Minor/Repaint: movie voyager prime without the backpack

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jnmx2000, Jun 3, 2007.

1. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

i know alot of ppl are complaining about the backpack on OP, but that's a small problem that is easily fixed. here are some pics to show you what he looks like with the backpact, and then without the backback, and just so you know, all these pics were AFTER i removed, so the backpack can still go on even after you remove it, it doesn't stay on great but it still stays on.

backpack pics first

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now for the none backpack pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

o yea, and you remove the backpack by hitting the pin out with a hammer and nail, i used a small screw driver, but thats how it's done.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Can't see the pics d00d. :( 

4. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

CRAP hang on, i accidently deleted all the pics, i'm reposting them now

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hmm...that's odd because I can see them. I personally prefer the Leader class figure.

6. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

alright, seems like there fixed

7. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

i would have the leader version if i didn't like the metallic paint on this version so much, if it wasn't for the paint i'd have the leader version

well actually, i think this version looks closer to the movie design, which is the main reason why i picked it up instead of the leader version, leader looks awesome, but it just doesn't look like the movie design that much, he's way to bulky IMO, but thats just me

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'll stick with my movie-accurate leader Prime. Even without the backpack it's still not very accurate. The only thing about it that looks like the movie model is the chest. Mabye if the legs were more accurate and it had better (or any) detailed paint apps I'd consider him.

9. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

strange, i think the voyager is what looks like the movie version, and i also think the voyager has better paint apps. i think the leader prime looks to far from the movie design to warrent a 45 dollar purchase, the leader to me looks to be worth about 30 bucks, maybe 35. either way, i held both versions in my hands at the same time and the voyager was the much better figure to me, i picked up the robo vision so it came packaged in it's robot mode so i was able to make a fare comparision. but thats just what i think

10. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

I agree that the Robovison looks better then the leader. Not that the leader isn't cool, just not worth the cash to me when the cheaper figures looks so much better.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    When I say accurate, I mean overall, including transformation, voyager's is just, well, random.

The Robovision version has no detailed paint apps. All it really has going for it is the silver. Whereas the regular version has details like lights windows on the chest and blue on the upper legs (among other details). The real problem for me is that the legs on the voyager look nothing like CGI model, while the Leader has the most accurate. The only thing I can see that's more accurate on the voyager is the arms, as the chest is missing a lot of sculpted details like the doors or the covers above the windshield.

12. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

well i'm not saying the leader isn't a great figure though, he looks awesome, but i just prefer the voyager. now the silver paint to me makes the figure. if the silver paint were a dull grey like on the leader, i would probably have no interest in this figure, which is one of my biggest grips on the leader prime, i hate the dull grey paint on the legs, it looks so cheap to me. the metallic paint to me looks more like the movie version than the dull grey with the blue spots of paint. i don't really care about the transformation honestly, none of the toys are going to transform like they do in the movie so hardly any figure is transforming accurate to the movie. when it comes down to it, the robot mode on the voyager to me looks more like movie version. but this is a pointless argument, i'm not going to change your mind and your not going to change mine, honestly, both figures have things that are movie accurate that the other figure doesn't have, it's juat a matter of which movie accurate traits you prefer, for me it's the voyager, for you, it's the leader. the only way i think we'll ever get the best of both worlds here is if takara does a master piece figure of optimus.

13. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Well, after picking up Robo-vision Prime, at last I can compare him to Leader Prime. As good as Voyager Prime looks, it's much too loose all around, nothing really clicks into place, and just feel floppy all around. In truck mode, nothing really clicks and lock into place.

But on topic, looks weird without the backpack...

14. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Mine is pretty solid, the two panels on his lower legs are a little floppy, but otherwise everything is tight in both modes. From all reports i'm hearing on all the movie toys it seems to be somewhat spotty QC. Heard lots of issues with Blackout as well but mine seems fine.

15. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

yea my voyager prime is the most solid figure i have from the movie line, everything locks and clicks into place just fine, i don't have leader prime, not yet anyways, maybe later i'll pic one up, but thats a big maybe. i also have blackout and i don't have any of the problem ppl seem to be having with theres, i've transformered him about 5 times since yesterday and everything works fine, the automorph is a bit of a pain to pull off but it still works. but i'm more of a collector, i don't play with my figures, i just leave them be on a shelf, except for blackout, hes to much fun lol

16. RunaR

RunaR Well-Known Member

If I get this figure (I'll go for the leader class first), then I'll leave the backpack on. Seeing his chest up side down on his back is more disturbing than seeing the front end of the truck on his back.