Movie toy opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wolfwood390, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Wolfwood390

Wolfwood390 Resident TRU Emplyee

I was wondering, for those of you who have some of the movie figures, how is the articulation of the robot mode. I'm looking at pictures of the various movie figures and they don't look like they have a whole lot of range of motion, almost like the G1 toys. I would thought they would of fashioned the movie figures like they did for the alternators, to get that realistic look and feel.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm not sure which movie figures you're refering to, but they all have outstanding articulation, far past even the most poseable G1 figure.

The later figures are by far the best. One's of mention are Leader Brawl, Leader Prime, both deluxe BBs, Dropkick, Longarm, even Payload. Starscream, Ratchet, Ironhide...

The only figures who hve standard or mediocre articulation are Deluxe Brawl, Jazz and... noone else really.

Trust me, you have nothing to fear with the movie line. Most have more articulation than any Alt.

3. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Brawl begs to differ :p 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I could see Barricade as being somewhat inferior as far as articulation goes (great though I think he is anyway), because of how parts like his hands and hips/legs are designed. Even so, articulation comparable to G1?! Definitely not.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    ^ Truth.

Pretty much every non-movie/in-game/non-repaint figure sans Swindle and Dreadwind are top notch.

I forgot about him. He has good, but not great articulation, but the figure is awesomesauce regardless.

6. Wolfwood390

Well then Hasbro's advertising don't do the figures any justice cus DilaZirK's pics are what sold me lol. All the stock pics Ive seen didn't look too good. Well I appreciate the feedback and I guess I'll be making some purchases, though I'm bummed jazz isn't as good as the rest.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was think that's what you went off. Hasbro can't even TF there own toys half the time, let alone pose them.

Jazz is still good, he's still a good purchase has he can acheive enough poses to still look cool. Plus he's a ton 'o' fun!

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

i like most of them, but they have their highs and lows just has any other line have had before.

9. Wolfwood390

10. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Hooray, I have helped Hasbro make more money!

...wait a minute...

I'm not quite sure what you mean with that question...

If you're referring to the mold, then yes, that is Leader Class Optimus Prime, whom you can see standing right next to my Brawl up there, minus the godly paint job.

11. Wolfwood390

Yea I meant the mold. I was just looking at more pics to see how the articulation was, and based on his and yours I'm liking the figures more and more. Also does the optimus come with a sword? sorry for all the questions, I haven't gotten a TF figure in a long time, Iv been a gundam guy for a while.

12. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Unfortunately, there isn't a version of TFTM Prime that comes with his sword from the movie. I've seen a few people do decent customs, though...

13. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    In general

Movie Toys > All TF Toys ever (with a few exceptions)

The level of detail, alt mode realism, and articulation (on most molds) is beyond anything that has ever been rpoduced before (the only thing that comes clse to this level of awesomeness is the RiD Car Bros (Prowl specifically) and Magnus and Prime).

Never before have I enjoyed a TF line quite so much (and i've been collecting for 14 years now), and the stark contrast between the movie style and the animated style has left me wishing that they'd made more waves of figures for the movie.