Movie Starscream protoform gallery with Catalog Scan

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by charle5!, Jan 28, 2007.

1. highball22

highball22 Banned

I agree

2. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Prime and Megs are taken from this wierd overhead fisheye angle that is making their legs curve under them and appear shorter.

Colors or no colors the prototypes for both of these clearly seem to have better proportions. Anyways, I wonder what the deal is with the flames behind Megatron's neck. Sometimes I think that if we saw him with the huge wings and arm cannons first, people wouldve liked him a bit more.

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Agreed. I think he looks great with the wings; like a cyber-demon or something.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, we know Ratchet is a Voyager and Ironhide is rumored to be one too. No Voyagers listed on the brochure for some reason, hence no listings for Ratchet or Ironhide. Considering that we've seen Ratchet in box with Blackout on his back... I'd say they're probably both part of wave one also. But like other brochures they don't necessarily show you everything that's available at once... and I don't seriously think that Hasbro wouldn't release any of their Voyagers right away... they'd have a least one or two available as part of their first wave of movie figures.

The one thing that interests me is this: we saw Blackout on the back of Ratchet's box, but is Blackout the other wave one Voyager Decepticon or is he an Ultra? And if he's an Ultra and we know Screamer is a Voyager... is he the Voyager that's being released in the first wave with Ratchet?

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, the wings definitely help Megatron IMO. I don't like the actual animation design, but the toy is a must buy for me because the giant wings make him look more like a TF... I wonder if he's got arm cannons of any kind sense we know he has at least one giant one in the movie?

...albeit it looks as if it morphs out of his arm in the movie...

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Jazz looks awesome

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Kids will probably love the Optimus arm thingy. I like the Jazz figure, but otherwise I'm not interested in any of them. I like how articulated they seem to be though, so that's cool.

8. Sarge

Sarge Autobot Squad Leader

News Credits:
    I am sure this thread would get a lot more hits if the Scans of the color leader/delux's were made a seperate post and clearly indecated in the title.

9. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    I don't like it. If it were for something else, maybe Voyager size and not Transformers related, then I would get it.

10. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

These aren't even close to the RiD deluxes. Sorry, they're not.

These guys integrate vehicle parts into their bodies, ala G1 in many respects. The car brothers are highly overrated shellformers with a totally different aesthetic.

I think Jazz has grown on me.

I think that once someone gets there hands on the Prime and Megatron and snaps a few pics, they'll look better.

11. Waspinator

Waspinator Active Member

Yeah i'm passing!

I cannot wait until next January or so when Hasbro announces whats next for the Classics line! That is if there is a Classics line next year... I hope they still make more. Just picked up the new wave (also the last) and it really left me wanting more...

12. butz

butz slippery when wet

I kinda like them, but not Leader Class Prime. If theres a smaller one, thats the one I'll be buying, but Leader class size for a cab-only Prime sounds like it'll be way to big (compared to the other figures) for my liking.
    I think Jazz looks pretty cool, btw.

13. highball22

highball22 Banned

Change the TITLE of this TOPIC!

This topic ain't about protoform starscream. It's about the catalog scans! Prime, Megs, BB, Jazz etc. IN COLOR!!!

Protoform is OLD news.

Come on MODS! This topic should be getting way more comments.

14. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    I like Prime. I didn't think I would, They all look ok, but something about the heads, especially bumblebees, just bothers me...can't put my finger on it yet.

15. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    whats on the back of this catalog?

16. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Not bad, I'll definitely be picking up the Deluxes. And movie Megs doesn't look that bas as well as a figure...but Prime, I'm kinda iffy about--a little bit too wide and clunky in bot mode for my tastes.

By any chance, do we know what size class the other, skinnier prototype Prime with rifle smokestacks is? I would've prefer seeing color pics of him so far....

17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That's an interesting question if I do say so myself. Anyone got the answers?

...although, if I were to hazard a guess, it's probably just artwork or something like it usually is for Hasbro catalogs...

18. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I TOTALLY agree with you on that. MY thoughts: YOUR words

19. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There aren't any Ultra-class toys in the movie line, they go straight from Voyagers to Leader Class.

20. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I was convinced that I would not be buying any of the movie toys due to my dislike for the overall designs, then I saw the uncolored proto pics of Prime (x 2) and Meg's a couple of weeks ago and started thinking that I might get them afterall. But now, seeing them in color in all of their excessively kibbled out-of-proportion with long-arms-down-to-their-knees glory, there's no way I'm spending money on these things.

On a side note, I really thought they were going to try to keep the toy sizes somewhat in scale with each other by separating them into a few different size classes (deluxe, voyager, leader, etc.) and not just making Prime & Meg's the big guys while everyone else is the same height as deluxes. Weird.