Minor/Repaint: Movie Solstice BB

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Kouri, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Well, after checking this out, I got to thinking: If it works one way, why not the other?

And thusly, we get this! =D

[​IMG]

Still a work in progress, by the way. My idea was simple: BB's supposed to be the pudgy lil spy, so why not give 'em a pudgy lil body? The first step was fixing Jazz's horrid proportions. The automorph has been adjusted: The head now rises fully and doesn't affect the chest. The chest plate are no longer automated but (will) flip back, thinning the chest area. The legs no longer extend (but still bend at the knee), but now they don't make the upper body seem so short.

The arms need some ball joints at the elbow. This will allow the lower arms to swing around and reveal some make-shift hands (yet to be implemented). The hood, trunk/spoiler, and doors still need to be worked in, but they don't seem to be much of an issue yet. The legs're still insecure, though:

[​IMG]
    (As you can see, the chest area needs a bit of securing >.>)

A bit of glue'll take care of the legs, once I'm sure I won't need to crack them open anymore.

So yeah, comments?

EDIT: This guy became TFTM Cliffjumper. Follow his progress here.

Attached Files:

2. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

love to see it painted.

3. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Maybe it could work, and the solstice fits better the mini bot personality for BB since it's a shorter car

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Hmmm... verrry interesting. Once you finish this, it'd be nice if you could give us a play-by-play of how you achieved some of the changes.

Good idea!

zmog

5. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That'll have to wait a bit. I'm vastly more interested in the plastic-grinding end of things. Also, I lack any paint. >.>

I am starting to get attached to this alt mode. However, if I've got enough FIXIT Sculpt left over, after finishing my other projects, I might resculpt the alt mode to a Saleen Ford Focus S121.

Sure thing. Not for a while, though - I want to make sure I only instruct changes that're necessary for the change. Everything cosmetic'll be up to the basher. ^^

Also, a bit of a height comparison!

[​IMG]

I guess Jazz was originally taller than I would've given him credit for - BB's not all too short. As for Jazz, I'm not really planning much for him, atm, aside from maybe altering the Camaro a bit to fit that energon rifle in.

6. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Guess who's got balljoints?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The flaps don't fold over completely in alt mode, but this'll give me more clearance for the arms. I suppose I kind of have to redo the alt mode, though. Oh well, Saleen Focus, here we come. ^^

Finally, his right thigh's been secured, need to redo his left (you can see it falling apart already >.>). Chest plates still loose.

7. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Sorry for the black background - the scanner only picks up red when all of the lights are on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've secured both legs (well, at least the front seams), attached the doors to the windows and allowed the windoor section to rotate seperately from the seats, allowing for the head automorph and still providing clearance for the legs. In back, you can see the sections cut out to allow the non-extended legs to bend. I still need to give this guy some more detailed arms, then it's onto working on the alt mode.

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this pic made me laugh, he looks like a fatty.