Movie Whirl, Hoist, Mixmaster, etc...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MegaCepticon, Oct 20, 2009.

1. MegaCepticon

MegaCepticon Well-Known Member

Can someone please tell me if the Toys R US 2 packs Hoist-Mixmaster, and Whirl-??? is part of Universe or Movieverse. I'm debating on picking them up since they are homages to G1 but I don't want to pick them up if they are officially part of Movieverse. Yeah I am weird like that. Someone help!

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    um what is wrong with the movieverse? if it bothers you so bad you can just make your own canon for them......

3. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

They're movie toys. So judging from what you've said, you'll probably want to skip them.

Or, you can just do what all the Bludgeon fans are doing and pretend that they were ment to be Universe toys.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    technically the newest bludgeon that is coming out WAS ment to be a universe toy

5. Triceradon

Triceradon In it for the rage

Does it matter?

If you want them, get them. If you don't, don't get them. It doesn't matter what package they come in.

Technically, they're movieverse, but again, does it matter?

6. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

From what I've heard that's just what people assume based on a vague QnA answer.

One way or another, I just think it's a funny thing these fans have to do to justify buying a figure from the dreaded movie line.

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is almost as ridiculous as the people who paid like double for the Energon Gestalt repaints, just to get them in Universe packaging over ROTF packaging.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    holy crap THRED WUN!!!!

:D 

9. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

If you hate the Bayverse toys so much, there's no point in picking these up.

10. MegaCepticon

MegaCepticon Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input, not that I despise the movie toys, these just won't fit in with my display.(universe display) I am very particular with my displays, maybe I'll just keep them sealed for the time being if I do decide to buy them and yes I have decided to purchase Bludgeon when he comes out. So if I buy him, I might as well purchase the other 2.

11. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Hasbro said Bludgeon was designed to fit in the Universe Classics line, whether that means it was suppose to be released then but wasn't or if it was meant to be in the movie line but made Universe style we don't exactly know

12. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

Get the Whirl/Bludgeon pack it is awesome! Even though I don't have it, it is awesome because of that obscure "Whirl" character in it!

13. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Personally I don't care what line a figure is in. If I like it or it fits in with my mindset I will get it. For example I have no problems putting movie Fracture or Energon Downshift with other lines.

14. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Overall it doesn't matter what line it is released under if you feel/or don't feel a figure fits in with your collection its your choice. My choice is to get Blugeon, Brakedown, Mindwipe, Skystalker & Reverb to bolster by Decepticon forces and I am cool with the homages and how the figures will fit in with my collection. Also, I am looking to grab Whirl based on the homage and the fact that he is a Wrecker member. Hoist I'm not feeling at the moment however.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Um, Hasbro has stated multiple times that Voyager Bludgeon is meant to fit in with either the movie line or Universe line depending on your preference.

As for the OP's question, they are more movieverse-centric. Though, Hoist is just blocky enough to be a Universe stand-in. He should be released as a single figure down the road, if I remember correctly.

16. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I can understand not liking how a figure looks, and not buying it. But to like a figure and not buy it just because it is from the movie line is kind of assanine.

17. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i think Hoist works well with classics...if he's in a back row so you can't see his feet...

the other 3 don't work at all...and why anyone would buy the whirl bludgeon pack for bludgeon when a new bludgeon is coming out makes me want to bludgeon people...bludgeon...

but seriously, get the hoist set...maybe you can sell mixmaster?

18. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    This most likely is not the case.

19. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

The information I had read to this point seemed to indicate that both Hoist and Mixmaster would be sold individually (though apparently Mix would have a different robot mode head).

Personally there is no way I'd get that 2-pack just for Hoist (unless I already had a Mix buyer lined up).

20. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    I don't get where people are getting this. ONE G1 colored Mixmaster (and ONE G1 colored Soundwave) showed up in the same packaging as the original. It was obviously a sample because nothing on the packaging was changed from the original. Hasbro doesn't turn around and mass release exclusives.