2D Artwork: Movie Style Sunstreaker and more!

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by EmperorDinobot, Aug 15, 2011.

1. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sunstreaker is very much like his brother, just more arrogant. The autobots don't get along too well with him, because of his tendency to be unorthodox in most subjects, and because he demands everything to be done neatly, which is why he prefers long range guns than melee weapons, unlike his brother. He avoids physical confrontation at all costs in fear of getting his shine and polish dirty or damaged, but isn't afraid to get into a smackdown with a Decepticon to show off his weapons and abilities, and since he is 100% sure he will be the winner, he's willing to sacrifice a bit of regenerable body paint in order to plant a flag onto his enemy's skull. His weapon of choice is a cybertronian plasma rifle, which burns through thick armor with a few shots. He's every bit as quick as his brother, despite his somewhat burlier appearance. He's also capable of short range flights.

His alt mode is an old school Ferrari F50 (upon entering Earth).

He is cooler than Jazz. Difference is...Jazz was nicer.

My gallery: EmperorDinobot on deviantART

Attached Files:

2. grindor941

grindor941 Member

cool

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think this is really cool overall, and I certainly see where you're going with the design.

I'm getting kind of a Mudflap-type vibe from the head design, though. There's a bit too much of Bumblebee coming through as well, both in color and in design (the left arm for example).

Also, does Sunstreaker have to be yellow? What other colors could be used to still reference "sunstreaker"?

Anyways, those are a few of my thoughts. Certainly thanks for sharing your work :) 

4. mandiprime97

mandiprime97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    kewlness

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I think he might still work as yellow, just a more vibrant less orange yellow than Bumblebee.

6. EmperorDinobot

I think he should be yellow in order to relay the fact that he is a SUN Streaker, and that he's a somewhat iconic TF Character. Sure, you can paint Dino/Mirage red, and Wheeljack blue, but if Sunstreaker had been featured in the films, I would have preferred if he were yellow/orange.

As for the Mudflap/Skidz face comment. Um. I don't get what you mean. I NEVER meant for him to look like those ugly, deformed fools. I hand drew this all, and sometimes markers screw up the initial drawing, so if it looks distorted to the point where it reminds you of the twins then...either I suck or you're seeing things, lol.
    I went for a sort of classics, normal face. Not for totally alien and with many mouths type of thing (like LongHaul or Sideways who have two upper lips/mandibles/paper shredder and one lower). I have other sketched, but I kind of already posted these here like 3 yrs ago or something. Might as well re-post them again, and start sketching again. I have all these weird movie style TF's written all over my notebooks. I should make full drawings out of them. Anywho, here's a GoBot I did for a contest 4 yrs ago:
    [​IMG]
    And Titanus from PR:
    [​IMG]

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think Sunstreaker in orange would rock, because it keeps with the sun theme, but it's different from G1 :) 

8. EmperorDinobot

Yeah, well, I don't have my colors with me. And I don't use photoshop. I'll ask someone on Deviantart if they wanna do a collab.

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I think Gold would be nice

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I think the size of his eyes in relation to his head, and his trademark ears are what's bringing in the Twins comparisons. That and his slightly hunched posture.

11. EmperorDinobot

I'll soon scan and upload what his head design should really be like. And I agree with the gold color scheme. Maybe someday I'll re-do it. I never meant to make it look like the twins, though, yeesh! I meant for it to look like a sort of cross between Sideswipe and Bumblebee. Sort of like a fatter Sideswipe with a hulking backpack (Sideswipe's backpack is two smallish wings. I wanted this guy to have a less functional backpack that's essentially a short cape (Like Robin's old cape) that's meant to be the vehicle mode's spoiler).
    This, like most of my drawings is just a sketch. Hopefully someday I'll do a final version.

12. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

Do you mind if I do a custom based off of this?