Movie Starscream Can't Touch his Face?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Backscatter, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In DOTM where Sam is fighting Starscream, I had questions.

Why didn't Starscream just pull the grappling hook out of his eye?

Anyway, when blinded, Starcream at one point bangs his head on the pavement I realized he couldn't touch his face.

I guess he never had an itchy nose. :) 

2. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    He was just in a huge panic. There are people like that, when they get hurt or something they go into a frenzy instead of staying calm. Actually, I think most people would if they got stabbed in the eye. Megatron, on the other hand, got blasted in the face at the end of RotF and still kept his head. IMO both instances are great representations of their characters.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Well, Movieverse Starscream is pretty fat.

4. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this

5. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

It's the same way how a lot of people who catch on fire don't just stop drop and roll.

6. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

Maybe with his dorito-shaped body making his shoulders really wide, maybe he cant reach his face?

7. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

this! Lol!

8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    One of the most poorly executed parts of the film: Sam the yo-yo.

9. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    He claws at his face like 4 times though in the scene lol. Its not that he can't reach his face its that he can't see what hes doing since the grapple and the boom stick are too small for his fingers to get around.

10. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Prefect answer. Impressive! :thumbs2: 

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He should have just transformed. Would have solved every problem.

12. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    he's clumbsy

13. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is probably the best answer. He was stabbed in the eye, that's not something people react calmly to.

Would it? Or would it have just resulted in the boomstick ending up deeper inside his body?

14. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe...but with how complex the transformations are, it might have crushed the boomstick or something. I dunno.

15. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

scene was so stupid, i hated it. no idea why he didnt just pull it out of his eye, or just fly away. this inane action scene seemed to go on forever too which made it worse.

16. Starscream217

Starscream217 Lord Starscream

Well if he pulled em out he wouldn't be able to see properly anyway...apparently i read somewhere that the reason why he couldn't fly away was because his boosters were failing. Can someone tell me how the heck can his boosters fail when he was impaled in both of his eyes?

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Brain damage after smashing his dome into concrete a couple of times over, or from deeper damage than just his eyes getting smashed?

18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Ever try to tug at a loose tooth? Imagine that, but it's your eye. Yeah, he's got that going on constantly.

19. Stormrunner

Stormrunner Cry for the Cat's Eye

I look at it as in the case of me and a classmate cutting our thumbs open with exacto knives back at Art University.

I cut my finger go - huh - wrap it clean it and then an hour or so later realize its really really deep and I need stitches and go get them. Being female most people expected met o freak out about it - hell my friend that drove me to the doctor's was freaking out and it didn't happen to him. I was alone in the dorm when it happened and called my friend over - he thought I had just scratched myself or something I was so calm about it.

--This is comparable to Megatron in ROFL reacting to damage.

Now, lets go with the classmate - his wife (also in same class) tells the story. He cut his thumb open like I did and starts freaking out grabbing his hand screaming at his wife to call 911 because so much blood is coming out of it (mine gushed too). He runs around the house trying to be in same room as her dripping blood everywhere on the carpet and tiles, falls on part of the stairs, and all the way screaming about how he was going to lose his finger!
    They went to the hospital and found he didn't even need stitches. This was only 3 days after I had cut my own thumb open mind you. But we were doing different projects for an unrelated classes we were in.

- This is comparable to Starscream getting his eye poked out.

Everyone reacts differently - I did not laugh at the guy because he ran around screaming like a girl - but his wife did. But I told her in the end she has no idea how she will handle the situation unless it happens to her. I even surprised myself with how calm I was - because I thought I would freak if I ever cut myself so deep.

When you rely on something so much as your hands and eyes it is very easy to freak when something happens to them that doesn't normally. (I'm going to assume Cybertronians losing limbs like arms are pretty standard thing since Scream put it back on after getting hit with it by Megatron).

20. Sideswipe3963

Sideswipe3963 Warrior

i think you got the answer by now but i dont like the way they killed starscream. Starscream throughout the 1st and 2nd movie, was a real dominant character, he threw ratchet and ironhide around like a ragdoll in the 1st (the scene where they were covering sam as he ran to the building) so i dont think he shouldve died in such a wimpish way. i think it was the fact that he wasnt used to loosing or being beat up so he freaked-much like mike tyson (lol) also megatron only got one fight scene and it was mainly against sentinel not optimus, and it lasted for like 3 seconds.