Movie Toy Hope Please

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jamarmiller, Jul 22, 2007.

1. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay I havent bought a Transformer toy since Robots in Disguise but now that I have seen the movie I got to say I HAVE to have one of each character from the movie

but there is so many versions out there, I want one set to display all together on one shelf, so which ones do you recommend I get ( also I want both camaro versions of bumble Bee

thanks for the help

the movie was just so dammm cool got to get me these toys LOL

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Just get the biggest version of each character (except Ultimate BB).

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Here's the ones I've got / am getting:

Voyagers Blackout and Starscream, Blackout comes with Scorponok so that's my Scorponok right now. On the Autobot side, Voyagers Robovision Optimus, Ratchet and Ironhide.

Deluxes Bumblebee, Jazz, Barricade and Bonecrusher

Leader Megatron, waiting on Leader Brawl to round out the core cast.

Also thinking of getting Robot Replicas Frenzy as he's pretty much the only accurate Frenzy robot mode toy, though I'll also get the FAB for transforming. Barricade does come with a Frenzy, though, so he might do for your Movie cast.

As regards the other scales I passed over:

Deluxe Brawl - well documented flaws with his shoulders drove me away. Also, the Leader is more "in scale" with the Autobots, though scale is relative since the Decepticons are all smaller than they should be.

Voyager Megatron - Megatron's the weakest in almost any size class, his alien look really didn't translate to toy form all that well. However, he's meant to be really big so the Leader Class covers that, also the Voyager class has some real issues with his feet - the heels fold up if you pick him up, because of the way they are designed. This means that he can't be posed with one leg off the ground - the feet won't allow for it. The Leader also has more features, like the Fusion cannon and the flail arm.

Leader Optimus - okay, I confess Leader Optimus may be the better choice for you. Voyager has the more Movie accurate transformation, due to where the arms go, but the Leader is a better scale against the rest of the Autobots (Voyager is more in scale with the Decepticons, especially Bonecrusher, who is meant to be the same size as Prime but is only a small Deluxe, so the smaller the Prime you have posed with him, the better the look). Truck mode on the Leader is majestic though, totally amazing. I like my Voyager class Optimus but the Leader has a lot going for it too.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I also sterted out just getting one of each character:

Deluxes:
    Both BB's (haven;t found '08 yet though:( )
    Jazz
    Barricade
    Bonecrusher
    Scorponok

Voyagers:
    Starscream
    Blackout
    Ironhide
    Ratchet

Leaders:
    Optimus
    Megatron
    Brawl (when its released)

I also got the non-movie character toys, but couldn't resist branching out a little bit and got Robo Vision Prime (meh) FAB Blackout (couldn't resist the cuddly/evil face:lol ) and Ledgends BB and Barricade.