Movie Skywarp has three hands?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Icespark, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    Hello,

I'm not certain whether or not this has been discussed before and I apologize if this is the incorrect forum for this., however, I found something (I think is) interesting. I found a Walmart Exclusive ROTF Skywarp on clearance, and purchased him. Upon returning home, and opening him, I took a look at the artwork on the holographic card that came with him. It seems that, in the artwork, Movie Skywarp does not have three hands.

Look carefully at the artwork. In the artwork, his left hand and arm are raised above his head, while his right hand is in it's rocket launcher form. So, why is there another hand, holding a gun, sticking out of his left side? At first, I though it might be his right hand, with the rocket launcher mounted on his arm, however, if that is the case, why is the thumb on the hand facing the viewer of the photo? If it was a right hand, being positioned in that manner, then the thumb would not be visible clearly from that angle. Or it could just be that my eye-sight is getting worse.......

I've also taken into account the possibility that it might be from the three silhouettes behind him. After studying the artwork for a while, I'm pretty certain that the first figure, on Skywarp's left, is Optimus Prime, in the artwork from the first movie (the artwork used as a basis for the big statue of him at Botcon). The second figure, somewhat off-center behind Skywarp, is Arcee, or at least, one of the motorcycles; the single wheel leg is easily identifiable. I failed to identify the third silhouette, located directly behind Skywarp, far in the background. However, the third hand can be from none of these silhouettes; the hand is colored in, like Skywarp, while the silhouettes are entirely in black. The silhouettes also do not change position, or disappear, unlike Skywarp's parts upon switching the angle of the card.

Would anyone be willing to scrutinize the artwork, and let me know what they think? My eye-sight is just getting even worse! :lol  :) 

Edit- Thanks to *Soundwave* and everyone else for showing me what I missing! I appreciate it!

Edit 2-
    Ah well, at least the fact that the artists threw Optimus, Arcee, and someone else into the background is kind of interesting....

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  2. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Wut.

3. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :useless 

4. Icespark

News Credits:
    Pretty much what I said when I noticed the third hand! :lol 

Is it possible to scan a holographic card?

5. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe not, but then what is the point if we can't see what he's talking about? Or at least the ones who didn't buy him.

6. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

im not seein it....

7. Icespark

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, however, like I said, I'm not certain it's possible to scan a holographic card. I'm not really certain what I can do. :confused: 

Edit-
    Thanks! I've placed a red circle around the part in that photo! Thanks again! :D 

Attached Files:

8. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    That would be his knee. =D

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm looking at the card right now and I have no idea what you're talking about. As far as the limbs, I see:

- Skywarp's left arm raised above his head.
    - His left leg raised and bent at the knee, with the digitigrade 'ankle' bent at 90 degrees relative to the calf.
    - His right arm in missile launcher form.
    - His right leg fully extended, with slight bends in both the knee and 'ankle'.

All it shows is the jet mode, at least on my scanner.

EDIT - Dang, question answered already.

10. Icespark

News Credits:
    Edit: I now understand my mistake. The part I thought was his knee, is actually his foot! So, *Soundwave* is completely correct, it is his knee. Thank you all so much, I really appreciate the help! Looks like it's time for a trip to the eye doctor! :lol  :D 

Ah well, at least the fact that the artists threw Optimus, Arcee, and someone else into the background is kind of interesting....

11. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

:) 

12. Icespark

News Credits:
    Thank you again, *Soundwave*. :)  I appreciate it! :) 

What really threw me off was Skywarp's hand obscuring his left leg.

I've gone back and edited my posts to indicate my failure at visual perception! :lol  :) 

Now.....anyone want to help me figure out who the third silhouette is? :lol 

13. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    i see the Optimus, can you circle the other 2?

14. Icespark

News Credits:
    I'll have it done in a moment..... I need to try to take a picture of the card; the other to form are only visible in his plane mode.....

I realize just how abysmal this photo is; my camera doesn't seem to like the holographics.... I'll try to take a better one. The two are circled in red; the larger of the two is Arcee, or at the very least, one of the three motorcycles. it's the smaller one I can't figure out.

I've uploaded Arcee's Silhouette. I've trying to get a picture of the smaller one, but can't seem to get it to show up.... My camera just can't get it to show up clearly. It's just too small. It doesn't really matter anyway, you've answered my question, and that's enough for me. Thanks again! I do appreciate it! :D 

Attached Files:

15. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Wow, I actually saw exactly what you saw... I thought it was a hand too.

16. Icespark

News Credits:
    It does look like a hand, doesn't it? The artwork really had me fooled! :lol 

Still, I'm glad I learned that I was wrong. Now, I won't be wondering why he has an extra hand every time I look at the toy! :lol  :D 

17. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Right on!

18. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    That one silhouette is actually Bumblebee, not Arcee.

[​IMG]

19. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I still need to get Skywarp. Just for the sake of completing the seekers lol. Ramjet too I guess.