2D Artwork: Movie Starscream progress

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Shmoptimus Prime, May 7, 2008.

1. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Hey everyone, I have been fascinated with that big ape called Movie Starscream lately and have decided to do some sketches of him. I don't know why I find him to be so interesting to look at, but maybe it has something to do with a lot of people hating him. Here's my first attempt, with nothing for reference but the toy I got off ebay and some leaked concept art (cause the movie hadn't come out yet):

Original with colors

and the one I did last week with a reference for all the complex parts (no colors yet):

2nd attempt

What do you guys think? I also got a sketch of Arcee, but not much else for TFs. I am working on a couple other movie-based sketches, but they might not be up for a while. Enjoy!

2. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

Looks good, man--I especially like the second one. It's going to look great colored. Keep it up!

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I too like the second on a lot.:thumb  Not quite sure I understand the colours on the first one.

4. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Well, it was hard to make him interesting looking in color because he's basically just tan and gray, plus, like I said, I didn't really have a reference aside from the toy, which isn't much help.