movie1 characters/ movie 2 figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JazzIsBack, Jul 13, 2009.

1. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

ok I bought movie 1 figures of Prime bumblebee ironhide ratchet megatron and starscream so are the movie 2 figures of them worth it?

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Optimus and Megatron are COMPLETELY different.

Bumblebee and Starscream are fairly different.

And as far as I know, Ratchet and Ironhide are just repaints.

3. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Prime Megatron and Starscream yes

Everything else no

4. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    move 2 leader prime. yup
    cannon bee and human alliance bee yup
    ironhide/ratchet/voy prime...nope
    voyager meg up
    voy starscream yup
    leader meg.......im glad i got mine...others may disagree

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i know im crazy for wanting all the onscreen characters all over again.. but definitely buy prime, megatron, starscream and bumblebee (whichever BB u prefer, i guess.. there are a few).. they are awesome, and better than the last one (especially prime, of course).. ratchet and ironhide are repaints, so buy em only if u want em

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Megatron, definitely. Both the Voyager and Leader are vast improvements over the TF1 versions.
    - Bumblebee, maybe. The Human Alliance figure is a completely new mold, although I think it looks like crap, and there have been significant changes made to the 2 new Deluxes. Just depends whether you want another figure.
    - Ironhide, Prime (Voyager) and Ratchet, no. They're basically identical to the TF1 releases.
    - Prime (Leader) and Starscream, definitely not. The RotF versions are inferior to the TF1 molds.

7. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Whoa! Someone who isn't vastly in love with Leader Prime :jawdropper: 

8. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Wow, do I strongly disagree.

9. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

just curious is movie2 prime the only one that can combine withj jetfire?

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream and Leader Optimus kick the tf1 asses in all possible ways.

11. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm on the side of "have to try to collect everyone from the movie," so personally, this is what I think of the repeat characters:

Leader Prime: Nothing to add that hasn't been said. A huge improvement, but I still like the TF1 Prime as well.

Bumblebee: I really like the Preview Bee for display purposes. Something about the new head and gun just complete the figure for me. HA Bee is more fun, but Preview Bee just displays better with my other ROTF Autobots. I think Preview Bee was worth the purchase, but I know many will disagree. He is still just a slightly redone version of the TF1 mold. HA Bee is worth having simply for the fun factor.

Ironhide: The new guns are cool, but I'm holding out to see how Jungle Ironhide looks or to see if the mold gets a better repaint. The release on shelves now is probably an easy pass if you already have an Ironhide from the first movie, unless the new guns are really worth the money to you.

Ratchet: A straight up repaint with nothing new. If you already own the TF1 version and aren't concerned about scale, wait and see how the Deluxe looks.

Megatron: I actually don't have any version of him yet as I am still debating whether to get the Voyager or Leader. Still, he's a completely different mold with a new design, so unless you hate the look of his toys he's worth picking up.

Starscream: I got the Voyager version as a gift from my girlfriend, and it is vastly superior to the TF1 mold in every way but size. If she hadn't gotten it for me, I would probably wait to see how the Leader will look. However, unless the Leader is downright amazing (and it might be) the Voyager will do. If you want only one mold of each character, I would hold out and wait until the Leader is shown. However, you can't go wrong with the voyager.

Blackout/Grindor: Despite wanting to own everyone in the movie, I don't think this mold is worth picking up again unless it's ever on sale. Especially for a character that is in the movie for a minute.

Scroponok: Ditto.

If you only want to get characters that are completely different, you only need to get Prime, Megatron, and Starscream. I love the Preview Bee look, but it may not be different enough from Movie 1 Bee for most people. None the less, HA Bee is worth looking into because its a very fun and good looking figure. Everyone else is an easy pass for now, since more different versions of each character that change it up a bit are bound to be released in the future.

12. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I think Scantron's just being funny. Then again, considering his sense of humor, maybe not. :lolol 

I thought that ROTF Ironhide had a different waist this time around. I haven't gotten him to compare.

Also, it depends, Movie 1 regular gun prime was okay, but the Premium was actually pretty good because of the extending sword.

However ROTF Prime is my favorite just because the amount of time put into getting the look of the figure just right, the poseability, etc. He is a little kibbly, but that's just fine for me.

13. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Optimus-That Leader sucks compared to the Revenge of the Fallen one
    Bumblebee-Nope his movie 1 toys are better
    Ironhide-Movie 2=much better
    Ratchet-Eh there pretty much the same
    Megatron-MUCH BETTER
    Starscream-Also MUCH BETTER

14. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    do like I do, get them all then after all 3 movie lines are done auction off the ones you don't like

i.e. Movie 1 Prime got bumped by Movie 2 Prime - odds are that Movie 1 Prime will end up some kind of repaint instead of auctioned off