movie threads not being merged

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by MTME, Jul 29, 2012.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi,
    I don't mean to be rude or anything but we've had a number of tf4 threads pop up in the movie forum and I've reported them all as needing to be merged into the megathread but after a couple of weeks and multiple reporting they still haven't been moved. Multiple people have even told these people in the thread to tell them about the megathread but the OP are usually rude telling the people (and I'm not referring to me) "so what this is my thread and I want answers here" type stuff. AAAAAnnd it is starting arguments. Can these threads be merged? Is there a particular reason they aren't? Is the reporting feature not working? (again I mean that seriously not rudely).

2. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there is also the matter of a certain user bumping up a lot of old tf4 threads with one word answers and NOT contributing to the thread just bumping old tf4 threads, I've reported those tooo, AND between me posting my last post and this one there are already 2 more tf4 threads, it's rediculous

3. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    three hours later two more threads

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, your reports are coming through.

Fact of the matter is, TF4 is happening, so like it or not there will be lots of threads on the movie. Where appropriate we will merge, but we will look at it on a case by case basis.

Also please cut us some slack, half the movie forum mods are currently away at TFcon or on other vacations, we can't spend all our time on here.

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
  6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I appreciate that, guess I'm just surprised at the number of threads not being merged is all (and the guy that keeps bumping the old ones with no contribution to the thread) I realize people are busy and while I would be more than happy to help in any way I'm not a mod.

7. GogDog

News Credits:
    If you see a thread you don't like, don't click on it. It's been explained to you over and over for years. Report them if you wish. Nothing more. We're not going to justify our actions or lack thereof.

8. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would like to read the thread, that's not the issue, it has not "been explained to me for years" I had a concern that wasn't being addressed and I brought it here.

9. GogDog

News Credits:
    Your concern is that when you report posts, and it's not handled immediately in the way you desire, you start publicly asking if the report feature is working, if we are even reading it, and want an explanation as to why we are not resolving the issue as you desire. This happens every few months, and we give the same response each time.

We appreciate you reporting posts. But if we do not act on it, you're just going to have to assume we didn't feel action was warranted. There is no reason to assume the report post feature is broken. There is no reason to publicly start calling us out because we didn't merge a certain thread. Accept that it's not going to happen and move on.