Movie Toy Confusion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SilverDragon, May 7, 2008.

1. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    At school I've found a bunch of fellow fans. They aren't as old as me, but whatever, doesn't matter.

There is one thing I'm curious about: they're all convinced that there is a Voyager-class Bonecrusher and a Leader-class Starscream due to come out, allegedly next year.

Despite not having heard of these toys yet (or seen them in shops), I was curious. I went on the TF wiki and found no mention of them. Even when I showed them the glaring abscence of a leader-class Starscream toy on the site which would obviously list them, they said that they weren't there because they weren't out.

On that logic, why are there listings for Animated toys?

So, are there really such things? I can't really think of any other gimmicks that a Voyager-Bonecrusher could have, since he's only really got the Fork and the extending arms. Leader Starscream could be possible, given that he's the highest-ranked Decepticon left alive for the sequel, but since we have no knowledge of toys from the sequel, we don't know if this will happen.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Hasbro has no plans for either of them. They said they'd look into making bigger ones last Botcon but since then it has been pure wishful thinking on the part of the fans. I don't even know where next year came from, since that would be Movie 2, but there's nothing known about toys for that yet.

3. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

I've been reading a lot about this myself. As I understand it, Bonecrusher was one of the largest Decepticons in the movie, but because he has such little screen time Hasbro and Takara elected to make him a Deluxe class instead of anything bigger. You hear a lot of rumors around leader Starscream, but that's mostly because almost everyone hates his hands. and his alt mode is terrible, second only to Leader Megatron. The same is true for Blackout (who really should have been a leader class, instead of Brawl.)

Long story short: don't expect new, bigger molds of anything. And even if Hasbro announces something, remember that it takes 9-12 months for them to do anything about it. Logic dictates that we would see a Leader Starscream sometime next year in prep for TF2. Of course, there will probably be a whole new Prime as well, with trailer/backpack or whatever. And new Autobots and Decepticons. But whatever.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seems to be a lot of misunderstanding going around about larger Decepticons and I think it stems from the comments that some Hasbro reps made at this last Botcon about 'anyone from the first movie is on the table for the sequel' which really means very little. Fans have been going on and on about a Voyager Bonecrusher and a Leader Starscream forever, but they're nowhere in site right now. Maybe movie two, but nothing has even been confirmed for it.

I'm willing to guess the next big fan 'unconfirmed but is comming' will be a Leader Lugnut. Frankly, I think all of this is just fans wishing in one hand while shitting in another.

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i agree with all. its just alot of wishful thinking, even on my own part. to take a badass character as bonecrusher, only like 10 mins screen time if that, and make him a deluxe based on that was stupid. i really think the only deluxes should have been bb, jazz, barricade and scorp. and the whole no hands for SS? Come on that has just been another huge mistake, should have at least fixed for the deep space SS.

Ok now I am just going off topic. done.

6. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

But what kind of figure would it be if it didn't have spring loaded missiles!

Seriously, one scene where Starscream blows up the power plant ruined his figure.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think what they should have done is make the launcers/barrels able to slide over his regular hands (and they should have included that cool flip out blade from his FAB too). This way you could have his blasters or his normal hands and it would have been fairly simple to engineer as well. Oh well, maybe for the sequel...

8. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Not happening, only speculation.

9. permie

permie Well-Known Member

I sorta like the Movie SS figure for some reason. I guess I'm not as G1 fanboy as I thought...

10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Because several of the figures are out either from sellers overseas or from people from Ohio which was the test market for the first wave of toys. Plus Prototypes and test shots have been available since Q4 of 2007.