Minor/Repaint: Movie Starscream with arm mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by LemonPrime, Aug 4, 2008.

1. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Edit 08/06/08: Added more pictures of his arm mod.

I finished my Movie Starscream a while back (March or April, I think). The base coat is a mix of Games Workshop Mithril and Fortress Grey. Can't really tell from the pictures, but the 'bot parts got a bit more Mithril to make them shiny while the F-22 mode got more of the subdued grey.
    I'm especially proud of the camo (also a mix) since I didn't have an airbrush but still got that "fuzzy-edge" look by just watering down the paint and brushing it on with a fat brush, waiting for it to dry, then doing it again until I could even it out. Final touch was the Reprolabels set and some dullcote.

I did the arm mod just a few weeks ago when I found a Jungle Bonecrusher arm in a mall parking lot.

I used clippers to cut the sides of the bottom piece that normally attaches to the Bonecrusher figure and sanded the remaining "post" to fit right into one of the barrels on Starscream's arm canons (see 6th pic).

The cool thing is that I can fold it back on the arm's hinges, so I can just rotate his arm/weapon assembly to reveal two missiles (2nd and 3rd pics). I like leaving two of the missiles in because they make it look like his arm tapers down into a forearm with a hand. So the arm ends up being just a bit long and missing a finger, but it's close enough for me. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Looks real cool! :cool:  I love seeing all the different versions of hand mods everyone does on movie 'Screamer!!:thumb  Yours is awesome and very original!

3. Sentinel Pax

Sentinel Pax Well-Known Member

That looks pretty cool. Nice paint job on the figure as well as the hand mod.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Interesting take on modding SSs arms.

5. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Mods look good. Would love to see better pics of the arms in place.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Agreed! I love how you took a really different approach with this mod. Awesome find man! :thumb 

7. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Thanks for the comments everybody. I've added four more pictures of the arm mod and will try to take some better shots of how it looks with 'bot mode in the next couple of days.

8. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like you're on the right track to making arm for SS that don't kill his jet mode.

ooh... wonder if encline would consider doin' a SS that was to scale w/ the smaller bots like BB & his custom Prime.

Or someone else (myself included) could try to make one from a model kit that transformed...

Too bad Deathwing vanished like he did...