2D Artwork: movie TRYPTICON

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by derob2511, Jul 31, 2009.

1. derob2511

derob2511 cybertronian architect

decepticon robo-fortress trypticon

just did this a while ago.... if only i got more time i could have provided spot sketches for this decepticon city-base. But only came up with a speedpaint style.

Decepticon City mode:
    [​IMG]

Trypticon (decepticon fortress) mode:
    [​IMG]

*larger images attached

will try to add more details later if there's still time

initial sketch btw:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Don't really like it, to be honest...:(  Just seems like a Biollante existing out of buildings instead of plants. Shame you didn't have time to get more done though, because there is potential here.

3. derob2511

yeah i get where your heading, but in anycase, its the movieverse, and anything can happen. :D 

actually if only i have time, i could have worked on that previous grimlock i did 2 years ago grimlock bot for DMnet by ~derob2511 on deviantART

but anyway, i just felt the urge to join, seeing you and mitgas cool works. I just needed something fast. More stooges entry the merrier! too bad i wanted to see Jolin and Dynamo here

4. JakmanFirby

JakmanFirby The Jakman

News Credits:
    im sry.......This is the intial sketch and then all of a sudden BANG THAT IS AAWESOME

5. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

I actually like he Concet, maybe he should be a mit more detailed, and you could make Legs too, but the Overall Design is AWSOME !!! :rock 

6. derob2511

i usually start with a base sketch so that to have a general idea for the whole composition and to define the limits of the paper/canvass/screen

7. derob2511

thanks, i was thinking of something really different for this contest, i think this transforming city would be really unique.

Btw, it doesnt really move out of its place. But if it has to, it will crawl slowly, just like a sludge but only mechanical.

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I gotta agree with Ra88 that it reminds me of a Biollante made of buildings instead of plants.

However, unlike him, that is freaking awesome to me. Mostly because I looove Biollante, easily my favorite Godzilla villain.

9. Ice Winged Wolf

Ice Winged Wolf Active Member

I'm really creeped out by this (in a good way)! I love how this contest keeps having great and original throwbacks to G1 in unexpected but awesome ways!
    Plus, this is amazing seeing the change between the initial sketch and finished entry!