2D Artwork: Movie Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by superbdude1, Jul 30, 2009.

1. superbdude1

superbdude1 Member

Hi all, I'm new to the forums. Long time reader, first time poster. This contest was enough to get me to join, finally.

Here is my design: Movie Unicron. I wanted to do someone other than the season 1 G1 characters, and I thought of Unicron. There's been buzz around this guy a lot about whether he should or shouldn't be in the movies, so I really had to think to come up with a plausible story behind this guy. Here it is:

Unicron awoke countless eons ago knowing only one thing: hunger. An insatiable hunger that forced him to feed on planet after planet, always trying to keep his hunger at bay. After some time, Unicron began to question his existence. "Why was I created only to destroy? What is my true purpose?" He wondered. He came across a planet inhabited by intelligent beings who called themselves "Quintessons". Mindlessly, Unicron set about devouring their planet, realizing only too late the similarities between himself and the Quintessons. His search for answers had led him here, possibly to his birthplace, but he had doomed them to extinction before he could recieve any answers. In a last ditch effort, Unicron created a massive cube, and stored the collective knowledge of the Quintessons inside. He set the cube on a barren, uninhabited planet in the hopes that the cube would cultivate the land and build a new home for the Quintessons. He would return one day and finally have his answers.

Much time passed, and the world created by the cube became known to its inhabitants as "Cybertron." A primitive and foolish race, the cybertronians, unaware of their long lost heritage, began a war for control of the cube, now known to them as the "Allspark."

Unicron traced the cube's energy signature to a small organic world known locally as "Earth." Confused to find this world nothing like Quintesson, he soon learned the truth: that the war between the Cybertronians had sent the cube to this planet, where it was eventually destroyed through their warmongering. Unicron's chances of learning his true purpose were dashed, and he swore to punish the Cybertronians, Autobot and Decepticon alike, as well as the Earthlings who aided in the age-old struggle. Unicron's new mission was to destroy Earth.

so there ya go... kinda long, but I had to fill a lot of gaps. Anyway, here is the first picture of Unicron:

[​IMG]

I tried to incorporate as much G1 as I could while maintaining the movie style. You may notice his similarities to the Fallen. This is indeed intentional, as I'd imagine the Quintessons would look like the Fallen and his brothers before evolving into current cybertronians. I've got more on the way.

His "Planet Destroyer" mode:
    [​IMG]

his full robot mode:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  2. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

I'd hurry up if I was you... you only have a few hours left.. :p  But it looks awesome.

3. superbdude1

superbdude1 Member

I know! I didn't realize the deadline was so soon! I'm bustin' my ass to get the full thing in!

4. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very good.

5. Nemesis Chris

Nemesis Chris mental minibot

his robot mode looks like he has a vagina for a chest/stomach

6. hyperdrive89

hyperdrive89 Autobot Seeker

Very good integration of Unicron into the movie-verse .

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Now that this is moved to the Fan Art section, please attach your images, ok?

8. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

unicrotch