Minor/Repaint: Movie Wasp

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ethereal, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

My first attempt ever at repainting a figure. Finally buckled down and got to it the last couple days. I already see some stuff I can fix, and there's some stuff I might like to add, but I'm already pretty pleased with how this turned out.

Bought two Battlefield Bumblebee vs. Infiltration Soundwave packs, with the intent of repainting both BBs and one Soundwave. Wanted to turn this first BB into a straightforward Waspinator repaint. Channeled a lot of green and purple, based on his Animated portrayal, and I might add in some lime green highlights in a couple spots. I feel like that's the last little touch of color it needs.

If I could get decals of bug wings onto his doors, then I'll be really happy. Anyway, enough about this. Let me know what you guys think and what you think I might be able to do to make this (or future projects) better.

Used Testors acrylic paints and brushed everything on ;) 

Attached Files:

2. PkmnMstr

PkmnMstr Well-Known Member

I've actually got a Wasp WIP myself. Only with HA bumblebee. Picked him up on clearance for $10. Your paint job isn't bad. Little bit of yellow peeking out under the green, but I know how that can be. The purple is a little too light for my taste though. Other than that, I like it.

3. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Yeah, gave him a bit of a touch up today and he looks better. Not as much yellow poking out ;) .

The purple I was stuck between too dark (like his torso) or lavender. Still working the kinks out of mixing the paints and finding what I need to in the area (Hobby Lobby is pretty much it). Thanks for the feedback :) 

4. Ravage_Eject

Ravage_Eject Soundwave's Favorite

Looks good! Keep up the good work : )