Movie Spotlight: Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Alienbot, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Once again, a tale set in my interpretation of the film series, some of which may contradict IDW's comics. And hopefully a lot longer...

"I AM MEGATRON!" I cry. For the past century I have been paralyzed by the temperature, having to hear these inane insects bicker on, trying to decipher who I am. Liberating myself at last, I transform into my jet form and fly out of this dank cave. And of all the people I would've wished to see again after all these years, it was he who I hoped to see last.

"I live to serve you Lord Megatron."
    "WHERE IS THE CUBE?" I snapped.
    "The humans have taken it."
    What was he doing sitting like a lump then? Moron. "You've failed me yet again Starscream, GET THEM!"
    "I apologise my lord. I have ground forces pursuing a human convoy protected by the Autobots with the Cube."
    "Autobots, here?" So, in my absence, the Decepticons never crushed the resistance. Naturally, considering what leadership they've had on offer.
    "It is Optimus' inner circle that has taken the initiative. Ironhide, Ratchet, Jazz and Bumblebee." Ah, the Cube's former guardian, the one whom I left mute.

I wished to speak no more, and flew to the air to reflect how like my master, this planet ensnared me and wrecked my fortunes. Like him, I had become a prisoner of physical fatigue, fortune favouring the fleshings, but now, I had escaped, and hopefully he would too. I cast my mind back a few thousand years ago...

"Optimus' loss shall be our gain. He has sent the AllSpark on a journey that will find the Matrix for us: flying in space, it shall go to the next avaliable source of energon. It forged the Matrix for us to harvest suns to recharge the Cube. How appropriate it shall end where it started: on the planet where my brothers proved themselves too weak to handle the deaths of small organics."
    "The AllSpark and the Matrix shall render us invincible. Thank you."

I journeyed onwards: the glory of finding these artifacts would belong to no other. Only Soundwave and The Fallen knew where I was headed. The hard part was knowing where was. The Fallen recalled a system with four silicate planets, an asteroid belt and at least three gas giants. The sun itself was white, and the harvester was built on the third silicate, a Class-M world. Air content was primarily nitrogen and oxygen. I repeated these thoughts on my solitary journey through the galaxy, scanning each star for a matching system pattern, and the smell of energon.

When I found the planet, I detected the Cube in a river on the northwest landmass. Exhausted, I chose to land on a nearby ice sheet. Then I fell into a cold sleep as a reward for my laziness, for I did not think of the fragility of these organic worlds. When I awoke for the first time, I sent a distress signal, but it did not reach its destination, instead blinding the human that awoke me, damn him! How frustrating now that I was conscious, yet unable to move: I would endure the humiliation of those insects moving my body like I was a statue. Cruel fate rendered them to refer to me as NBE 1, Iceman and most frustratingy, Megaman. I learned their names for everything, including the stupid name for their world, Earth. And all the while I could smell the Cube right next door...

I broke off this recollection as Blackout hovered up next to me. The rotor-type of Decepticons were bred for size and loyalty.

"Megatron, we are pleased to hear from you."
    "And I you, in my absence I feared Starscream had taken full command."
    "He has none while you and The Fallen live."
    "And Soundwave and Barricade?"
    "The former is absent my lord, this was a stealthy mission, Barricade was sent in his stead with one of his puppets. It still did well to free you."
    "Excellent," I always knew I could count on Soundwave's box of tricks.
    "Barricade here, welcome back my lord, the Autobot convoy is on its way to a city. Optimus has dispatched but has been delayed by a Bonecrusher."
    Well, it was good to know the Decepticon army was still organised the same way.
    "It's Starscream," ugh, "I have thrown down the gauntlet. Devastator is arriving shortly."
    "DEVASTATOR?"
    "My apologies lord, that is the name of the Brawl class warrior we selected for this, low profile, mission."

I landed and bellowed my name to the Autobots and humans, who fled from me just as they did from Cybertron. Except Jazz. That obnoxious former security officer. He stood his ground and he paid the price for it. I grabbed and flew him atop a tower, dangling him precariously as he called out defiantly, "Do you want a piece of me?"

"No. I want two pieces!"

Energon splattered across my body, my first kill in centuries. It was liberating. I cried out for the Decepticons to attack. I felt giddy that soon the Cube would be mine. Then, I heard his voice. The accursed thorn in my master's side, the one who was once my brother until I learned of what he really was. "Prime!" I threw off the Autobots' remains and pounced at Optimus, flying through a building. We struggled.

"Keep them out of this fight!", he cried, ashamed we smashed a settlement together.
    "Humans don't deserve to live."
    "They deserve to choose for themselves.
    "Then you will die with them!" I flung him across and aimed. "Join them in extinction!" He fired back, and I responded with a far more devastating blow, to him and those he cared for.

"Megatron," Starscream called through a frequency, "a boy is running with the compacted Cube. I have separated him from the Autobots."
    "Excellent," I replied, transforming and flying after the energon signature. "Give me that Cube boy!" I cried as I began running after him. Dozens ran from my presence. Suddenly, the boy tripped and energon waves gave birth to animals. I laughed, for I was reminded of the misinformation we gave to the Autobots, that I wanted the Cube to create a swarm of soldiers. I have no interest in commanding beasts. Unfortunately, the boy was gone once more, but I smelt him, and he was cornered.

Smashing through the building, I became increasingly frustrated. He had the home advantage afterall and he was fast. When at last I confronted him, I just had to ask the child, "Is it fear or courage that compels you." The answer was not just irritating for its defiance, its baffling knowledge, but for its shrill human noise.

"I'm never giving you this AllSpark!"

"Oh so unwise," I muttered as I swung my mace at him. Just before that, a helicopter I took no notice of began shooting at me! As I swatted it I heard Optimus' voice again. No, the boy lived! I plunged from the building and hit Optimus, the boy and the Cube as we both tumbled to the ground. Exhausted, I realized there was a human on my finger. "Disgusting!" I flicked it. I got up. The boy was gone, but Optimus was there. How low of him to use these insects for field work.

"It's just you and me now Megatron."
    "No, it's just me Prime."
    "By the end of this day, one shall stand, one shall fall." How ironic. As he hit my head, I grabbed his shoulder and threw him off. Optimus wasn't at his best in a civilian environment.
    "You still fight for the weak, that is why you shall lose!"
    I threw him once more, but he grabbed my hand and stood up, and we began boxing. I threw him down, and saw the boy once more as Optimus pleaded for aid. As I proceeded to kick him again, I was struck! I fell as the humans continually pounded me from behind and above. Starscream? Blackout? Had only I only been rescued to just be executed here? No! There he was, holding my AllSpark. Optimus crawled and instructed to put in whose chest? I roared and attempted to dodge as the creature put it in mine! I felt sick, there was so much energon, and my mine was clouded by cyberglyphics.

Darkness.

Then light.

As I arose in a new body from my second stasis lock, I had to wonder, who was that child?

2. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Again, great insight into another movie TF! You're very good at getting into their heads! And i like how you incorporate details from ROTF into this too so that it all fits together.

So who's next?

3. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for commenting Black Oracle. I'll probably do Starscream and The Fallen next, to cover the main Decepticons, then who knows, it was Soundwave and Megs I was really interested in.

4. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

Awesome so far! :thumb  Can't wait for more.