Movie Title?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by janeDoe001, Jan 14, 2011.

1. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    News Credits:
    I wasn't sure if I should hijack another thread or not (if the moderators would like they can move this to a similar topic) but here goes:

I watched this movie almost 11 years ago in my 10th grade english class. It takes place during the depression.

So this one guy dies due to a heart attack and his will declares that the woman who has the most children born between the year of his death (1926) and ten years from it will receive an inheritance of 1 million dollars. This one newspaper decides to round up all of the woman who have a chance of winning the inheritance and keep track of their tally all the while selling newpapers with information to keep the public up to date.

Now the man who died is apparently a cruel and spiteful man, he once bought a mansion and moved in three men who couldn't stand each other into it just for laughs.

I'll spare you the whole ending but after the deadline the result ends up going to court.

I have no clue as to any of the actor/actresses names (I thought a main character, a news writer, was played by Nicole kidman but I was wrong) nor do I know what the character's name is. A big quote from the movie is 'This is a big miscarrage of justice' if that helps any.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, let alone what the title of the movie is, I will be very grateful. Thanks in advance.