Movie Voyager Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Razerwire, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Got him a few days ago.

Surprised there's no feedback thread on him.

But here goes:

Pluses:

1. Great paint job that's different from G1 Starscream.
    2. New head sculpt is better than I thought.
    3. Joints are tighter than the regular movie Starscream for some reason.

Minuses:

1. Pretty much everything that was bad about the regular movie Starscream with all the kibble on the undercarriage of the jet and the triggerhappy missile launchers even without the launch tab deployed.

2. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    What's his bio note say? I still havent been able to find a pic to read it...

3. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

well his uk bio is simply 'thundercracker wants his enemys to cower in fear when they see him coming.' in more languages than a spider can shake a very small stick at. props to locust reign for holding this figure for me ;) 

jet- the colours work well and it wouldn't stand out that much in a fleet of jets. the undercarridge and weapons are a bit thick, but it is a £20 toy, so i can deal with it. the pegs for his arms to hold in are way to wak, but i appriciate the effort.

bot- well, it is obvious about his shape, so no point saying anything his shape. i think that the arms would be better if the upper arms were the same width as the as the rest of the arms. he is decent fun though

overall- if you like the colours het him. plus his head doesn't have a neck brace either :) 

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Thundercracker lives on fear. Special materials in his vehicle body allow him to emit controlled sonic detonations that can be heard 200 miles away. Cruising along at Mach 6, he wants his enemies to hear him before they see him. He wants them to know he's coming, and cower in fear at their impending doom. Not as devoted to the recovery of the AllSpark as the other Decepticon, he stays with Megatron because the evil leader allows him to indulge his chaotic tendencies."

5. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

oh, i found some hands for him if you don't want to gut a swindle. ths-01 galaxy convoys hands fit inbetween the barrels, plus, you can use any combination of the 8 hamnds included.

6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    He has a mouth and lips sculpted on the clear orange piece on his mouth. Its more a g1 homage once you look closer.

7. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RW?

Get or not get?

8. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    This made me laugh:

"Cruising along at Mach 6, he wants his enemies to hear him before they see him"

Well it doesn't make any sense because he still flies faster than his own created sonic booms - you can't make the speed of sound go faster, so Thundercracker needs to go transonic most of the time.

:D 

9. atomictophat

atomictophat Well-Known Member

Anyone else find it funny that Movie ThunderCracker's bio is the totally opposite of G1 Thunder Cracker's bio? While G1 Thunder Cracker was the not-as-evil Con, the movie Thunder Cracker is the new major a**hole of the 'Cons.

I think by Mach 6, it means he goes at the speed of 6 Mcdonald's part-time workers or something

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I think RW pretty much nailed this toy. He's a great repaint of a toy that's really not all that great. The mold itself I always thought was ok, not bad, but nothing outstanding either. I do prefer Thundercracker though, the blue paint looks fantastic on him and I'm a big fan of the new head.

My recommendation is if you liked Starscream, this toy is a must, if not then you will find nothing much new with Thundercracker.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Finally found it last night. I still don;t think the G1 colorschemes work well on the movie designs but the redesigned head works better than the reall Starscream head IMO. Otherwise I like it. I bought a G1 Starscream from target so I could paint it into Skywarp eventually. Maybe. My Classics seekers take precidence.

But I digress. I love the light piping, it worse way better than the one on G1 Starscream. The bio seems like they combined G1 Thundercracker and Dirge together, which it a cool little touch.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:

Yah, that made me lol too.

13. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I like the colors on him, but not enough to buy a second version of that mold. Why couldn't they have given him hands?

14. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I kinda thought the same thing but when I saw him in the store I was like WOW, truthfully I like him better then movie Starscream, I've always been partial to Thundercracker back in G1 tho.

Original G1 Starscream still rocks tho. Whoever but that red and light blue color scheme together gets mad props.