Minor/Repaint: Movie Starscream mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by EvaUnit13, Aug 5, 2008.

1. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Just a little mod that I got from rmgoody08 on YouTube. Just take off the arms from the shoulder and then clip a section of the joint and the arms can pop on and off, and even hold a missile in it. Then I took off the screws at the hip joints so that the legs can come off, they can go back on but they're a little looser than when I did this to my original Movie Starscream. This thins his plane mode down a lot but makes him a large parts former but I'm okay with that

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2009
  2. luke4

luke4 crocon

the jet looks to thin now

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This toy grew on me, but I hope that the next round of movie toys will give us a Starscream that actually looks like a robot in disguise and not a robot folded up under a jet shell.

I'd also say that the jet looks a little thin now, but if you're cool with it, that's great. Perhaps you could push this idea and solve our problem with making a Starscream that transforms decently in alt mode? I think if you're willing to partsform your Starscream that you'd perhaps be willing to kitbash him to see what you could come up with to solve your problem. :) 

4. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I like the look without the arms, but I'd worry about that part that gets cut on the joint. I think with too much popping on/off or the wrong amount of force, that little clip might break off (then again, that can be said for any Tranformer part). Still, it's kind of a simpler mod than some of the others we've seen with magnets and so on, so that's a plus for slightly less adventurous customizers like myself.

5. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I keep thinking that this mold looks better than the 2nd (in terms of torso, but not the back of the alt mode), but that there has to be a way to make long thin arms (no missiles, their gimmick is not worth the bulk) that fold up to be the rear half of the fuselage (maybe a G1 bot would yield this needed trick) & legs that collapse on themselves to become the front half (with the thighs maybe thinner, but with the lower legs & feet tucked inside a shell...).

I still have too many projects I'm working on mentally to try to do this one in my head at the moment, but those two mods would crush the 2nd movie's mold in a heartbeat...

6. closetrat

News Credits:
    ...I'd even be willing to suffer the bulk of the original missiles pods, if re-worked into the jet-pack (love that idea of iDarkDesign...) for bot mode, but only if they were included as an optional accessory for both modes...

7. closetrat

News Credits:
    the shoulders could be a simple rotation joint on the support struts, (kill the shoulder piece?) that would allow them to fold inside the arm support struts, to make the wings completely clean from the front view...

8. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Cool! I think it makes the jet look more sleek.

9. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Yeah. I agree. I think the jet look very sleek and more realistic :) 

10. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    It looks really good! I might as well pop of the leg's on mine too. I'll see what it looks like tonight. With all the partsforming going on, popping of the legs won't bother me.

iDD

11. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    It looks really good! I might as well pop of the leg's on mine too. I'll see what it looks like tonight. With all the partsforming going on, popping of the legs won't bother me.

iDD

12. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

hm... interesting ideas,I can see what your talking about in my mind; maybe i should really make movie starscream my next scratch build.