Movie vs. G1 Counterparts

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Splintershot, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

What do you guys think? If the Movie Autobots and Decepticons ever went up against their own G1 (or 2) counterparts, who would win?
    Here's what I think:
    G1 Optimus vs. Movie Optimus: EPIC BATTLE RIGHT HERE. I think that it would either be a tie, or G1 prime would win... barely.

G1 Megatron vs. Movie Megatron: Hmm... another tough one. I think Movie Megatron would possibly win that one.

G1 Jazz vs. Movie Jazz: G1 Jazz. Period.

G1 Starscream vs. Movie Starscream: This is hard. I want to say Movie Starscream, but I think G1 Starscream would win.

G1 Bumblebee vs. Movie Bumblebee: I think Movie Bumblebee would win. He's tougher.

G1 Ironhide vs. Movie Ironhide: Movie Ironhide... possibly.

G1 Ratchet vs. Movie Ratchet: Movie Ratchet... more battle-knowledge.

G1 Frenzy vs. Movie Frenzy: Too easy, G1 Frenzy. Period. Just squish!

G1 Scorponok vs. Movie Scorponok: I like Movie Scorponok better, but I thinking the Headmaster would win.

G1 Jetfire vs. Movie Jetfire: G1 Jetfire for sure.
    You guys go ahead and try some, or state your own opinion regarding mine!

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Out of all of those only movie Bumblebee and Ratchet would win for the movies. Mostly because G1 Bumblebee is useless and small while his movie counterpart is a soldier. Movie Ratchet also seems to be more of a soldier.

The rest I´d give it to the G1 crew.

3. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

G1 Ravage vs. Movie Ravage: I don't know... a tie?

4. Ispankmyturtle

Ispankmyturtle Banned

Movie Prime would destroy G1 prime, he took on 3 Decepticons at once and managed to kill the one who was twice his size, he wouldn't of been killed if Sam wasn't there

5. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    Movie Sideswipe vs G1 Sideswipe

Movie Sideswipe would win he has those cybertranium blades.

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Pretty much this... with the exception of movie Jetfire owning G1 Skyfire. Skyfire was a total wuss.

7. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

the movie counterparts would beat all the G1 counterparts

8. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    The majority of wins would go to the Movie counter parts imo.

9. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    g1 bee For The WIN!!!!

10. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    i really disagree on G1 prime beating movie prime, and G1 starscream beating movie starscream.cuz starscream in g1 was a fighter, but also more of megatron's bitch.plus if yu read "reign of starscream" youd see that movie-verse scream is way more rutheless.as for optimus vs movie optimus.......... movie optimus would just rip apart G1 optimus's head and chuck it! XD

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    G1 Ravage is the size of a audio cassette tape, while Movie Ravage is the size of a humvee. I think the match winner would be obvious in this case.

As for Starscream, G1 vs. Movie I may have to give it to the Movie based upon alt mode performance. The F-22 is noted as a very powerfully performing aircraft, successfully marrying speed, maneuverability, climb, lethality and stealth into one complete, total package. It also seems to be noted that Transformers can't seem to tell each other apart when in alt modes, and I would assume that stealth designs would still work to a point. Movie Starscream COULD be in a position of "strike first," which is very advantageous to him, as it would set G1 in a defensive posture rather than offensive. And then here, the performance of the aircraft would mean a lot, and until action proves otherwise, the F-22 appears to have the edge in this area.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Movie counterparts would win every time, bar a few exceptions like Skids, Ravage, Devastator. (G1 Devastator has size as his advantage if you go but most G1 media, though if they were equal size it would be another story) Movie versions are just too better-suited for combat than the G1 versions.

In a bizzare, twisted world where two Optimus' would meet and fight eachother, movie Prime would win. He's just too skilled in combat both hand-to-hand and ranged. I don't like thinking of Primes fighting, though, since it's hard to come up with justification.

Movie Megatron is phsycotically violent. G1 Megatron, who often runs away when facing someone he can't just knock over and beat, would not fair well. It'd be close.

BB is pretty unfair, as movie BB is a warrior with many weapons and size on his side, while G1 BB is small and lacks much weaponry. Again, I don't like to think they would fight.

Starscream would be tough, but again, Movie. In the first movie he expertly demonstarated his fighting skill and agility in the air, which G1 Starscream lacks. But their both just big cowards they'd shoot eachother once and make up some bullshit excuse to leggit. :lol 

Ironhide would be interesting. They're very much the exact same character, tough, cocky, easily rilled into a fight. I think, again, movie, simply because he has more weaponry, and is a lot more acrobatic. In the movies he's always rolling, diving, jumping... It would be close, because G1 Ironhide has lots of gadgets. In fact, I think it'd be a draw, since I can't really imagine either losing.

Jazz I would imagine the G1 version winning, since movie Jazz, while agile and scrappy, is small, weak and G1 Jazz has firepower over him. However movie Jazz is a lot more into combat, and generally less laid-back. I think it'd be close or a draw.

Ratchet would be movie, as well. G1 Ratchet's not into teh combat as much, and Ratchet in the movies demonstrates significant skill in combat, and like most of the other robots, is agile.

Frenzy would be G1. G1 Frenzy always struck me as the brighter of the two, and as freaking insane as movie Frenzy is, he's just too small.

Jetfire I would think is movie, but it'd be damn close, and I'll give my reasons why. They're both REALLY big, and while G1 is younger, Jetfire single-handedly dismembered Mixmaster. Unless G1 was able to get the drop on him, Jetfire would just run up and cut G1 to bits before he could say "Huh, I never thought of growing a beard." Plus, believe it or not, I genuinely think movie has speed, in alt mode I mean over G1. He is the SR-71

Everyone else is a toss-up. I could see G1 being Movie with Sideswipe, another size difference.

13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Dunno where you get that- G1's are pretty heavily armored and shielded, where you always see bits and pieces flying off Movie characters due to their lack of armor, exposed parts, and easily grab-able panels.

14. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Movie Optimus would smash G1 Optimus same with the others but there is one that intrigues me. Ironhide. Both are pretty much the same. I'd say of all the Movie characters Ironhide stayed the closest to his G1 counterpart in terms of personality. Then again, Movie Ironhide has two big @$$ guns so.........

15. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    G1 Cartoon verse movie = Movie wins.
    G1 Comics verse movie = Comics win.

16. 420bot

420bot ******

86' Movie Galvatron Vs. Sentinel Prime, nuff said.

17. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Altmode size does not always have a connection to robot mode size. Look at G1 Megatron and Soundwave. A gun and a cassette player, respectively, yet their robot modes were the same size as Optimus. With that said, I don't believe either would have a size advantage. Look at the scene in ROTF when Bumblebee fights Rampage. When Ravage attacks, he is tiny compared to Bee. Probably not too much larger than G1 Ravage.

Movie Ravage probably has the advantage when it comes to weaponry and alt-mode. His cannons are capable of machine gun and missile fire, while his Cybertronian form is capable of flight. To my (albiet limited) knowledge, G1 Ravage's cannons don't fire, and are actually jet boosters. He also turns into a cassette tape. Not very combat-capable.

It might be close, but I'm giving the advantage to Movie Ravage. He's got the weaponry and an alt-mode useful in combat. He also appears faster and more agile than G1 Ravage. Of course, this is assuming the battle takes place before G1 Ravage is upgraded into his Predacon body he had in Beast Wars. That one goes to G1 Ravage. Biggest advantage is his cloak, and his body being more Energon-efficent than Movie Ravage.

More weaponry and the skills and willingness to use it.

18. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

But G1 bots can withstand a lot more damage than movie bots.

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's because the movie ones are strong enough to damage each other, while G1s are wussies that can burely push each other like in a nerd slap fight :p 

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    By watching the movies, where it is plainly evident that the movie robots are far more agile, armed and capable than the G1 robots ever did.

Dunno where you got that, considering how weak they are all shown to be. That is when they actually get hit, since they rarley seem to hit eachother. Sheilded... I see no evidence of this. G1 Optimus died from a little wound in his stomach. Movie Prime was only killed when Megatron blew a giant hole through his chest.

What lack of armour? They're covered in armour. It even moves to allow better motion. The only reason the G1 guys can move with their blocky bodies is because they're cartoons.

What exposed parts? What do you distinguish from armour and what's somehow vital in your opinion? Vehicle panels =/= armour. The movies designs are almost completly armoured with layers and few exposed details. And regardless, they're always depicted as being solid, and they regenerate their armour nearly instantly as explained in the first movie.

Which makes no sense, since G1 guys could grab and pick eachother up with far more ease than the movie guys do. Now you're bringing in asthetics, which is an artistic choice, which sort of breaks the whole plausibilty of the two interatcing when you consider what I said above about the G1 guys only being able to move because they were cartoon/comics, and those designs in the movie's reality would be too blocky to move.

But he's also twice as small, and far weaker. Plus Movie Ravage is a tracker, and would be able to know where G1 Ravage was even cloaked.