Movie Transformers weapons technology

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RedWolf, Oct 20, 2010.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Watching Transformers 2007 and ROTF I made these observations about Transformer weapons.

1. Most prefer projectile weapons. Whether bullets or missiles they use them. In Optimus' riffle it seems to be a designed for compressed air to shoot out the bullet. Megatron in 2007 a railgun of a sort. Others seems to be chemically explosive driven. As to where they get bullets Transformers likely grow them like regenerative metal armor.

2. Directed energy weapons. Transformers seem to use two different types. Orange hot one and the blue variety. I'm just going to speculate that the orange one that BB uses is plasma based as it melts right though Brawl. The blue one which Megatron uses could be particle based as it blasts Optimus flying during the forest battle of ROTF.

3. Melee weapons. Barricade , Blackout and Grindor has a spinning cutter weapon for melee. Ratchet also uses one. Megatron in his new form has an arm that is used to slash and stab. Scorponok stabs with its tail and drills.Optimus has his energon swords and hooks. Optimus can also throw his sword at an enemy. Sideswipe has his swords. Rampage uses his arms as whips.

4. Electromagnetic based weaponry. Several instances we see Transformers use electromagnetic based weapons. First was Blackout in attack at Qatar with a stomp. Jazz can magnetically attract objects such as disarming the Sector 7 agents. Ironhide and Starscream demonstrated EMP.

5. Transformers as missiles. Perhaps most devastatingly was orbital bombardment by transformers themselves as seen with the Fallen's attack on the aircraft carrier.

6. The Fallen is unique from others as he seems to have gravity manipulation ability. Though the Primes have a similar ability he could be stronger than they are.

2. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

Cool! lets not forget Blackout's and the Twins' grappling hook.

3. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Starscream has a spinning blade in ROTF and missiles, Devastator has bullet based guns (appears to),Bonecrusher, melee arm TFTM and arm cannon in ROTF, Jetfire has missles, and a battle axe. Dont know the extent of Jolt and Ratchet is supposed to have an EMP as well in addition to a bullet based gun.

4. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Yep. In Reign of Starscream, a Sector Seven agent says that they create weapons like humans shed hair and nails. And then complains about how unfair it is. :lol 

5. Megaconvoy

Megaconvoy Active Member

So the weapons would actually be shooting "waste"?

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The Fallen was super cool with his telekenisis. Shame he got defaced, I would've loved to she more borderline-mystical shit from him.

One of my favourite parts.

It's not waste if it's used by the body and put to good use, now is it?

Also you don't shed poop, if that's what you meant.

7. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

Would you call snake venom "waste"? How about bee stings or porcupine spines?

It's something specifically produced by the body to use as a weapon.

8. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

Damn poo-flinging autobots!

9. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    sorry but I don't remember something.when did ironhide and starscream use emp guns?I just can't remember

10. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    The first movie Ironhide kinda punched the ground and disabled Sector Seven's SUVs. The second movie, Starscream didn't use it as a gun, but used an EMP to disable NEST's communications and electronic devices.

11. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

Autbots need secert weapons like arielbots

12. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I took it to relate to trimming your fingernails/hair. Regardless of how you get rid of it, they'll grow back.

13. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    oh I do remember now!thanks

14. Rollcage

Rollcage Dance Commander

I really like how they did weapons in the live action movies. It makes sense that the Transformers themselves would use parts of their bodies for offense/defense. I love how the weapons are built in the arms/shoulders etc. It's a really great effect and makes alot more sense as too where they reload their missiles.. Why have weapons in vehicle form and then have to rely on an actual gun in robot mode?

Jolt uses 'Electro whips' and Rachet has the sweetest looking gun out of all the Autobots.