Movie toys almost here.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OdeeanRDeathshead, Mar 5, 2009.

1. OdeeanRDeathshead

OdeeanRDeathshead Infiltrator

I did my rounds today looking for some Animated but was sadly disappointed. Here is the run down on what I found (I know this could be in the sightings forum, but I think it would be interesting to a wider audience) :

KMart has run down all current TF stock with no new toys being put out since Christmas. They have a large display of 2007 Supreme Bumblebees that are fresh meaning that they think buying new (old) stock is going to do better than Animated/Univers.

Target has fully stocked their shelves since I looked last week. The new stock is all 2007 movie lines, again new (old) toys. Where do they get this stuff from.

BigW has rearranged the transformers section to be about four times the size it was last week. It was almost totally empty. BigW has not had any new stock since October last year. Traditionally they have had some of the biggest Transformers displays. Back in energon they had sales like %50 off omega supreme. This really seems like they are putting all their eggs in the movie basket.

The shops I checked today were all in eastgardens NSW (I live in Australia) but on other occasions I have covered many similar shops in the eastern suburbs. . This shows the situation in Australia is going to be much worse than the US. At least you guys are getting some other toys at this stage.

I am about to dump all my available funds into online purchases of transformers. Bad luck for local retailers because this leaves little left for ROTF.

2. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    there still pushing that old crap?

3. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where in the Eastern Suburbs do you live? I used to live on Oberon Street in Coogee with my wife though we just moved back to the US just over a year ago.

I used to shop all the time at Eastgardens...though TF prices are high there.

4. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Here's the breakdown in my area:

TRU: Not alot of TFA or TFU figures - just the usual peg/shelfwarmers. They have been getting in TFTM deluxes Wave 1 recently for a couple weeks in a row. They still have their TFTM exclusive voyager and ultra figures.

Walmart: Loaded on older TFA and barely any TFU at all. Sometimes a good place to hit for the TFU/TFA Legends class. Just recently got stuff like Inferno in stock.

Target: Lots of older TFA deluxes lately, due to their sale; but those are mostly pegwarming. Shelf space is still saturated with older voyagers and leader class.

Fred Meyers: The oldest stuff. You can still find Wave 1 material from TFA and TFU.

5. OdeeanRDeathshead

OdeeanRDeathshead Infiltrator

I lived very near there on Beach Street in Coogee for a few years. Now I live in Kensington. This is really a great place to get Transformers. It is the middle of the triangle of the City, Bondi Jn and Pagewood where large shops are. Also the high population density makes the volume of toys that pass through here high.

6. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

What I found interesting - my Kmart, in the US mind you, just redid their action figure shelves. They moved all the Transformers from the general aisle and stuck them where they keep the seasonal movie-related toys. And every tag where Universe stuff would have been? ROTF movie price tags.

Of course they don't have ROTF toys on the shelf, but it's neat and cool to see that the frenzy is approaching.

7. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Same here. I noticed that yesterday when I went to find the Transformer MM's.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

So I might get another shot at all those movie toys I missed?

I hope I can at least grab a Ratchet and maybe even Scorponok.

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

That would be nice... get caught up on the movie toys.

I especially need to get Blackout. Dang it, I had two figures of him... the first one I accidentally dropped and he broke, and the second had a little deformity that hindered me from being able to transform him into copter mode completely.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

There's that upcoming Whirl repaint of the Evac retool of Blackout, unless you want the actual Blackout figure.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

The actual Blackout. That way I can have all the Decepticons from the 1st movie.

12. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    TFA isn't moving very fast in a lot of the stores in the Springs. Other stores are wayyyy more ahead, with fresh Waspinator and Wreck-Gar cases.

Universe is about up to speed with Smokes and Dinobot everywhere else, but it doesn't look like the stores are restocking.