3D Artwork: Movie-Style MotorMaster WIP

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by MasterShake, Jan 24, 2011.

1. MasterShake

MasterShake 4th Face of Blitzwing

Movie-Style MotorMaster FINISHED

Alright here's my other go at a transformer. This time I'm trying to create something that is already in TF universe rather than creating my own characters. Still there isn't much difference considering the fact that I'm the artist and have all the creative freedom over this project...I just love Motormaster, that's why I'm making him.

I'm trying to insert hints of his G1 self into the model. For example, later on, he will have the square scoop over his head and all that.

So, here are the first headshots, the head is still incomplete, but it's already shaping out to what I kind of had in mind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, I am using the Stunticons logo with a bandana around it. I hope the creator of it doesn't mind.

[​IMG]

And here's his alt mode. Following the Movie-Prime's example, it's a semi...yeah boo if you want to. It's a Peterbilt 359 truck.

EDIT: Final render.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

cool, cant wait to see him finished. the decepticon with bandana is based on m signature picture right ?? I found it a while ago on a site but i donn't remeber where, i too thought that it would be the perfect logo for the stunticons.

3. MasterShake

Yeah, your sig served as an inspiration. And I do agree it seems to be very fitting for stunticons.

Here's a quick update. I finished the head and made an engine and the transmission that forms the inner chest and the shoulders.

[​IMG]

I'm really proud of how the transmission/shoulders form. The entire transmission and the gears inside split down the middle and some of the gears rotate to face the the un-cut side out and others remain facing in.

Engine still needs work though.

Attached Files:

4. MasterShake

Further progress. I'm discovering that available truck parts are already running out and I'm not even done with the upper torso....time to cheat.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

looks good so far.ยด

6. MasterShake

Thanks. Robot parts are complete and I'm finally starting to place the panels around.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Wow, looks awesome, I really like his backpack. Keep up the good work!

8. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Dang you work quickly. Might I suggest you bulk up his forearms just slightly? They look a little flat to me.

What program are you using? I've been trying to find a good one to actually do some more advanced 3D stuff like this in.

9. TFchronos

TFchronos Warrior of Cybertron

He's coming along quite well, great work and very nice use of the tires on his back, keep it up. :thumbs2: 

10. MasterShake

Thanks guys. I've finished putting all the panels together, but I don't think there will be an animation for it...I'm just not feeling it. Though I will post a fully textured render to top it off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also I'm going to make a scale comparison to Optimus Prime when I make the final render.

Attached Files:

11. MasterShake

Alright here are the final renders. Once again they could have came out better, but my machine is not as powerful as I'd like it to be.

[​IMG]

also here's the scale comparison I promised. I made a pathetic attempt to make MM's panels look worn out via photoshop, but...meh...

[​IMG]

as I intended, he's shorter, but much bulkier and has way more chest armor...who knows, maybe...just maybe...

Attached Files:

12. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

Hmm, based on your earlier renders of this guy, i'd say it came out rather well. I think it's lacking a bit of the Move aesthetic's intricacy, as in all the pistons and what not being visible in the final product (cuz i know you put them under the panels, but what's the worth if we can't see them?). But overall, its a good design, but not really movie.

13. MasterShake

Thanks for the review and yeah I know what you mean. I was kind of disappointed when the shoulder pistons were covered up, but they are still visible at a certain angle. Meh, all the little failures only add up to the greater victory. Eventually I will master the Movie style...eventually.

Now that a think about it, it actually looks like a weird hybrid between Movie and Prime style.

14. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

That's actually exactly what i was thinking, its like 1/2 movie and 1/2 prime, but since prime is already kinda movie...3/4 movie and 1/4 Animated/Cybertron/something

15. MasterShake

As a request of a very good friend of mine, I decided to crack and make the transformation animation. This is a very first and also very rough preview with a lot of intersections and all the junk that camera shouldn't see. Tell me what you guys think.

YouTube - 3D MotorMaster transformation preivew

16. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Nice work! Both static render and animation are awesome. The animation actually makes me think of the animatics that are sprinkled throughout the DVDs of the movies, if that sentence makes sentence. What program do you use, and how long does this all take?

17. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    Awesome work! Your animation looks good, and I really like his face design.

18. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

Wow! That animation is most impressive. How in the world did you keep all of that straight in your head when you were planning?! I was genuinely stunned by the complexity. Seeing all of the parts move around does give it more of a movie feel. I like it a lot!

Edit: My only complaint is that your images are really dark. I had to increase the brightness on my monitor to the point where everything but the artwork was completely washed out. This was true for the 2D as well as the animation.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  19. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is some really sharp work. I hope that you'll continue to make more! :thumb 

20. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    love it!