Movie Soundwave officially out?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, May 7, 2009.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I heard that the movie Soundwave is out in Canada. Are they officially out? If yes is there one spotted in Vancouver?

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    stores are receiving them but they should not be sold till may 30th. Everything you hear is either screwups or people getting lucky

3. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

So is the 30th when they can sell the preview figures? Bee and Soundwave? How confusing is that? People are saying that walmart has ROTF stuff all stocked up but it won't ring up on the register so they can't get it. So out of a wall of toys you can only get 2? I thought on the 30th they could all be sold, but then when do the preview figures get sold.

Kinda confused,.........I just want a Soundwave, lol.

4. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

They shouldn't have even bothered to call them Preview figures.

Even if the intention was for them to be a few weeks early, there's no way any retailer is going to let them go before the 30th, when all the other stuff can officially be sold.

They're not going to put two of the figures out and just leave the rest sitting in the stock room. They'll wait and put them all out at once.

Plus, people who have found wave 1 have found Bumblebees with them and they ring up just like all the others. "Do not Sell." So they get taken down just like all the others, put back in the boxes, and there they will sit until the 30th.

Also, putting Bumblebee in the preview wave AND wave 1 is just stupid and is going to make Soundwave friggin hard to get.

Think about it. Why would any store order a case of nothing but Soundwave/Bee, and then proceed to order another case that has the exact same Bee plus four other figures. They'd end up with metric hugtons of Bumblebees... They'd be better off just getting the one that has Bee and the four others. That's one case for five figures vs. two cases for six (with an absurdly disproportionate amount of one of them). Simple math.

I have a terrible feeling that a lot of places will skip the Soundwave/Bee wave, and just jump strait into the Bee/Breakaway/Rampage/Sideswipe/Sideways wave. (All the sightings of wave 1 figures, Bumblebee included, and no Soundwaves seems to lend credence to this...)

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Y'know except that's exactly what happened with the first movie figures. Prime and Starscream (protoform modes) were the only 2 movie figures they put out, and they were made available a few weeks before the rest of the line.

6. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    And around here, they were available a few months after the entire line was released. In the discount aisle at some pleces.

7. TranstechCat

Yeah, but the first waves of TF1 were:

Preview wave:
    Protoform Optimus Prime
    Protoform Starscream

Wave 1:
    Bumblebee (Classic Camaro)
    Jazz
    Brawl
    Barricade
    Scorponok
    Wreckage

While this time, the first two are:

Preview Wave:
    Bumblebee
    Soundwave

Wave 1:
    Breakaway
    Bumblebee
    Rampage
    Sideswipe
    Sideways

They put Bee in BOTH of the first waves.

Say the cases were like so: (I don't remember where the links to the case assortments are right now, so this is just a rough estimate...)

Preview Wave - 3 Soundwave, 3 Bumblebee
    Wave 1 - 1 Breakaway, 2 Bee, 1 Rampage, 1 Sideswipe, 1 Sideways

Now, say the stores buy 2 cases of each at... I don't know... $50 a case, they'd get:

6 Soundwave
    10 Bumblebee
    2 Breakaway
    2 Rampage
    2 Sideswipe
    2 Sideways

Total: $200

Whereas if they simply bought 2 cases of wave 1 and skipped the preview wave altogether, they'd get:

4 Bumblebee
    2 Breakaway
    2 Rampage
    2 Sideswipe
    2 Sideways

Total: $100

They'd loose one figure (Soundwave), but they'd have the exact same number of everything else, and a LOT less Bumblebees for half the price.

I'm tellin ya. Putting Bee in the Preview wave AND wave 1 is going to make places pass on the preview wave, which'll make Soundwave hard to find.

*hopes to primus he's way wrong.*

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    The big boxes don't take that much time in ordering and will probably get stuck with whatever Hasbro sends them. Additionally, when have we ever had a problem having too many bumblebees on the shelf?

9. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your logic is leaving out the fact that kids go apeshit for BB and stores couldn't get him in stock during the last movie. You can never have too many BBs. Also major retailers dont really give a rats ass what figures are in what wave. When they go to order toys they just say send me deluxe tf's not send me wave 1.5.
    People are forgetting that the reason deluxes got released early last time is that stores couldn't tell the difference between preview figures and the regular so hasbro just gave up.

10. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't wait to get Soundwave. As far as i know, these 2 are supposed to be out next week, around the 15th.

11. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yesterday I saw Soundwave on Hasbrotoyshop.com and it said it will be ship on 6/8/09 if you want to place an order right now. But I decided to hold off for right now, because of their $6.98 shipping cost. That is a total of almost $20 for a Deluxe figure.

If I can't find it in stores next month, then I will place an order for one at Walmart where the shipping is free. But you have wait longer for it to arrive and you have to go to Walmart to pick it up.

12. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Your numbers are off. There are 8 figures in a deluxe case. A preview wave case is 5x Bumble Bee, 3x Soundwave. And a wave 1 case is 2x Bumble Bee 2x Sideways 2x Sideswipe 1x Rampage 1x Breakaway

Doing your 2 cases of each it's

6 Soundwave
    14 Bumblebee
    2 Breakaway
    2 Rampage
    4 Sideswipe
    4 Sideways

4 Bumblebee
    2 Breakaway
    2 Rampage
    4 Sideswipe
    4 Sideways

13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    If there are that many Soundwaves in a box I better get 2 right away.

14. TranstechCat

Yeah, like I said. I was just estimating cause I didn't feel like searching a gazillion pages to get the exact numbers.

Still, either Bumblebee is going to be taking up MAJOR peg space or Soundwave is going to be a no-show. I'm just hoping it's not the latter.

15. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Which wave is the BB with the gattling guns coming out? In other words, are we getting the same Bee fig for preview wave and wave one or is will we get retool bee as preview fig & gattling gun Bee as wave one fig?

16. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

I'm in Vancouver and someone pointed out that there's some boxes of Movie toys at the very top of the shelf at one of the TRUs. All are labelled May 15th, I know I'm gonna be there early that day...

17. TranstechCat

Wave 1 Bee is the same figure as Preview Bee.

Technically, the Preview wave is "Wave 1" and the other one is "Wave 1.5" or whatever. Bee is in both, but Soundwave is only in the preview wave.

18. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I use goldenagetoys.com or entertainmentearth.com. Both sell cases and list the contents. Still deluxe Soundwave can be a now show for all I care. I don't know what it is but, movie toy+cybertronian mode+deluxe=shitty figure. I didn't think the flamming space turd proto-forms from movie one could be topped for craptasticness, but Soundwave proved me wrong. If he doesn't get an earth mode, I'm going to have to go without him.