Movie watching & people watching during TF2

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SuzyPrime, Jun 27, 2009.

1. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

Rather than start another "You're stupid if you liked the movie" or "You're a moron if you hated the movie" thread, how about this?

I went to see the movie again yesterday and I decided to watch people watch the movie, and their reactions were interesting.

There were three young boys sitting behind me (which is kind of a shame to subject them to all the sexual crap) but every time a new Transformer character came on they practically shouted each name and were really excited. During the action scenes they were absolutely riveted. I loved their reactions because they were enjoying it so much.

There was a fifty-something-year-old women sitting down the row from me, and when Megatron shot Optimus through the chest, she put her hand over her mouth and looked absolutely shocked.

Anyone else see audience reactions?

2. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I went to see the movie there were two teenagers sitting next to our seats, and I swear they looked somewhat like Skids & Mudflap! Seriously!

Haven't seen any reactions though, since I've only seen the movie once and I didn't want my attention somewhere else.

3. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

I was shocked when people clapped and cheered when Jet-Prime said: "Let's roll" and when the movie ended. I was like: "Wtf? Am I the only one with a brain here?"

4. red4

red4 Banned

I didn't see anyone's reactions, but the entire room laughed every time Skids or Mudflap spoke - including my friends who were with me. I didn't laugh; but that's to be expected from me, as humor in movies very rarely amuses me (I stay away from comedy movies like the plague). I did, however, closely observe about a dozen people while we all waited in line. There was only one guy with a TF shirt of any kind (G1, no less). Two teenage girls who were next to me in line were there just to be part of "the scene", as my friend put it. They seemed really disinterested in Transformers, and even made fun, rather secretively, of the fans who surrounded them. I felt like slapping them both in the head.

5. HerbieC

HerbieC Member

why wouldnt you cheer?

6. HerbieC

HerbieC Member

a girl sitting in front of me put her hand up to block the explosion when sam and mikaela we jumping from one building to the next. a guy in the audience yelled 'NOOO' when prime was mortally wounded.

7. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My theater loved it. Everyone was cheering and laughing hysterically all during the movie. And almost everyone clapped at the end.

8. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

When the movie started, I was ecstatic. I was so happy I would get to see the sequel to one of my favourtie movies. In the first 30 minutes, everything was more or less fine, even though I thought the Demolisher fight was way shorter than I thought it would be, and Ravage's infiltration lacked the impact of Frenzy's. Every scene afterwards I would be less and less cheery.

Then, during the end of the second act of the movie, it hits me.

I don't like what I see.

And in the end, the final battle was so messed up, I wanted to cry out in frustration.

And I see everyone cheering. And I'm like, WTF?

Maybe the biggest reasons I disliked the movie was that a) I had read so many spoilers about the story's structure nothing really surprised me, and b) I didn't see what I waited to see (Soundwave screentime, Starscream bitching and backstabbing, Devastator vs the whole Autobot team, and a more serious tone in the characters, rather than most of them acting like caricatures).

9. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

i contained myself when i saw it, should i assert my true feelings verbally next time on sunday?

10. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to read spoilers. And your complaints are personal preferences which makes me wonder if you even know what you're looking at. No Devastator did not take on the Autobots. He had a greater purpose of uncovering the Sun Harvester. Megatron and Starscreams relationship was 100% on the money couldn't have been anymore G1 accurate. Soundwave was the most important Decepticon in the friggin movie! He got plenty of screen time and orchestrated the Decepticons on Eatrh AND found and had Megatron resurrected. Nobody wants to see a boring serious toned robot movie. Except you and a small handful of others here. Both times I saw it Thursday the audience cheered and laughed and got silent instantly with Prime died. It was SILENT. Kids and adults alike clapped during fight scenes and of course at the end. Great movie.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I sat next to a 9 year old kid at the theater, and we laughed at the exact same stuff. When the mom (in the movie) got high, he leaned over to his dad and asked what was going on. That was kinda funny.

12. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

I was unfortunate enough to sit next to a group of teenage kids who would not shut up for a SECOND, texted like crazy during it, and basically made fun of everyone around. There was nowhere to move, but after about twenty minutes of it, three people turned around at the same time and told them to be quiet, so the kids left. After that, everyone was enthralled in the movie, clapping when Bumblebee stuck it to Alice, gasped when Prime died, laughed at everything the Twins said, gasped when Devastator was made, cheered at the brief cameo of Scorponok, gasped and cried when Sam died, cheered when Prime was resurrected, and gave a standing ovation when the movie was over. There was one man, however, in front of me who must've been in his fifties. he was there with his son, and before the movie started he clearly didn't want to be there. But maybe a minute into Shanghai he was on the edge of his seat and commented to himself whenever something cool or sad happened. He was very entertaining. :D 

13. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I can vouch that my jaw hit the floor when Devs started combining.

I think I gripped the movie armrests with the force of a million suns too.

14. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    My sister was grossed out when The Doctor put that worm thing in Sam's mouth. I heard some parents do dis-aproving grunts when Wheelie was humping Mikila's leg. Lots of people laughed at Wheelie, Jetfire and the twins(including me). I also say a little kid bring a Preview Bumblebee with him.

15. red4

red4 Banned

When the movie started, some guy a few rows back said out loud "Oh yeah!". I quickly responded with an over-sexed "OooOohh Yeheeeah".

16. ntsan

ntsan Well-Known Member

Well I enjoyed my 2nd viewing of the movie far more than I did during the 1st time, granted this time I went with friends and see it on IMAX instead of normal theater.

17. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Well, My crowd reaction is pretty kinda funny. They laughed all of the comedy scene. Everyone in the theater cracked up when Leo accidentally tazed himself

18. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

C'mon, let's be real here, teenage girls are disinterested in everything except cell phones, cigarettes, getting drunk, getting laid, gossiping & shopping for clothes/shoes.

There's not much worse in this universe than teenage girls. Better not slap'em in the head, it might cave in.

Now THAT'S friggin cool!!!

19. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Lot's of people cracked up at the scenes where Mudflap, Skids, Wheelie and Jetfire spoke. Not many people laughed at the humping scenes. There were a lot of people drawn aback when Optimus Prime died, and some squirmed when Scalpel put the little bot in Sam's mouth.

20. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

We're you expecting Shakespeare from an cartoon? The movie played like one of the G1 episodes, which is what launched the franchise.