"Movie Stars" New Hasbro overarching concept ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RedAlert Rescue, Feb 7, 2012.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I was wondering if we will find out that "Movie Stars" is a New Hasbro overarching concept ? as so far it already seems to apply to Transformers and Star Wars 3D related toys in some listing from retailers and general hasbro descriptions of those toys.

I can see it being expanded to things like the Avengers... I wonder if this is a tag line they intend to cross brand and market all Movie related toys in no matter what Movie and it would apply to anything from Marvel Comics movie content to Transformers to Gi Joe to Star Wars Motion Pictures.

What do you think - or is the Star Wars & Transformers "Movie Stars" thing just a coincidence or the start of a overarching cross brand marketing concept by Hasbro ?.

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Its the nature of how the business has been going lately. With Hasbro action movies inevitably having a massive chunk of the domestic action figure aisle.

But I'm not sure exactly what your referenceing with "movie stars"

"Movie Trilogy" is apparently the subline that keeps the movie characters relevant as prime and fall of cybertron become the media focus.

Its only been confirmed for some deluxe figures like Soundwave (black), bumblebee, Ratchet and wheeljack (new head) and a pack of deluxe class Optimus Prime with Trailer.

3. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The way they are selling Star Wars figures related to the 3D Movies and the way they are selling Transformers Movie toys with the same or similar Tag of "Movie Stars" seems like the start of a new policy to unifie the concept across multiple unrelated brands.

I realise many people think of the new TF line as Movie Trilogy but there's some listings in things like retailer computer descriptions that list both Star wars & Transformers toys for 2012 as "Movie Stars" .. I'm just wondering will they do that too with something like "The Avengers" also - is this a descriptive trend.

There's even a little flag on the Star Wars figures boxes that says "Movie Stars".. I just wondered would they use that flag on Transformers and Marvel comics movie related toys too.

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Hasbro has been focusing a lot on getting action movies of their properties made by companies like paramount. Since Hasbro can't fund these movies themselves.

Hasbro makes a few hundred million in toy sales. While the movie industry makes billions.

This year,

Star Wars phantom menace 3D,
    Battleship, candyland, GIJOE retaliation, Stretch Armstrong, Avengers, and Spider Man.

All movie propertys that Hasbro stands to make toy sales from.

Hasbro has always been clear about being a branded play company.
    Their brands are media Icons.