Customs: Movie Starscream: New leg (AKA Ra needs an extra Screamer >_<)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ra88, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I like movie Screamer, but his large, inaccurate head, various little details, the gun arms and especially his short legs annoyed the SLAG out of me, especially since he was a lot longer in the movie (just look at him while Sam and Megs are on that rooftop, he has quite long legs after all). So yesterday I was looking for a better leg (again), when it suddenly struck me. I unscrewed a few things, added a few lego parts, popped in PG Strike Gundam hands into the cannons, and HOLY crap, does he look way better now! Even the head looks more in proportion!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The obvious downside: It requires two legs to make a new one, so I'm going to have to buy a different one. Oh, and he doesn't transform anymore. *Sigh* Oh well. Hmmn...Maybe I could use the second one's torso to make his back accurate as well...

Oh, one more thing: Right now, his lower leg is floppy as hell. I think it just needs the hip to become stable again, but I could be wrong. I would test it out, but that hip is annoying as hell to pop out (looks like he has an unusual hip assembly, terrific). So if you want to try this, watch out for that. As for the new knee: It are two of those Lego Exo-Force joints, naturally complete with blocks. That way his knees can rotate sideways as well as up and down.

2. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I never thought that Gundams hand would fit that good in those barrels ! I gotta copy that with my spare GD hands :D 

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Then you shouldn't do it IMO.

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    NOTE: I used the PG's hands, which are 1:60 in scale. It may not work with smaller Gundams. Besides, I doubt I'm keeping those. I would love to, but you know, helluva expensive kit and all that.

And why's that? Hell, his altmode already sucks ass, only way to save it is remove the arms and legs (tried it while disassembling him, he looks MUCH better that way, but still crappy).

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Looks cool, nice work.

Some used the Doc Oc claws. Isn't there a way you could attach a missle stub to the wrist so you can take (or fire) his hand. Then he can transform

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    It's not the hands that are the problem. It's the new legs. Maybe I'll give him balljointed hips and shoulders; then I could pop his legs and arms off while transforming him...