a polar bear onto a mechanical bull?

oh well, it'll probably sweep the MTV movie awards, so there's that.

also in b4 "if they used the old designs it would've won"

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd say that describes the Oscars very well indeed.

10. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's sad to say that the MTV Movie Awards actually fit better with the mainstream of modern movies and movie goers more than the Oscars. Who here has seen any of the movies that won last night? And if you had, don't you wish you had your $10 and 2 hours back?

Sure a good movie should get the best award, but a lot of movies get looked over for politics more than achievement. Hell the best movie made for three years was The Lord of the Rings and it got snubed for the first two. And they wonder why the people don't care anymore.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

The Oscars is peer reviewed, it's not -for- us.

12. SeishinKibou

SeishinKibou Well-Known Member

It's a shame that they did not win the award. =(

I 'think' one of the key elements to get the award is the interaction with live actors and the amount of character portrayed/developed. Unfortunately there was only little direct interaction with the actors and the CG models and only a small amount of character development in the first movie. If we're lucky the sequel will get nominated and have a another chance at it all =D [but if you ask me, I think some of the awards given away this year were dodge]

13. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There was a lot of really wonderful movies nominated this year, I saw plenty of them and no I don't want my money back. The best picture winner in particular, No Country For Old Men, was absolutely great.

The Oscars have never been about mainstream. They don't care about whatever movies were the blockbusters, and there's nothing wrong with that.

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    true that. only time i care for the oscars is when im rooting for a particular actor/director to get his due. the oscar selection taste tend to very through eras, so its no biggie. some of the losers can be good sports too. there was that one time spielberg made fun of lucas not having one any, haha, that was cool.

15. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Damn you Moviefone, you jinxed Transformers....

I honestly stopped watching the Oscars after Halley Berry won her award and the LOTR Trilogy was over (and it won its various awards, including the bunch rightfully given to them in 2004). I just popped in to see TF Win and they didn't, so another Hiatus for me until something I really enjoyed watching gets Nominated (then shafted) again.

Where do you live that you only have to pay $10 to see a movie? You've gotta pay $20 at least to see movie here in Baltimore. No I didn't see No Country For Old Men or There Will Be Blood, they didn't appeal to me and I honestly thought they were overrated like A History of Violence was back in 2005. But I'm glad Daniel-Day-Lewis won an Oscar for his performance In TWBB (I'm still getting over the shock that he was tracker in Last of the Mohicans).

That aside, I wish I could still watch MTV just to see the MTV-MOVIE AWARDS (I stopped watching in 2003 after The Two Towers won best movie of the year.), but my Mother has had the channel blocked since 2003, my siblings were killing brain cells watching nothin' but Punk'd, MTV Cribs, and Various Music Videos. Plus, I was royally pissed at MTV when they didn't nominate Resident Evil: Apocalypse for not a single thing in their categories in 2005 (not even for best Action Sequence), and then gave Best movie of the year to Napoleon Dynamite instead of Spider-Man II.

WTF, seriously, Napoleon Dynamite best movie of 2004? Get real, MTV. Oh yeah, in 2006, they shafted the Anakin/Darth Vader x Obi-Wan battle for Best Fight or On-Screen Team (whatever), for the gunfight in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. An obvious promotion for all the Bradgelina crap they was flying around back when. The upside to this is that they gave Hayden Christensen's Demi-Darth Vader, Best Villain.

Alas, I Digress. Maybe I'll ask mum to Unblock it so I can watch it this year, just for TRANSFORMERS. If they shaft that movie for anything else, then.... there's an conspiracy goin' on around these parts!

Then why show it on National Television? Why don't they just have a press-confrence and announce whom won their contest?

16. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Yeah because it's being run a peer group of grumpy old men in suits with a snobbish disdain for popular cinema/mass appeal. A lot of people don't really care anymore. Same with Grammys. The viewership has been steadily declining since then. Here see link:

80th annual Oscars head for record low TV ratings

If people want to know what the majority's definition of an awesome movie is, look at the Box Office. It's pure, unbiased and un-elite.

17. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    The Academy does seem to have a habit of snubbing special-effects heavy blockbusters on their first go-around. Both Spiderman and the first Pirates of the Carribean lost then picked up awards for their sequels. If that pattern holds (and so far, it has) TF2 should win in 2010. And that may actually be why Golden Compass won. It did so poorly at the box office its chances of getting a sequel are very slim so for academy voters it might have been "now or never".

That doesn't mean I'm any less annoyed but eh, what can you do?

18. littlebotbrat

littlebotbrat Well-Known Member

I was tick off about the golden compass getting the award instead of the transformers. It was all political and those anti-religious bigots.